BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre Season Friendlies Summer 2016

Joint protests ? Maybe they can show us a thing or two.

Our lot would panic if the lashers invaded the pitch. This board would have posters moaning that they didn't get their full 90 minutes of riveting football.

Would love to see a a 50 a-side football match break out between Rovers and Pool protestors.

Cost a fortune to bring them over, but a win and big crowd was the reward.

A friend of mine thinks it was Xavi's debut! He was brilliant that day.

Lazio the year after was a great game. A Friday night, In the torrential rain, Yorke destroyed them. I was just in awe or Nesta.

A friend of mine thinks it was Xavi's debut! He was brilliant that day.

Lazio the year after was a great game. A Friday night, In the torrential rain, Yorke destroyed them. I was just in awe or Nesta.

It definitely wasn't Xavi's debut, he was playing first team football for years before that game, which was my younger son's first Rovers game. (His first league game was the 7-1 demolition of West Ham, not a bad two to start off with!)

• 2 weeks later...

Are these pre season fixtures and opposition confirmed ? And what dates we will be playing them. Not sure how they get arranged but this was posted before Lambert left so could this affect anything. Would anew manager in want to arrange his own friendlies ?

Are these pre season fixtures and opposition confirmed ? And what dates we will be playing them. Not sure how they get arranged but this was posted before Lambert left so could this affect anything. Would anew manager in want to arrange his own friendlies ?

No confirmation or dates as yet. Depending on the standard of the new manager I doubt he'd be that bothered about pre-season friendlies. Lambert has already arranged it all and most of the friendlies look to be against the same local lower league sides that we have faced for the last 4 years in pre-season.

Like with everything else we'll find out at the last minute.

Archived