BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff At Home

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I still like out swinging crosses coming from as near to the line as possible. If cutting in from the wing a low cut back cross or pass is deadly too.

Crossing from full backs is often too far down the field and becomes just a punt into the box.

I couldn't agree more. As a defender myself I liked nothing more than having the play in front of me all the time.

When you got turned around by a winger getting outside the fullback you'd be trying to run back towards goal with one eye on the winger and the ball and you'd be trying to to keep the other eye on the player you're marking. He could then jink in front of you, jink behind you , just stop and let you run away from him.

it's a nightmare for defenders. Watching wingers run across in front of you trying to dodge tacklers was much easier.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit for me it was a decent point it seemed like the typical game that Rovers would lose normally but some how Mowbray is making it look like we have a stronger squad than what we actually have. Using Graham and Mahoney as impact subs shows that. Good result as the confidence continues to build. 

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't weigh that up. We bring a left footed player on and play him on the right wing, at the same time as putting a right footer out on the left. Some aspects of modern football leave me baffled !

Assuming the logic is so they can cut in which opens space for an overlapping full back.  Under Coyle the full backs rarely got forward enough.  In the second half Nyambe was almost playing as a winger last night so some merit in it.  That said, I would rather see a winger crossing from the byline with his stronger foot.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Assuming the logic is so they can cut in which opens space for an overlapping full back.  Under Coyle the full backs rarely got forward enough.  In the second half Nyambe was almost playing as a winger last night so some merit in it.  That said, I would rather see a winger crossing from the byline with his stronger foot.

I agree. Having said that our goal last night came from a left footed cross coming from the right hand side.  The quality of the cross did the damage. It turned Cardiff's defenders around and had them facing their own goal when the ball arrived.

• Mike E unpinned this topic

Archived