SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff At Home

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mike E pinned this topic
9 hours ago, skous18 said:

definitely there will be some changes. thats gonna be our 3rd game for 7 days and i am sure that at leat 2 or 3 people will feel their legs heavy

id start with

steele

Nyambe Mulgrew Lenihan Williams

Bennet Akpan Lowe Feeney

Gallagher Graham

p.s. id bring Mahoney , Emnes, Conway/Gutrhie in the second half and hope that it wont be too late for us to win the game

I have never been able to understand the logic of having players on the bench who may or may not last a full game, and then bring them on to try and rescue a result. Why not have them on from the start, hopefully get into a winning position, then substitute them, if it is required. 

Just now, rigger said:

I have never been able to understand the logic of having players on the bench who may or may not last a full game, and then bring them on to try and rescue a result. Why not have them on from the start, hopefully get into a winning position, then substitute them, if it is required. 

because if you bring them when the other players are tired they can be even more effective

It works both ways, hence why Wenger was slated for not starting Sanchez at the weekend, and Klopp for not playing his strongest team to start with against Plymouth. They thought they'd play impact subs but it didn't work out. But we all know of plenty of occasions where the tactic of doing without tired players unless you need to change a game has worked. It's a gamble managers take

Love this quote from Mowbray. I think it matches what a lot of fans are thinking! 

“I’ve been here 12 days and we’ll have had three matches and one on the horizon so they keep coming.

“We’re looking to get to the international break but want to keep picking up points if we can.

“We will then take a big gulp of air, see who is fit, and then look to do some work on the training pitches that we’ve not been able to do and see where it takes us.”

Might be a step too far tonight. Really hope for results to go our way as the table could look a lot better tonight but I fear Cardiff will be up for this one. At this point I would take a 0-0!

Rovers 2 - 1 Cardiff nail biter

A huge test for us

Obviously it matters most what happens on the pitch, but how refreshing is it to have a manager that says it as it is? One of the things he's acknowledged is that we sat too deep against Wigan after going a goal up. Knowing and realising the faults, instead of sugar-coating it all, is the first step in improving yourself. It's amazing that many managers get paid for not doing this at all.

44 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Cardiff's accounts make interesting reading

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-citys-accounts-reveal-87m-12702240

The difference will be I guess Warnock will get funds in the summer Mowbray will be hunting in the bargain basement transfer lucky dip

Yep whilst we continue to cut costs on the playing squad as opposed to garnering more revenue commercially.

This needs asking why we are continually poorly performing in that discipline

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Yep whilst we continue to cut costs on the playing squad as opposed to garnering more revenue commercially.

This needs asking why we are continually poorly performing in that discipline

How would you go about improving commercial revenue? 

The club has definitely become more active on LinkedIn and Instagram over the last few months. I have seen them promote corporate packages and the likes for match days. 

Will gate receipts not always be the most lucrative avenue? I read yesterday that attends bring in 1 million per game in gate receipts. 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The club has definitely become more active on LinkedIn and Instagram over the last few months. I have seen them promote corporate packages and the likes for match days. 

Will gate receipts not always be the most lucrative avenue? I read yesterday that attends bring in 1 million per game in gate receipts. 

That'd mean (with an attendance of 10,000, an average spend of £100/fan just at Ewood! Even when I've been in corporate the highest I've spent is about £80 all-in, including the seat, dinner, programme and about 5/6 pints.

Not at rovers - Being very generous with the estimates 13000 punters at £20 is £260k per game..

If we sold out every game we'd double that and a bit - but even if we were in the prem we would struggle to get over 22k regularly.

Just now, Mike E said:

That'd mean (with an attendance of 10,000, an average spend of £100/fan just at Ewood! Even when I've been in corporate the highest I've spent is about £80 all-in, including the seat, dinner, programme and about 5/6 pints.

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Not at rovers - Being very generous with the estimates 13000 punters at £20 is £260k per game..

If we sold out every game we'd double that and a bit - but even if we were in the prem we would struggle to get over 22k regularly.

What is more lucrative for the club than potentially 250,000 every fortnight? 

Gate Receipts 1 million? £20 average ticket price at 10,000 a week is £200,000. £200,000 multiplied by 23 home games is equivalent to 4.6 million.

Look around Ewood and compare the stadium sponsors etc to previous years.

Plenty of ways around improving commercial revenue, whilst sponsors I've spoken too would come back once the Pune rats have gone.

• Backroom

A part of me actually wonders if renaming the End stands after Douglas and Clayton was merely a ruse to cover up lost advertising. Around 2/3rds of the advertising space is taken up by the Stand names.

I'd look at moving the names to the top of the stands (as other clubs do) and freeing that advertising space.

Just now, Mike E said:

A part of me actually wonders if renaming the End stands after Douglas and Clayton was merely a ruse to cover up lost advertising. Around 2/3rds of the advertising space is taken up by the Stand names.

I'd look at moving the names to the top of the stands (as other clubs do) and freeing that advertising space.

Hit the nail on the head there mate, in one!

Venkys is a toxic brand and good companies don't want to associate themselves with it.

3 hours ago, skous18 said:

because if you bring them when the other players are tired they can be even more effective

This is not always true, there may not be enough time for a substitute to effect a game, also it relies on the opposition being tired, but even late in a game that is not always the case, it depends on the fitness of the opposition. In my opinion, I would always start my strongest side.

26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Really? 1 million? What have you been reading, the Beano?

12 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Guthrie's been like a new signing.

Archived