BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys to sell Rovers

Great news

I'm hearing on the grapevine that Rovers owners Venkys are close to a deal to sell the club. Talks have been ongoing for several months and an agreement was finalised this week with an announcement scheduled for Monday morning. The deal includes all the debt and the chicken farming conglomerate will cut all ties with the club after more than 12 tumultuous years.

The possible bad news

The buyers for Rovers are Butterball, one of America’s most iconic brands and best known for its turkeys and turkey products, which it sells around the world. Butterball is headquartered in the  Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area.

Butterball, led by CEO Kerry Doughty who has connections in the area Lancashire going back to the 1850s, are said to keen to follow other US corporate investors into the English football market and see Rovers as the ideal club to further their ambitions. 

So there it is. That's all I know and while many Rovers fans will be greatly relieved to see the departure of the Indian owners there will be some trepidation at the prospect of another unknown foreign buyer taking over. I would say however that the information comes from a reliable sauce

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Great news

I'm hearing on the grapevine that Rovers owners Venkys are close to a deal to sell the club. Talks have been ongoing for several months and an agreement was finalised this week with an announcement scheduled for Monday morning. The deal includes all the debt and the chicken farming conglomerate will cut all ties with the club after more than 12 tumultuous years.

The possible bad news

The buyers for Rovers are Butterball, one of America’s most iconic brands and best known for its turkeys and turkey products, which it sells around the world. Butterball is headquartered in the  Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area.

Butterball, led by CEO Kerry Doughty who has connections in the area Lancashire going back to the 1850s, are said to keen to follow other US corporate investors into the English football market and see Rovers as the ideal club to further their ambitions. 

So there it is. That's all I know and while many Rovers fans will be greatly relieved to see the departure of the Indian owners there will be some trepidation at the prospect of another unknown foreign buyer taking over. I would say however that the information comes from a reliable sauce

Kerry Doughty passed away in 2020

• K-Hod locked this topic