BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Emile Heskey of the Rovers

8 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I remember at one point where Jansen was undeservedly being left out of the England squad the reasoning was that he'd only scored one league goal at that point in the season. This was totally ignoring the fact that he was doing everything but score in most games.

Hesky however was an immediate pick despite only scoring one league goal at that point in the season and was playing like the donkey he was week in week out. He may have got 64 caps for England but there is no way he deserved to get that many.

I think Heskey was very underrated.  He was like the fall guy to Micheal Owen. The one who did all the work

• Like 3

On 28/03/2023 at 08:22, MarkBRFC said:

Considering Heskey was only 16 at the time we definitely would have still signed Sutton.

Heskey would have been in view to replacing either one of the SAS in a few years if they moved on.

Sutton would still have signed. Heskey would have been in the youth team. As well as Shearer, Rovers still had Mike Newell and Kevin Gallacher. Dalglish even played Ian Pearce up front now and again. 

A mate of mine played against Heskey at YTS level, he said that he was an absolute handful.

• Like 1

I too remember the 4-2 game at Ewood. He was one of the few centre forwards that gave Colin Hendry the run around.

I think Martin O'Neill when manager of Leicester took the edge of him. After he took over when a defender went near him he went down to win set pieces. He definitely never fulfilled his potential but was still a good forward who on his day was hard to handle.

• Like 1