BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Holidays This Year

I wouldn't dream of travelling without proper insurance. Like Abbey I have it through the bank but I'm paying for the account so am paying something for the insurance in that (there are other benefits too).

I have only ever claimed once, when my mother-in-law died just before we were due to fly to Madeira. If I recollect right I got about 250 euros back for a hotel deposit (everything else was cancelled without loss). So clearly I've lost money over the years, paying out more than I've got back.

But thinking about it, I had an accident on my bike seven weeks ago. It was in the UK so all my treatment has been covered by the NHS. But I have in recent years done some cycling in South Africa, the US, Canada and New Zealand as well as lots in Mallorca. If I had had the same accident in say the US I would have been facing a huge bill without insurance. That's not a risk I am prepared to take.

Abbey - you want to have a good look at at what you're covered for if your insurance through the bank is truly free - many of these give very minimal cover, which lot so people only realise when they try to claim and can be seriously out of pocket.

Abbey - you want to have a good look at at what you're covered for if your insurance through the bank is truly free - many of these give very minimal cover, which lot so people only realise when they try to claim and can be seriously out of pocket.

Yep. No STD related cover I'm afraid :P

Just wondering if I'm the only person that doesn't bother with travel insurance. :huh:

I estimate I've saved over a grand in recent years.

Anyway, my holiday this year might involve a week back in Blackburn and possibly several days in Blackpool :tu:

I have annual multi trip insurance with Tesco. The renewal arrived today - £166.99 for two people world wide cover. Last year it was £166 and I made a £4000 claim for a cancelled holiday which was paid out.

Amazed it only increased by £6.99

I have annual multi trip insurance with Tesco. The renewal arrived today - £166.99 for two people world wide cover. Last year it was £166 and I made a £4000 claim for a cancelled holiday which was paid out.

Amazed it only increased by £6.99

Its only gone up 99p Paul, unless you are using a Brexit calculator?

• 2 months later...
  • Moderation Lead

Whilst this is next year, I'm going to Prague for a Stag Do in March. Has anyone been? I've wanted to go for a long time, but never got around to it! Is it any good?

I say this as though I'll be spending time in many places other than pubs......

Wonderful city. It's 6-7 years since I was there but two American friends who are staying with us just had a few days in Prague and had a great time.

While our interests are probably different I'd suggest being on the old side of the bridge - this is the opposite side of the river from Wenceslas Square. In my experience avoid the old style restaurants and look for those full of young people were you will find great food which is a modern twist on traditional Czech cuisine.

Enjoy.

Archived