BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff At Home

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Junior Hoilett, I once said he was going to be the new Franz Carr. He turned out to not even be that good. 

Carr was the subject of one of Brian Cloughs famous quotes. He said "He runs like Carl Lewis and crosses like him".

I took it from that that he regretted signing him.

Would be tempted to start Graham to try and get an advantage before we tire. Bring on Gallagher when/if it's time to chase every ball.

Otherwise same team as saturday barring injuries. Bennett to come on for Guthrie after 60 minutes if Guthrie is knackered.

Just now, Colt Seavers said:

Almost great minds thinking alike there Lewis!

Personally I'd stick with Steele. Obviously he can be dodgy but too much of a risk to throw Raya in at this stage imo.

Just now, LewisF said:

Personally I'd stick with Steele. Obviously he can be dodgy but too much of a risk to throw Raya in at this stage imo.

Absolutely if we are safe with a couple of games to go then throw in raya but this is too big of a game if we win we would be 5 clear of Bristol. 

We have always found Cardiff tricky opponent's. They are difficult to beat under Warnock. I'd expect a nil nil or 1-1 

Cardiff have some injury problems as well. Lambert will be out who I think is a dangerous player.

Tomorrow might be the time to change it a little bit just to freshen things up. The one worry I have is that big Lummox at the back for them, not that he is a defensive problem more of an attacking at set pieces problem.

Happily take another 1-0 win.

For the gamblers, how about a nice acca of Burton, Bristol, Wigan and forest - all to win? Over to you Mercerman for the odds.

24 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

The one worry I have is that big Lummox at the back for them, not that he is a defensive problem more of an attacking at set pieces problem.

Didn't he score against us for leeds last season?

Extremely difficult game this one.

We aren't the fittest, and there were some very tired bodies out there against Wigan in the latter stages, and I think a fourth intensive game in 12 days is going to catch up with us.

Additionally, Warnock will be extra fired-up for this one, therefore his team will be, as I think he feels we messed him about in the summer.

Can't see Rovers winning and I think a draw is the best we can hope for.

34 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Cardiff have some injury problems as well. Lambert will be out who I think is a dangerous player.

Tomorrow might be the time to change it a little bit just to freshen things up. The one worry I have is that big Lummox at the back for them, not that he is a defensive problem more of an attacking at set pieces problem.

Happily take another 1-0 win.

For the gamblers, how about a nice acca of Burton, Bristol, Wigan and forest - all to win? Over to you Mercerman for the odds.

Bamba? Didn't he try and fight everyone a few weeks back? Warlock said wherever he went,he would bring baba with him. He could have been our centre half 

Not a hope that acca will come in :)

5 hours ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

Hoping for a win but a draw wouldn't be disastrous. With games in hand on some rivals we need to keep accumulating points. Would love a another clean sheet. Fully expect the same group of players to be used subject to tiredness and injuries. As a group / squad they have performed well the last 4 matches or so.

After a massive effort we have moved above others and now simply need to stay there. Personally hope it comes down to two from Wigan, Burton, Bristol and Wolves and we can plod on another season at this level.

Very short term thinking I know. Vital we stay up and then see what new Venky created disasters befall the club.

It's the hope what kills us.. Along with venkys and there various silent partners 

definitely there will be some changes. thats gonna be our 3rd game for 7 days and i am sure that at leat 2 or 3 people will feel their legs heavy

id start with

steele

Nyambe Mulgrew Lenihan Williams

Bennet Akpan Lowe Feeney

Gallagher Graham

p.s. id bring Mahoney , Emnes, Conway/Gutrhie in the second half and hope that it wont be too late for us to win the game

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Junior Hoilett, I once said he was going to be the new Franz Carr. He turned out to not even be that good. 

From wiki:-

'Clough described Carr in typical idiosyncratic fashion as the best bloody corner flag hitter in the country, if only that was where the net was...his relationship with Clough soured after Clough locked Carr in the City Ground boiler room after a particularly dire performance against Oldham Athletic in 1990' :) 

Don't tell Jal but Franz is an agent now.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bamba? Didn't he try and fight everyone a few weeks back? Warlock said wherever he went,he would bring baba with him. He could have been our centre half 

Not a hope that acca will come in :)

I remember we were considering him when he was at Hibs, we had Samba at the time n I was dying to see the two power houses Samba and Bamba at the back destroying anyone who came there way. It never materialised I was devastated 

Archived