Graham

Cardiff wise;

McGregor

Halford Bamba Manga/Morrison Bennett

Hoillett Whittingham Gunarasson Noone

Pilkington

Zahore

A game to far for us, 1-0 Cardiff.

I think he's made his mind up on Mahoney.  He sees him as a super sub. I can't see him starting a game this season until we get to a position of mathematical safety. So I expect Bennett to be playing in his place.

Cardiff look a decent side with a good shape, you can see why each player is playing where they are and what they individually bring to the game.  Something that has been missing at Rovers until very recently. So we'll have our hands full tonight. If the little bit of luck we've had lately can carry on a bit longer we could win this. What worries me is our inability to play at what passes for full throttle for more than about 70 minutes. We can't allow Cardiff the last  20 minutes in our half and remain unscathed. A draw wouldn't be the end of the world.

23 minutes ago, preston blue said:

Just jumped on the train from London. 

Sat on train with a former Rovers player so will have a good chat about all things Rovers and Venkys.

Hope we get 3 pints tonight.

Three points will also do nicely.

I'm guessing Paul McKinnon?

Nope - And sorry I cannot give his name away.......except if a small fee is payable ;)

He did say he kept away when the protests were on as he did not want to get involved with the demonstrators.  Although he is not a fan of the Venkys, Oystons etc.

He had hoped to attend tonight but like me was late.

I did show him, and half the 1st Class carriage how Emnes controlled the ball and scored v Wigan.  There was some applause.

3 hours ago, booth said:

Guthrie's been like a new signing.

Said when we signed Guthrie, that he is a good player under the right manager. Whether he is here next season is another matter up for debate, but we need to secure our championship status.

Mowbray talks alot of sense, much like what Lambert did.. Its just that i hope if we stay up, that Venkys pack up and leave, and we can get in new owners that will back him in the transfer window.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Playing for a new contract ?

Or it's Norwegian name, Gamst-itis. 

Guthrie has certainly been the biggest beneficiary of Mowbray's reign so far. He was a goner under Coyle, and seems to be flourishing under a coach who believes in him. 

It certainly breeds consistency but I hope he can reassure Mahoney that his future lies with Rovers.

Although it looks like we are going to have to continue with no captain for some time to come. Thanks god there are some leaders on the pitch who can do his token job for him.

Just now, Stuart said:

All clubs use OPTA nowadays. Stats don't lie.

Stats show eight Rovers managers in a row - some good, some useless admittedly - have consistently picked Jason Lowe. 

Hard to break up a winning team but would be worried about tiredness creeping in especially in midfield as they have covered alot of ground since last Tuesday. I'm worried about this one as Cardiff are difficult to beat and we don't have the best record against them. A win would be massive but id settle for a draw 

• Backroom

I suspect it's more a case of sticking with a winning formula rather than any preference of Lowe. Plus he hasn't been that bad since Utd, although I missed Wigan.

Archived