BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Formula 1

2 hours ago, Silas said:

You were not wrong Chaddy.

Not even at halfway point yet either. 

I thought it would be dull today. 

Very good grand prix. Shame that Russell, Norris and Hamilton couldn't finish higher up tbh. 

But good win for Perez

• Like 1

You lot are easily pleased,i thought the rain made it more interesting but it was still not great.I've never been a fan of street circuits,most of them are a too small width for proper overtaking,much prefer races on a track.

Edited by Darrenbot

• Backroom
39 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

I've never been a fan of street circuits,most of them are a too small width for proper overtaking,much prefer races on a track.

You're in luck then, because that was the last Monaco race of the contract, and rumours are it may not be renewed.

In terms of easily pleased, the race yesterday had a rain delay, all sorts of weather/tyre drama, a crashed car cut in half, the pole position (and season favourite) dropped to 4th position, and a win for a team's second driver.... only his 3rd F1 win in a decade of racing (in which time he's been made to give up 1st position on many occasions).

I'd say as Monaco Grand Prix's go, that was all fairly entertaining. 

It's almost like some people are tough to please. 🤷‍♂️

Fully accept your point about the faster tracks with more overtaking spots though. 

P.S. Carlos Sainz's back end control on a damp, puddly track on the straight at about 100mph was a highlight. Get that slightly wrong and you're in a mangled wreck surrounded by barrier:

• 2 weeks later...

It was amusing at first but the porpoising causing regulations really need looking at by the FIA. It’s hard to watch sometimes and there’s been plenty of studies on the impact of micro concussions on long term health in the NFL which this porpoising will 100% cause if not looked at. The Mercedes, McLaren and Ferrari all struggling massively this weekend and deciding to live with it due to the impact on performance if they ride the cars any higher. It’s not safe and an accident waiting to happen tomorrow IMO.

Not only that Chaddy, a load of their customers had engine/hydraulic failures. This'll bite Leclerc in the arse later, with the engine limits. As someone who grew up watching Mansell and Hill at Williams, I hope they can afford to drop Latifi. He's been dreadful and will cost them in repairs over the course of the season. Bring in Piastri, or a young driver for the rest of the season, then forge some ties with Red Bull or VW when the Mercedes engine contract s up.

On 12/06/2022 at 21:00, Norbert Rassragr said:

Not only that Chaddy, a load of their customers had engine/hydraulic failures. This'll bite Leclerc in the arse later, with the engine limits. As someone who grew up watching Mansell and Hill at Williams, I hope they can afford to drop Latifi. He's been dreadful and will cost them in repairs over the course of the season. Bring in Piastri, or a young driver for the rest of the season, then forge some ties with Red Bull or VW when the Mercedes engine contract s up.

Looks like you'll get your wish! Piastri looking to replace Latifi before summer break.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

What did Stewart say? I caught the gist of the other two being idiots.

Not really as bad as the other 2,just basically said its time for Lewis to retire and do other things,he's never had anything good to say about Hamilton.

Lewis may have one kind of Ivanisovich moment and win that 8th title, but it is looking like he is one the downhill slope. There are too many other young drivers on the grid gobbling up the points as well as Verstappen and Leclerc right now for him to be up there with consistent podiums. Maybe he can flounce around the Met Gala once his contract is up, but I feel he has one more fight in him.

With all the IT available these days why can't they do a restart, the second one, with everyone keeping their times and positions from when the incident first affected the race.

I'm not a fan of the race to the flag approach, basically a new short race with previous credit binned. And no nipping into the pits for a crafty one.

Great TV though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very good Italian Grand Prix with plenty of good racing. 

George Russell is very good all round racing driver. Very consistence and reliable driver. If Mercedes can get a better all-round car(more straight line speed) for the 2023 season than I think both can challenge for World title.