BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Documentary - Four Years On...

Rovers fans,

In August 2013 I released the documentary onto YouTube 'Venky's the fall of Blackburn Rovers' it totalled 78,000 views and got a small to medium amount of media attention. This was filmed in 2012 and since then the club has fallen into further decline under Venky ownership.

Like any project, you look back, assess and take on board everyone's feedback. I'm ready to return and ready to look further and to get different angles on the crisis at the club.

The aim is to get to India.

I have set up a crowdfunding page. The target is £5,000 to be raised in 4 weeks. If this is reached, I will go into pre-production on the project to get it moving as fast as possible. This is again an expenses budget and no profit is going to be made here. It seems like a lot of money but when you take into consideration the audience on Twitter/Facebook/BRFCS combined, £1-£2 each should easily get us to the target we need.

I thank you all for your support in advance,

Here is the link to the page,

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/venkys-the-continuing-fall-of-blackburn-rovers/

Rovers fans,

In August 2013 I released the documentary onto YouTube 'Venky's the fall of Blackburn Rovers' it totalled 78,000 views and got a small to medium amount of media attention. This was filmed in 2012 and since then the club has fallen into further decline under Venky ownership.

Like any project, you look back, assess and take on board everyone's feedback. I'm ready to return and ready to look further and to get different angles on the crisis at the club.

The aim is to get to India.

I have set up a crowdfunding page. The target is £5,000 to be raised in 4 weeks. If this is reached, I will go into pre-production on the project to get it moving as fast as possible. This is again an expenses budget and no profit is going to be made here. It seems like a lot of money but when you take into consideration the audience on Twitter/Facebook/BRFCS combined, £1-£2 each should easily get us to the target we need.

I thank you all for your support in advance,

Here is the link to the page,

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/venkys-the-continuing-fall-of-blackburn-rovers/

No problem i'll certainly chip in when I get back home.

First documentary was good one.

Any chance of getting some local business sponsors? Maybe even Seneca?

As much as hate the right wing press we have in this country, we need some of them to get involved through investigative journalism too. Years ago, Big Sam got investigated- alongside other footballing individuals- for their role in transfer dealings. Although nothing was ever truly uncovered, it kicked a massive storm up. Some managers refused to speak to press after this for a good period of time. This was all because it was mainstream media.

As good as 78,000 views were, it wasn't enough to change the club for the better. I admire your efforts, but we need someone from say The Sun/ Mirror to get stuck into them. They'll do absolutely anything for a story, at any cost!

Have you tried to float this to local business people too? It is in the interests of them to see a return to the bustling Saturdays that match days used to create. It could be good publicity for them too.

I liked the idea of asking Seneca. I am more than sure they could drum up some money for you. That being said, will donate as soon as I can. Good luck.

Have you tried to float this to local business people too? It is in the interests of them to see a return to the bustling Saturdays that match days used to create. It could be good publicity for them too.

I liked the idea of asking Seneca. I am more than sure they could drum up some money for you. That being said, will donate as soon as I can. Good luck.

A lot of avenues are being pursued. It will be good to have a wide audience representation from the community, that way I hope that the next documentary will do everyone proud and that there will be a feel of community ownership behind it.

A lot of avenues are being pursued. It will be good to have a wide audience representation from the community, that way I hope that the next documentary will do everyone proud and that there will be a feel of community ownership behind it.

Good on the community representation. However, as good as the first documentary was, I felt it was more informative than investigative. Now that people are aware of the issues at BRFC this documentary would have greater effect if it documented an investigation into the wrongdoings at Ewood, whether that be through interviews, analysis of leaked documents, contracts etc. Is this the plan for this?

Could attempt to interview former players and staff, perhaps see if Shebby will go on camera for you and attempt to get some sort of contact with Cheston & co. If you are filming in India it would be great if you could get some material to use in it.

Bit of a token gesture as I'm sure you know people far more qualified than myself but if you need any help, however big or small or for whatever reason, I would be more than willing. It will be good to see some publicity for a change.

Good on the community representation. However, as good as the first documentary was, I felt it was more informative than investigative. Now that people are aware of the issues at BRFC this documentary would have greater effect if it documented an investigation into the wrongdoings at Ewood, whether that be through interviews, analysis of leaked documents, contracts etc. Is this the plan for this?

Could attempt to interview former players and staff, perhaps see if Shebby will go on camera for you and attempt to get some sort of contact with Cheston & co. If you are filming in India it would be great if you could get some material to use in it.

Bit of a token gesture as I'm sure you know people far more qualified than myself but if you need any help, however big or small or for whatever reason, I would be more than willing. It will be good to see some publicity for a change.

You're right that the first one was more informative. The feedback from fans of other clubs was great, was eye-opening but it was short-lived and yesterday's news very quickly.

I have a great idea for this one. Something that will hopefully open more eyes across the nation and India too.

I will try everything I can to get as many relevant people on camera.

Archived