BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff At Home

at least Tony Mowbray has a pair of balls to make changes when needed. If this was Coyle, he would not know who to bring on, or he will bring on all the wrong players, like Wes Brown with 10 mins to go when we are 1-0 down

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, preston blue said:

The usual Fulham meeting point is The 8 Bells by Putney Bridge Station.

there are also a couple of pubs down the road to the right of the 8 bells a few hundred yards. The last time I went you could not take your drinks outside at the bells so it was very crowded inside.

24 minutes ago, rigger said:

there are also a couple of pubs down the road to the right of the 8 bells a few hundred yards. The last time I went you could not take your drinks outside at the bells so it was very crowded inside.

I could book myself a meeting in London also, I like Fulhams ground too. What time are people meeting up?

8 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Lowe is absolutely atrocious. Akpan is a similar type of player, but better in every way. That tells you how bad Lowe is. I don't think it will take Mowbray long to suss this out and banish Lowe to the stiffs. 

Gallagher and Emnes doesn't work. Neither is a target man and Graham (when he can be bothered) gives us better shape. I wonder what is going on with Stokes? 

Mahoney has to start next time in place of Conway. 

Really good second half, thoroughly enjoyable! Love watching Rovers at the moment!

Graham hasnt looked fit so give why Mowbray bench him. 

Stokes has been out of favour for months now. We have 5 strikers so only likely to name 2 on bench with 2 starting. 

You are right, second half were really enjoyable and very good passing and movement from us

Sounds like under Mowbray effort is no longer lacking. That's all I ask really, for the 11, or 14 these days, out there to come off having giving everything. Good to hear we didn't run out of gas late on. Carry on like that and we'll have a good chance of pulling clear. Other teams will be fighting for their lives also so this upturn in our fortunes is only just in time.

For the guys who went. If we'd have played another ten minutes could we have won it ?

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sounds like under Mowbray effort is no longer lacking. That's all I ask really, for the 11, or 14 these days, out there to come off having giving everything. Good to hear we didn't run out of gas late on. Carry on like that and we'll have a good chance of pulling clear. Other teams will be fighting for their lives also so this upturn in our fortunes is only just in time.

For the guys who went. If we'd have played another ten minutes could we have won it ?

Possible as at that point in the 2nd half we had them on the rack but in all honesty a draw seemed a fair result as they had a decent spell in the first half were we was under pressure and both sides hit the woodwork 

All in all a very enjoyable game and plenty of commitment shown by the players 

I think we'll just about stay up play like that at home and pick up a few points away we should be about all right 

One observation on Mowbray when things went wrong on the pitch he put his head in his hands hope he's not thinking has he bit of a bit more than he can chew. No matter how much work you do on the training grounds the players have to carry it out on the pitch.. The manager or head coach can't do anything about that.. 

I'd been visiting a friend in Leicester and didn't get home till well into the first half of the game which I kind-of followed on Radio 5 - I'm just too far away to hear Radio Lancashire reliably.  Mark Clemmit said that our equaliser was one of the most important goals of the night because of the scores in the games involving teams near us.

For me, an end-of-season place of 21st on goal difference will do.

Just now, m1st said:

I'd been visiting a friend in Leicester and didn't get home till well into the first half of the game which I kind-of followed on Radio 5 - I'm just too far away to hear Radio Lancashire reliably.  Mark Clemmit said that our equaliser was one of the most important goals of the night because of the scores in the games involving teams near us.

For me, an end-of-season place of 21st on goal difference will do.

Spot on. With the way results went last night especially with Wigan winning and Bristol getting a draw we could have been pegged back.  I was only able to follow last 20 mines. One point I noted was our possession & number of shots we had. Great to dig out a draw. This is a game we would have lost a month ago. Well done lads 

12 hours ago, Stuart said:

Mulgrew was MoM for me and Feeney did well. Whoever picks the Rovers MoM needs to start watching the game rather than picking the goalscorer.

I'd agree with Mulgrew playing well but I thought the whole back four were excellent last night and I had Williams down as a possible MOM before his goal. Feeney also had another excellent game although he was less effective on the left after Mahoney came on, as he can't trust his weaker left foot to cross.

Just now, only2garners said:

I'd agree with Mulgrew playing well but I thought the whole back four were excellent last night and I had Williams down as a possible MOM before his goal. Feeney also had another excellent game although he was less effective on the left after Mahoney came on, as he can't trust his weaker left foot to cross.

I can't weigh that up. We bring a left footed player on and play him on the right wing, at the same time as putting a right footer out on the left. Some aspects of modern football leave me baffled !

9 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I thought Williams was poor for their goal. Didn't get tight enough and made a weak attempt at a header as the cross came in. It appeared as if he was gassed after running up the field to support an attack. 

Great finish for his goal

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't weigh that up. We bring a left footed player on and play him on the right wing, at the same time as putting a right footer out on the left. Some aspects of modern football leave me baffled !

And yet, Mahoney was taking corners with his right foot. So he must be capable.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

If, as it appears to be, Mahoney has a good right foot and a magical 'wand' of a left foot then I would play him left side every time.

Me too. I suppose the theory is having the wingers coming inside leaves room for the full backs to get outside but how many goals come from our full backs. Last night was the first I can recall this season.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Me too. I suppose the theory is having the wingers coming inside leaves room for the full backs to get outside but how many goals come from our full backs. Last night was the first I can recall this season.

I still like out swinging crosses coming from as near to the line as possible. If cutting in from the wing a low cut back cross or pass is deadly too.

Crossing from full backs is often too far down the field and becomes just a punt into the box.

55 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I thought Williams was poor for their goal. Didn't get tight enough and made a weak attempt at a header as the cross came in. It appeared as if he was gassed after running up the field to support an attack. 

Great finish for his goal

I only saw the highlights but yer I thought his attempt at closing down the cross was poor.

Made up for it with the goal I guess.

Archived