BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Starting 11 for Thursday?

Eddie

The question has to be do we go back to our "best 11" or do we keep players like Egil playing because he has had a good game. For me Matty has to play! He is quality. If Duff can play at least 70-75 minutes then he should play. Though I would leave Cole on the bench and keep Yorkie up front. Other than that we should remain unchanged...unless there are injuries...Blackburn Rovers 4-2 Glasgow Celtic...(home leg Blackburn Rovers 3-1 Glasgow Celtic)

Would be very unfait to drop Egil, he was superb against newcastle and again against Arsenal. Although Cole is back, I feel Yorke and Ostenstad have played better together than Yorke and Cole. So I would go with.

Friedal

Neill, Taylor, Berg, Johansson

Thompson, Dunn, Flitcroft, Duff

Yorke, Ostenstad.

Subs

Kelly, Short, Gillespie, Tugay, Jansen, Curtis, Cole. ( I am right in thinking we have 7 subs in Europe arent I?)

:D

I agree that Egil is playin well with yorke so this is it for me

Play either Matty or Duff in a free role!

Full backs have been poor so why not try it

FREIDEL

NEILL            TAYLOR         BERG

THOMO    DUNN   FLITCROFT    DUFF

JANSEN

EGIL         YORKE

having gone to the match on saturday, i would say that the only change has to be to bring duff in on the left hand side for dunn.  i'd then drop flitty and play dunn and tugay in the midde with thompson on the right

FRIEDEL

NEILL          BERG        TINY           JOHANNSON

THOMPSON  TUGAY      DUNN          DUFF

EGIL         YORKE

SUBS: FLITTY, GILLESPIE, KELLY, COLE, JANSEN

cole and yorke do not work hard enough to play together, and if dunn goes walkabout (which he does have a tendency to do in games now and again) i'd have him straight off for flitcroft

We shud give Duffy or matty a free role!!

ANY1 WANT tickets for Parkhead

Celtic areas only but still available

0141 551 8653

Why dont the blues take all the home areas up too!!

What ham or Turkey?

Starting 11

Friedal

Curtis Tiny Short Neill

Thomo Dunn Flitcroft Duff

Jansen Cole

However as Duff,  Cole and Jansen wont be fit to start

id say Thomo to the left and Gillespie on the right with York and Egil up front, maybe even Grabbi with Yorke.

No, and i would stop advertising tickets if i was you. Unfortunately i couldnt get tickets so ive had to cancel my flights and hotel, however it does mean that I can go to the very exciting course i was going to be able to skive out of with a trip to Glasgow  :sarc:

on current form I'd go with:

brad

tiny  berg short neil

thompson flitcroft tugay duff

cole yorke

subs - dunn, egil, jansen, johansen, kelly

What??  How does Cole get a place over Egil on current form then?

I'd go with

Freidal

Tiny

Berg

Short

Neill

Dunn

Flitcroft

Tugay

Thompson

Yorke

Egil

Subs Jansen, Johansson, Cole (if fit) if not grabbi, Duff (if fit) if not hignett, Kelly

having gone to the match on saturday, i would say that the only change has to be to bring duff in on the left hand side for dunn.  i'd then drop flitty and play dunn and tugay in the midde with thompson on the right

FRIEDEL

NEILL          BERG        TINY           JOHANNSON

THOMPSON  TUGAY      DUNN          DUFF

EGIL         YORKE

SUBS: FLITTY, GILLESPIE, KELLY, COLE, JANSEN

cole and yorke do not work hard enough to play together, and if dunn goes walkabout (which he does have a tendency to do in games now and again) i'd have him straight off for flitcroft

you think dunn should be in the starting line up after saturdays performance? He was the worst player on the pitch in the first half. I think he touched it about 5 times if that.

Also  - as well as ostenstad is doing, you cannot mention him in the same breath as cole. Cole is miles ahead and should  go straight back into the side.

Tugay will also be fired up for this one so i'd have him the starting XI

Finally - it really isn't the time to start messing with our formation - especially against strikers as good as larson and sutton

Why stop advertising them??

its official celtic ticketline number!

Iv just been warned off admin or summet for it!

are tickets still  available, or is this a windup?

There has been no announcement of extra tickets for Rovers fans.That is, tickets in designated areas for away supporters.

Friedal

Curtis Tiny Short Neill

Thomo Dunn Flitcroft Duff

Jansen Cole

Spot on for me as well. Ok Egil has done well but he isa stop gap solution and no more, Cole and Jansen should always play whenever they are available.

Tiny and Short are easily our best two centre backs, and with Neill having showed he can play left back, Curtis is the obvious right back choice.

Although I can see the arguement for including Tugay, for me, as much as it pains me to say it, we look a lot more solid when we play Flitcroft in the middle instead. I think we could use someone who will upset the Celtic rhythm, a la Sparky at the Worthy Cup Final.

Back to Egil, I believe he is a valuable player when we need someone to hold up the ball to allow the other players to catch up. He allows us to by pass the midfield and to get the ball straight out of danger and up to the forwards. However, with the prospect of Dunn, Duff and Thommo all playing, I think by passing the midfield would be criminal. I think we will play plenty of balls into feet or into the paths of the strikers to allow them to get their shots away quickly, and for that purpose, Cole and Jansen are infinitely better choices.

starting 11

friedel

neill      short      taylor    nils

tommo   dunn   flitcroft  duff (fit?)

tugay              tommo

cole(fit?)             jansen  (fit?)

egil                     yorke

It is hard to drop egil and dwight after 2 great wins but if the 3 players in doubt are available to start i feel we have to go with them, may not be at their fittest but have the abilities to get us a vital away goal, and maybe even go on and win this leg.

Nils maybe making mistakes, but i feel that it could be even more costly making rash changes, when we have a settled 4, i know we are still conceding goals, but im not over keen on taylor at r/b or curtis after his alledged poor performances in the reserves.

(tugay4england @ Oct. 29 2002, 12:54)

Although I can see the arguement for including Tugay, for me, as much as it pains me to say it, we look a lot more solid when we play Flitcroft in the middle instead. I think we could use someone who will upset the Celtic rhythm, a la Sparky at the Worthy Cup Final.

like the post tugay4england, not playing a player that you really like in favour of the teams chances, although I would definately have him in the lineup if we were going 4-5-1.

brad

tiny       berg       short       neill

thompson   flitty   tugay     duff

egil      yorke

picked on current form. big game experience at cente backs where we will be under huge pressure mentally and physically.

they are scared of duff so start him if fit. tugay will be up for this one hence dunn on the bench.

egil holds the ball up well for the on form yorke - i really cannot believe i have ever picked egil!!! but he deserves to start. scare them with cole and matty to come on when everyone tired last 20-30 mins.

i think we can get a result thursday and finish them off at ewood  :rover:

i'm on hold to get tickets in the celtic end.

jim - looks like we'll need a prayer said for both of us

You'd better put on your best Scottish accent Andy.

Hoots mon!! etc etc

I hope some of you recall your complaints about segregation at Ewood Park ie Man City a couple of years back.

PS non moderation mode.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.