BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff At Home

Just now, LDRover said:

It's a shame he couldn't impress a few opposition managers into paying a few quid for him.

They couldn't afford him. 

Anyhow, good luck Rovers tonight. I think we'll need it and a draw wouldn't be a bad result. 

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed I can't get there tonight - didn't think I'd be saying that just a couple of weeks ago!

Said at half time against Wigan, we needed some freshness and a spark - too many of ours were 'leggy', there was no zip about our play, and a better team than Wigan would have capitalised.

Without at least couple of changes tonight to bring some freshness in, I think we are going to struggle against what I think will be a pumped-up Cardiff.

I'd take a point right now but unfortunately think this game is going to be one too many for us.

• Backroom
Just now, jim mk2 said:

They couldn't afford him. 

Anyhow, good luck Rovers tonight. I think we'll need it and a draw wouldn't be a bad result. 

Agree there. Warnock is a canny manager in this league and I'm worrying we'll have tired legs.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I like sticking with the same team. It ensures players know that if they perform,the jersey is theirs. No tinkering. 

Looking at the Cardiff team. A nasty team with a nasty manager. 

Hopefully we do the business. Although tiredness is definitely a concern. 

Footballers play in shirts, rugby players in jerseys. 

Warnock's a very successful manager and I wish he'd been ours at the start of the season. He's a tough nut all right but I wouldn't say he was nasty, 

6 hours ago, rigger said:

This is not always true, there may not be enough time for a substitute to effect a game, also it relies on the opposition being tired, but even late in a game that is not always the case, it depends on the fitness of the opposition. In my opinion, I would always start my strongest side.

I havent said that it works all the timw. I was explaining the logic of it.

If we wiN that i think the we are stayin up

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Footballers play in shirts, rugby players in jerseys. 

Warnock's a very successful manager and I wish he'd been ours at the start of the season. He's a tough nut all right but I wouldn't say he was nasty, 

He is a nasty little git. I have heard a few players say that he says things like "break his legs!" from the touchline. 

Don't get me wrong,I would have been happy to have him here,but he is a nasty little so and so!

39 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Stats show eight Rovers managers in a row - some good, some useless admittedly - have consistently picked Jason Lowe. 

6 of those weren't really managers.

Would you pick him? Would he be your captain?

Archived