BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff At Home

Just setting up the chat for tomorrows game. Feel free to discuss. 

In other news once Hoban is back fit I would like to see a line up of. 

--------Steele----------

Nyambe--Lenihan--Hoban--Williams

Feeney----Mulgrew---Lowe----Bennett

--------------Emnes--------------

----------Gallagher/Graham (Depending on opponents)

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit nervous about this one. A win would be brilliant,but I am afraid we may run out of steam. Warnock is managing to keep them motivated,even though they have nothing really to play for at this stage. 

I can't see TM breaking up our defence after back to back clean sheets. 

• Backroom

Hopefully the players don't rest on their laurels after two brilliant wins. 

Again I wouldn't be disappointed with a draw but a win would hopefully give us a bit of breathing space and would mark a remarkable turnaround within 2 weeks.

Some interesting selection issues as I feel he wouldn't want to change a winning team but a few of them are running on empty.

• Backroom

A win here would be huge. As far as our immediate rivals are concerned:

Birmingham Vs Wigan

Bristol City Vs Norwich 

Ipswich Town Vs Wolves

Nottingham Forest Vs Brentford

Sheffield Wednesday Vs Burton

I'd say we can expect at least two of the teams around us to drop points.

important we keep form and momentum going for this game , i would expect another unchanged starting line up and wouldnt be surprised if the game finished 1-0 again 

I can't see Mowbray breaking up a winning team. I think we will see the same line-up as Saturday unless there are any enforced changes, my only concern would be 3 games in 10 days might be pushing Mulgrew to his limits, however chucking Hoban straight in after so long out would be a worry, no matter how good he was before his injury.

My team

Steele

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Mahoney Guthrie Lowe Bennett

Emnes  Graham

Subs:- Raya Hoban Akpan Feeney Conway Gallagher Joao

Think it will be 1 nil Rovers win. Graham with the Penalty

9 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

....................Steele

..Mahoney Lowe Guthrie Bennett

......................Emnes

....................Gallagher

I think Mahoney deserves a start and I like Bennett.

I cant see him playing Mahoney in front of Nyambe just yet as it would leave the right hand side a bit exposed due to the lack of experience if we get into a safe position in the league then i think you will see them start together.

Some tough away fixtures coming up would be nice to head into them with another win.Tough game though,a draw wouldn't be the worst result.

Conway is looking a bit tired,would like to see Mahoney given a start.And maybe Danny Graham for Gallagher as we will need his running in the two away games that follow.

Heart says 2-1...head says 1-1

Cardiff have a reasonable record on the road since the turn of the year (won 3, lost 3), including impressive wins at Leeds and Derby. I'd love a win - that would really top off our newfound belief and give us as many points as possible before two away games that I expect us to take nothing from. I think a draw is more realistic against a well-drilled Warnock side that have a bit of form, though.

You also have to take into account the other fixtures in and around us tomorrow night.

Bristol City v Norwich
Ipswich v Wolves
Brum v Wigan
Sheff Wed v Burton

Getting both Bristol City and Wigan penned into the relegation zone would help our cause massively, but all of those fixtures look kind for us. Even a draw could see us move up a place.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Steele

Mahoney Guthrie Lowe Bennett

Emnes  Graham

Subs:- Raya Hoban Akpan Feeney Conway Gallagher Joao

Think it will be 1 nil Rovers win. Graham with the Penalty

What will the penalty be for Chaddy and in what minute ?

11 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Cardiff have a reasonable record on the road since the turn of the year (won 3, lost 3), including impressive wins at Leeds and Derby. I'd love a win - that would really top off our newfound belief and give us as many points as possible before two away games that I expect us to take nothing from. I think a draw is more realistic against a well-drilled Warnock side that have a bit of form, though.

You also have to take into account the other fixtures in and around us tomorrow night.

Bristol City v Norwich
Ipswich v Wolves
Brum v Wigan
Sheff Wed v Burton

Getting both Bristol City and Wigan penned into the relegation zone would help our cause massively, but all of those fixtures look kind for us. Even a draw could see us move up a place.

Big game for Bristol, they will be thinking they can win that at home against a Norwich team on a bad run. A Norwich win would do us a huge favour and really dent Bristols already damaged confidence. DRAW. 

Ipswich are one of those teams you don't want your rivals playing, as in they have nothing to play for. It also looks like McCarthy will leave in the summer. Can see Wolves getting something here unfortunately. WOLVES WIN.

I can't see Wigan winning away as they don't appear to have any attacking threat. Birmingham are improving as of late, so think they can sneak it. BIRMINGHAM WIN.

Wednesday are flying and while Burton will shut up shop and try to get a draw, I think Wednesday will have too much for them. WEDNESDAY WIN. 

• Backroom

Agree with most of the above but you really never know, I expect Bristol to win as well it's got to happen sooner or later

I agree about changes. It is hard to know where though. 

Can Lowe be dropped, sorry, rested?

I would also say Mulgrew, Guthrie, Feeney(yes) and Lenihan are undroppable ,such is their importance to the team. 

Although maybe Bennett could come in for Guthrie? Even though I see almost everyone has Bennett down as a winger. He isn't a winger! 

Just now, Tom said:

Agree with most of the above but you really never know, I expect Bristol to win as well it's got to happen sooner or later

I wrote some score prediction script for Super 6, and it has Bristol City to win 2-1. My script is usually wrong. :)

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I agree about changes. It is hard to know where though. 

Can Lowe be dropped, sorry, rested?

I would also say Mulgrew, Guthrie, Feeney(yes) and Lenihan are undroppable ,such is their importance to the team. 

Although maybe Bennett could come in for Guthrie? Even though I see almost everyone has Bennett down as a winger. He isn't a winger! 

I reckon Mahoney deserves a start, however I can see why they don't, young man likes going forward and is less experienced.

1 hour ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I can't see Mowbray breaking up a winning team. I think we will see the same line-up as Saturday unless there are any enforced changes, my only concern would be 3 games in 10 days might be pushing Mulgrew to his limits, however chucking Hoban straight in after so long out would be a worry, no matter how good he was before his injury.

We only started winning after his changes though.

Couple of wily managers up against each other here but hopefully the more sessions they have with the TM the more solid they'll become. Make no mistake he''ll be aiming for another 1-0 er.  Awkward game though and we've had a bit of luck in scoring recently and a bit of class on Sat so hopefully that continues as i don't see many goals coming from open play with the new tighter style.

Rovers 1    Cardiff 1

Hoping for a win but a draw wouldn't be disastrous. With games in hand on some rivals we need to keep accumulating points. Would love a another clean sheet. Fully expect the same group of players to be used subject to tiredness and injuries. As a group / squad they have performed well the last 4 matches or so.

After a massive effort we have moved above others and now simply need to stay there. Personally hope it comes down to two from Wigan, Burton, Bristol and Wolves and we can plod on another season at this level.

Very short term thinking I know. Vital we stay up and then see what new Venky created disasters befall the club.

A win tomorrow, could drag Forest into this with us too. They are 4 points above us and we have a game in hand on them. They play Brentford at home, so could very easily drop points and therefore are potentially still in the mix. Personally I see Wigan as gone now and think it is one from 5 with Forest, Rovers, Wolves, Burton & Bristol City being the teams in danger.

Archived