BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff At Home

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

My motm was Feeney. His runs across the front of Cardiff's defence pulled them out of position a lot today. On another day we'd have won by 2 or 3. Despite the stats on BBC, I reckon we had 5 solid chances to score but for a combo of astonishing defending and poor finishing.

Pleased with 1-1 on the night and would've taken it beforehand vs a canny manager in Warnock.

Just now, Stuart said:

As good a draw as you'll see at Ewood this season. Rovers were magnificent in the second half.

Excepting our league position, that was a game if have applauded even if we'd have lost 1-0.

More than deserved the equaliser and we go again. A point against Warnock's Cardiff was the most I'd have asked for before the game. We could have taken all three but it wasn't to be.

Mulgrew was MoM for me and Feeney did well. Whoever picks the Rovers MoM needs to start watching the game rather than picking the goalscorer.

Failing a win I would haven taken a point and more importantly a good performance any day. Sounds like we played well right to the end, how often has that happened recently ?

2 goals conceded in 4 games, that's more like it.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Failing a win I would haven taken a point and more importantly a good performance any day. Sounds like we played well right to the end, how often has that happened recently ?

Thing is, it's not just the team performance, the whole place has lifted. It's like a weight was lifted when Coyle went from the players and the fans. The early signs are that there is the beating heart of a well loved club daring to hope for the future, or at least enjoying the respite from the next awful decision. The players are probably playing for new contracts and maybe even have a reason now to want to stay (if we can afford them).

Just imagine the reaction if Venkys sold us to a genuine owner, with genuine money and genuine desire to see Rovers be competitive, if not successful. I honestly think we would be a very decent Championship club if we could have the remaining weight taken off our backs and have a club that we could all get behind. It sounds stupid but if daft old, genial old Balaji could admit past failings, hang them round the necks of agents, install an Ewood-based boardroom team and give them an annual budget - even involve the RoversTrust - then there may still be chance for him.

But we know he can't really afford it, despite appearances, and cares even less. So we will have to make do with enjoying it while it lasts. Then dealing with the fallout from the next disaster.

As long as the players play like they have this last 3 games then our attention will soon turn to the Summer...

Played very well second half.  Good early subs and plenty of momentum.  Created some good chances and lots of balls flying across the box.  Got the feeling we would never score but they kept going.  Nice to see both full backs attacking the box.  Thought Nyambe had a good game.  Really pleased with that and we deserved 3 pts.  Good  team performance so I won't mention Lowe's horrendous passing.  Oops. 

What a good performance again.

On another night we'd have won by two or three.

Our back four are looking better all the time, with Mulgrew looking real quality again.

Feeney (I can't believe I'm saying this) had another good game.

Guthrie played well but can only last 60 or so mins.

Lowe had his poorest game for a while, and Conway should not be in the starting line up.

Gallagher tries hard and tires the opposition to allow Graham a 30 min blast at the end.

Emnes was more involved, and when Mahoney and Graham came on we looked very potent.

Well done Rovers, we must be fitter than them cos we scored in the 90th minute ;)

Lowe is the worst thing about the team on that pitch tonight. He did nothing to drive us forward simply being negative or giving the ball away and creating issues for our defence.

The point is a good one and deserved, we probably did enough to win but for long periods it looked like we were never going to score it being one of those nights of hard luck.

I think the team may actually benefit from the away games to come more than anyone thinks.

• Backroom

One thing I like about Mowbray is he isn't a coward; in every game he has made bold subs, sometimes it may be foolhardy but it's better than the Coyle / Bowyer way of waiting till 72 minutes before making like for like changes 

34 minutes ago, preston blue said:

The usual Fulham meeting point is The 8 Bells by Putney Bridge Station.

Cheers mate! Are there generally a fair few Rovers there? I tend to head straight to the stadium but will be happy to arrive before and chill a little with some Rovers fans. 

It's actually enjoyable to attend Ewood week in week out, didn't think I'd be saying that this season!

There is a real belief we can avoid the drop and if we continue to perform like we did tonight there is no reason why we can't. 

Just a shame results didn't go our way tonight.

Let's keep up this Mowbray momentum!

I'd like to see Feeney and Mahoney on the wings. They can also switch like Feeney and Conway did tonight.

Williams had a very poor game IMO; perhaps a better second half and got MOM for scoring the goal.

I'm so pleased we got the point we deserved because it looked like the ball wasn't destined to go into the net.

Came from behind! How long since we did that. 8 out of 12. Who'da thought.

Very Good performance today from the players.

We at least deserve a point. Probably had enough shots to win the game.

Mowbray has brought in such a good attacking movement style of play today. The movement was very good and Nyambe and Williams both getting forward and in the box aswell. Very proactive Subs make and early in the second half

Nyambe, Lenihan and Mulgrew was good but Feeney had his best game in a Rovers shirt

The fans are right behind the players and the manager. so a good feeling around the ground and among the fans. Fans never gave up and back the players all the way

Warnock set us team up very well and man mark our players even if they move from the wing to in field. Good management from Him but we deserved at least point.

Tony Mowbray's Blue and White Army!!!:brfc:

A fully deserved point (at least). Second half was attack after attack, I would have applauded them off even if they hadn't equalised.... 

A sign of the new mentality... with a minute or so to go having just equalised, Steele is rushing to launch a goal kick in search of a winner. I've seen him take more time when we are losing. he wasn't settling for a point and was pushing for a winner.. 

Lowe is absolutely atrocious. Akpan is a similar type of player, but better in every way. That tells you how bad Lowe is. I don't think it will take Mowbray long to suss this out and banish Lowe to the stiffs. 

Gallagher and Emnes doesn't work. Neither is a target man and Graham (when he can be bothered) gives us better shape. I wonder what is going on with Stokes? 

Mahoney has to start next time in place of Conway. 

Really good second half, thoroughly enjoyable! Love watching Rovers at the moment!

Had a busy evening and couldn't even manage to listen on the radio.

Score apps kept me going. Was similar to how I used to watch a game on  Ceefax as a child.

A tremendously  joyous cheer when I saw we'd equalised. It's been a while since I felt those feelings. 

Things are looking up. 

7 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Lowe is the worst thing about the team on that pitch tonight. He did nothing to drive us forward simply being negative or giving the ball away and creating issues for our defence.

The point is a good one and deserved, we probably did enough to win but for long periods it looked like we were never going to score it being one of those nights of hard luck.

I think the team may actually benefit from the away games to come more than anyone thinks.

The one thing he did do to allow forward momentum was to drop into the back 4 and cover Nyambe bombing forward.

Feeney had a good game except yet again he did not track back and cover Williams going forward leaving Guthrie with 3 players to deal with in the build up to the goal. I suspect Cardiff's goal would not have happened if Conway and Feeney hadn't swapped wings.

Archived