BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Messageboard not reacting to cursor clicks

bazza

Question

I can read a page of a topic but to go to the next page (click on NEXT) does nothing.

"Go to topic listing" also doesn't work. There is a tab on the right labelled "privacy" which I have opened and agreed but it is still there.

I have a Mac book and recently upgraded to  Mac OS Monterey. I've shut down and restarted but to no avail.

Help!

At last Safari seems to have sorted itself out. I now get the Ads and can see and use the X in the corner. I have also cleared the Quote reply. Things back to normal.

Thanks to Herbie and Stubbs for your efforts.

I did try Chrome which showed the site in a completely different format and there was no problem there.

Thanks again

bazza

On 29/11/2021 at 19:29, bazza said:

At last Safari seems to have sorted itself out. I now get the Ads and can see and use the X in the corner. I have also cleared the Quote reply. Things back to normal.

Thanks to Herbie and Stubbs for your efforts.

I did try Chrome which showed the site in a completely different format and there was no problem there.

Thanks again

bazza

I'm back to having problems. Same thing, almost. I have the ads at the bottom of the screen but there is no X to clear them. Hence I cannot clear the advert and so cannot click "Quote" or remove the "Quote"

This has happened since my Mac was automatically updated. Help please.

26 minutes ago, bazza said:

I'm back to having problems. Same thing, almost. I have the ads at the bottom of the screen but there is no X to clear them. Hence I cannot clear the advert and so cannot click "Quote" or remove the "Quote"

SOS to @StubbsUK !

2 hours ago, bazza said:

Anticipating that @StubbsUKwill doubtless ask… 

1. Just Safari…or same on Chrome ?

2. Only since you updated to Monterey ?

3. Have you cleared cache etc & so on ?

4. Please could you attach screengrabs 

Ta 👍🏻

1 hour ago, bazza said:

Same on Chrome as on Safari.

Safari version is now 16.0  Not emptied any cache.........too complicated for me.

Last time it seemed to sort itself out but I cannot understand why it's the same on Chrome.

1. FYI - Cache clearing guide

https://oit.colorado.edu/tutorial/clear-web-browser-cache-safari

2. Please could you attach screengrabs of examples ?