BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who should replace TM?

neophox

Tony is literally being hung by his own rope. He made the remarks about expecting to be sacked without promotion and about how he's not much of a coach if he doesn't. It's quickly becoming the case that his own honesty is putting his job in jeopardy.

If Tony gets sacked it will be the first time I've been truly sad for a Rovers manager, as a professional and as a person. I think Tony Mowbray is a great 'football guy' and whilst he's no great shakes as a coach I'd move heaven and high earth to have a man like that with some sort of executive role at this club. You can see he cares passionately and you can see he clearly knows what he's talking about. I can't see it happening though.

I honestly don't think TM is tactically astute enough to be a successful manager. I think he rode a wave with West Brom and then has struggled ever since. Even if he gets us promoted this season I can see him being sacked the following season. He won't last long here and that's a damn shame because he's the first man with integrity to pass through these doors in a lot of years.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

After much deliberation and the frustration of Tuesday having somewhat passed. I think we should stick with him. Rome wasn't built in a day and we are practically building from zip again 

I'd give him the next 8 games to get back on track if he isn't then roll the dice.

I know we could get someone who doesn't improve but at the moment we aren't going to finish top 2 and playoffs is looking less n less. After 20 games we need to be on 40 points.

16 hours ago, scotchrover said:

Look at the managers we’ve had which have had no experience of the league we’ve been in though:

Kean- disaster 

Appleton- shambles

Berg- abysmal 

Bowyer- did okay

Kidd- dreadful

Hughes- excellent, but he’d already managed Wales

The cherry on the top though, who had the 2 things you stated as a must above (youth and some success): 

Ince- absolute disaster

Experience, experience, experience is all that those planks in India should look for, based on... experience of their dreadful reign here.  

And yet Appleton is now Manager (Acting) of Leicester City! Makes you think eh?

33 minutes ago, NinjaTattoo said:

I'd give him the next 8 games to get back on track if he isn't then roll the dice.

I know we could get someone who doesn't improve but at the moment we aren't going to finish top 2 and playoffs is looking less n less. After 20 games we need to be on 40 points.

So it'd be 20 points from 8 games it's more than doable but not much room for error we'd need 7 wins or 6 wins and two draws.. In all honesty this current side won't come near achieving that

13 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Which is to accept where we are, accept our dumbing down and hope that tinkerman can run the club single handedly while trying out Barca tactics. How simple is it that he bought the players, he trains them, coaches them, motivates them and then selects them for the team in the (latest) formation that he chooses? Nuttall scores for fun in the u23s but he would rather have Super Gladwin on the bench and bring him on - to justify wasting money on him perhaps?  

He is not getting the results required of HIS OWN TARGETS. All of our defeats and poor performances have been against the lower quarters in this league. We have not even played the Wigans and Fleetwoods (sigh to imagine them as competition) yet. We are talking the dam Oldhams of this division. If we cannot beat that lot at home after the shambles of last weekend - might as well just pack up and leave right now. 

You seem to think that everything boils down to what happens on the pitch, when we all know the reason we're in the 3rd division is because of disastrous decisions off it!

Tuesday nights game was the most one sided game I've seen since we played Crewe at home and had 30 shots I think it was! and the reaction on here was predictably completely disproportionate to the performance.

This site is full of posters than think we have a divine right to win every game, it was the same in the championship, and will remain the same until poster realize we're no longer the team that Jack built, we're not even a proper club anymore, and we never will be until those rats in Pune desert the sinking ship.

43 minutes ago, Athlete said:

So it'd be 20 points from 8 games it's more than doable but not much room for error we'd need 7 wins or 6 wins and two draws.. In all honesty this current side won't come near achieving that

I know that,,, but if TM wants to hit the target he set out for himself and the team we need 2pts per game av. Anything less then its playoffs and  I really wouldnt fancy us in a make or break game(s) at the end of the season.

32 minutes ago, Gav said:

This site is full of posters than think we have a divine right to win every game, it was the same in the championship, and will remain the same until poster realize we're no longer the team that Jack built, we're not even a proper club anymore, and we never will be until those rats in Pune desert the sinking ship.

We don't have the divine right for anything. If all honesty we deserve to drop again - admin- bust The last 7 yrs we have fallen so hard and its all deserved by the loons in charge. I would have taken relegation from the prem if it meant chicken farmers selling up . I'd take relegation from championship , Id take relegation from lge 1 ...lge 2 admin anything to get rid so no we don't have the right to anything but if this is our true level set out by the owners and the circus there must come a time when we have to stop free falling. TM spending what he did and being backed ( in terms of a budget from robbing peter to pay paul). TM set the goals either it being his personal goals or the goals set out by those in charge so for now thats our bar. We are falling very short of hitting that bar. Id prefer TM to say we will struggle in this lge whilst we rebuild etc I'd rather have that expectation and honesty than being fed @#/? about walking the league and only a top 2 finish is the minimum required. TM needs to walk the talk.

1 hour ago, NinjaTattoo said:

I know that,,, but if TM wants to hit the target he set out for himself and the team we need 2pts per game av. Anything less then its playoffs and  I really wouldnt fancy us in a make or break game(s) at the end of the season.

agred if TM wants to achieve his target that's what he has to do....Can it be done highly unlikely as it stands..

Honestly don't know what to think anymore.  Attitude, mindset all wrong with this team. I imagine we may have enough over the season to sneak into the playoffs despite Mowbray not because of him, because we have better players than the majority of this division, but we're so far adrift of the top 2 now that playoffs has to be the aim now I think. I have zero confidence if we did get rid of him who we'd bring in that was better. So it's stick with him I suppose :wacko: #confused 

9 hours ago, NinjaTattoo said:

We don't have the divine right for anything. If all honesty we deserve to drop again - admin- bust The last 7 yrs we have fallen so hard and its all deserved by the loons in charge. I would have taken relegation from the prem if it meant chicken farmers selling up . I'd take relegation from championship , Id take relegation from lge 1 ...lge 2 admin anything to get rid so no we don't have the right to anything but if this is our true level set out by the owners and the circus there must come a time when we have to stop free falling. TM spending what he did and being backed ( in terms of a budget from robbing peter to pay paul). TM set the goals either it being his personal goals or the goals set out by those in charge so for now thats our bar. We are falling very short of hitting that bar. Id prefer TM to say we will struggle in this lge whilst we rebuild etc I'd rather have that expectation and honesty than being fed @#/? about walking the league and only a top 2 finish is the minimum required. TM needs to walk the talk.

it could have course be that TM is not able to pick the team freely. We've had contract considerations impeding selection virtually since the Raos took over.

Not promoting youth has been a consistent theme and has cost us Mahoney for a start. If true, TM should walk because failure is guaranteed if the manager hasn't a free hand.

9 minutes ago, 47er said:

it could have course be that TM is not able to pick the team freely. We've had contract considerations impeding selection virtually since the Raos took over.

Not promoting youth has been a consistent theme and has cost us Mahoney for a start. If true, TM should walk because failure is guaranteed if the manager hasn't a free hand.

The youth aren't getting a go because there aren't deemed good enough YET, not saying or suggesting I agree with that I'm not in a position to judge whether they should or shouldn't start but it's plausible to believe that that is the reason & no other agendas, TM is already under pressure in certain quarters with some fans over recent results why would he risk throwing in somebody he believes isn't ready damned if you do damned if you don't. Listening on RL pre Plymouth there even said JN isn't quite ready to feature.

Just now, Bluebarley said:

The youth aren't getting a go because there aren't deemed good enough YET, not saying or suggesting I agree with that I'm not in a position to judge whether they should or shouldn't start but it's plausible to believe that that is the reason & no other agendas, TM is already under pressure in certain quarters with some fans over recent results why would he risk throwing in somebody he believes isn't ready damned if you do damned if you don't. Listening on RL pre Plymouth there even said JN isn't quite ready to feature.

We won't know if they are good enough if they never get a chance. All I know is, those deemed to be good enough are not.

Archived