BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Let Down

Soueys Bluey

Matty's gone lads, time to face it, he still has the physical ability but his footballing intelligence is no more. Very sad and I wish the lad all the best in the rest of his career but I can't see him deserving a place at Ewood for the forseeable future.

Doctor or not, I find your long-distance diagnosis both premature and ill-informed.  Unless you're actually on the club's medical staff ?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matty's gone lads, time to face it, he still has the physical ability but his footballing intelligence is no more. Very sad and I wish the lad all the best in the rest of his career but I can't see him deserving a place at Ewood for the forseeable future.

How can anybody say that he is gone on the evidence of what 4 games ?

I think its a long road back to fitness - Matt and Souness have said as much.  He needs games, and plenty of them, and possibly a loan move to a team like Blackpool might help him out.

I think its a long road back to fitness - Matt and Souness have said as much.  He needs games, and plenty of them, and possibly a loan move to a team like Blackpool might help him out.

Sorry Ste, buts theres something not quite right.

I was seriously worried when I saw him come on as a sub vs Newcastle.

I hope he makes it back but Im concerned for the lad.

RUBBER DINGHY MEN!!!!!

Lucas Niell ought to be made to watch the video of the game last night, and contrast his performance with that of Agathe. He may learn how to play the position of right back. Or even better, drop him and bring in Curtis.

Last night again showed how much we miss Flitcroft and indeed Berg, if only for their leadership qualities.

I also believe (and I never thought I would say this) Ostenstatd should start on Sunday as we have looked far more potent with him!

Good luck to Celtic, but I don't think this tie should be used as a barometer of whether they should play in the Premier league. If that were the case then Leicester would still be in the league after humiliating us last season.

Of course theres something not quite right, he's come back from a life threatening injury.   Its going to take time thats the issue, writing him off after less than 200 minutes on the pitch is not the answer.

Managers come and go; players come and go; board members come and go; but what remains depressingly consistent over the years is Rovers ability to alienate potential supporters when exposed to the national media. It was noticable to me yesterday in the office where I work (not in B'burn) that most neutrals were Blackburn sympathisers and talked in terms of how 'WE' would do tonight. Today all the talk was of how embarrasing 'YOU' were last night. It's only a small point but nevertheless once again the Rovers have missed an opportunity. I hope that the club maximised it's financial potential from last nights fixture because it looks like for the immediate future we are stuck with the fans we already have.

Celtic are crap. They will lose every single game if they play in the premiership, and I hope they get hammered next round.

We let down England. We lost the Battle of Britain. I just feel so sorry for Souness, to lose against Celtic.

IF CELTIC ARE SO CRAP WHY DID WE BEAT USE I THOUGHT WE PALYED VERY WELL LAST NIGHT ,AND USE WERE THE BAD TEAM FOR A CHANGE ..BUT NOT TO WORRY .USE WILL NEVER

FORGET A NMAE LIKE GLASGOW CELTIC

BAD SPORTSMANSHIP :laugh:

MR BLUE & WHITE YOUR A NUGGET

I really really hope Matty does come back like before, but it is my opinion that he won't, he has had an incredibly severe injury, it is absolutely amazeing that he can even kick a ball and I adore him more then ever for what he has been through. But I feel that the lad is permanently damaged and is risking doing himself more harm by continuing to play. Again I hope he proves me wrong, model player, some of the others could learn a thing or two from him about attitude.

Of course theres something not quite right, he's come back from a life threatening injury.   Its going to take time thats the issue, writing him off after less than 200 minutes on the pitch is not the answer.

From a medical point of view Im afraid he wont make it back.

Thats what Im trying to say.

Something about him doesn't seem quite right.

is there no way we can ban idiots like tim.  it was bad enough having to stare at their unwashed faces for 180 minutes over the last fortnight, never mind on our board as well.

im not talking about a complete celtic ban as it has been good to get opinions from the other side of the fence, but i have no time for people who want to rub our noses in it with poor grammer ???  and spellin that aint too good  :sleep:

ban me then bawbag  ,don,t like some of your smart comments

i read most of your postings and yes give a man like larsson the ball ,takes 2 chances &

scores  2 goals

don,t put a player down before u see him play ,cause he will break your hearts

What a poor, poor showing by rovers last night, just how are celtic and rangers are meant to progress when they are forced to play mediocre sides who run on an arrogance that defies belief.

I hope you all enjoyed your short venture into europe, if you keep the red and yellow cards to a minimum you may get in through the fair play scheme next year.

to quote Sourpuss " it was men against bhoys last night"

G x

Celtic are crap. They will lose every single game if they play in the premiership, and I hope they get hammered next round.

We let down England. We lost the Battle of Britain. I just feel so sorry for Souness, to lose against Celtic.  :(

Johansson must never play for this team again. I don't care if he was unlucky, this is the UEFA cup, you can't just slip like a idiot.

York and Cole were also crap today, Thompson and Duff were good, Friedel was suprisingly bad, and Dunn never even touched the ball.

But we overall didn't have a bad game, created lots of chances, missed every single one. The players need to learn to hit the target, because we've scored only 1 (pathetic) goal in our last 4 games.

Were you watching the same match cos that's crap you're written there!?? There was nothing wrong with Johansson's performance, he was almost as solid as at Parkhead, where he was one of the best on the pitch. As for Friedel .. he had very little to do anyway and the 2 goals were a defensive error, quite rare considering how well we kept Larsson at bay, even tho he looked dangerous on every run. And a classic set piece move that no keeper can stop. Lucas Neill put in a solid performance, both acting in defence but also getting the ball forward. He was about pick of the defence, tho Craig Short wasn't bad either.

And how you can single Johansson out for slipping?? How many players from both teams were slipping??

In midfield, Dunn was good, but nowhere near his best, Thomson was generally good but apart from his free kick deflecting off the crossbar, he was quieter than he has been recently. Duff was superb, probably our best player on the night. He consistently out ran and out manouvered his markers and looked very dangerous when he had the ball, Gillespie also made some good runs down the right flank but a couple of his crosses went a bit astray!

Tugay was a little bit quiet, directing things more than playing and Yorke jsut had an off day, a couple of slips when he was through on goal cost him. Tho I'm surprised Souey left it so late to bring Jansen on, was too late!

The individual performances were largely ok, just gelling as a team and passing the ball were weak.

The biggest disappointment of the night though were the "fans" those who started streaming out early. The last 10 minutes of the match were all Rovers, with run after run coming in at Douglas, then when the "fans" started leaving the passing which had improved dramatically went to pot as the players became distracted and even more disheartened. Those people should be ashamed of themselves, they are supposed to be supporters, not glory hunters!! If that's what they want they should all defect to Man U! I hope nonoe of them ever get chance to go when we make it to Cardiff again!!!

What a poor, poor showing by rovers last night, just how are celtic and rangers are meant to progress when they are forced to play mediocre sides who run on an arrogance that defies belief.

I hope you all enjoyed your short venture into europe, if you keep the red and yellow cards to a minimum you may get in through the fair play scheme next year.

to quote Sourpuss " it was men against bhoys last night"

G x

please keep your opinions to yourself.

I'm pretty sure it was the same guy who was sat behind us in the family stand (the tracksuit and the shirt look very similar anyway) because after the first goal he and two celtic fans had a small argument and he also about 20 minutes before the end. The sad thing about it was that he got the loudest cheer out of the Rovers fans the whole game!

About Matty. I dont think that we can judge him on just four games. He had a very serious accident and for some to say this early that he is finished is a bit stupid. It is going to take time for him to be anything like how good he was.

Yeah it was a let-down, but that's football for you. Fair play to Celtic, they deserved to go through - I wouldn't say overall we lost to the better team - but they did what we didn't and took their chances.

Writing off the entire team after one bad result seems a bit harsh to me - remember Parkhead? Ok so we lost there too, but the team showed what it can do. Hopefully this will teach us to produce and end-product to our pretty passing we're capable of.

From some of the posts here I may be in the minority but that idiot in the Rangers kit deserves to be banned - you can't have people running onto the pitch like that. Especially not when we're about to curl a free-kick into the top corner!

It should also be easy to work out who sold their tickets to away fans and stop them from buying at Ewood again. I know this happens in most football grounds, but that's no excuse, it's been happening at Rovers for years - I remember going to an Ewood game against Bolton about 5 years ago and the bloke on my left turned and asked me who I was supporting!

Anyway, maybe we got a touch of stage fright - the nuts and bolts of Everton at home should see us right...(but I'll get my lucky pants out anyway)

Can't really go into too much detail here...and this thread is so long I can't remember who said what!..and  I haven't read all the comments.

For my overall view of the tie, please see my Post that I started 'the Rovers-celtic game(s)'

But...just wanted to add to this post by saying thanks to all those who congratulated my team for our victory. Especially 'Tugay4' who I had the wrong opinion of initially but who has since posted some really good stuff. Paul (moderator) and Husta are others who deserves a mention.

I may get a chance to look back over the comments and respond again....but I have to get back to work!

Cheers

Afternoon guys.

Ive read some of the posts on here and must say I know exactly how you feel.  If you read any of the Celtic websites after the 1st leg they were much the same, although maybe to a lesser degree as obviously we sneaked a win.

Im obviously delighted at how we performed.  Was questioning the 3 strikers we played, but it worked a treat as Sutton completely snuffed out Tugay and in turn seemed to snuff out Blackburn.  Must admit ive been very disappointed at Cole & Yorke over the two legs, both have big reputations, but as far as I can see thats all they have to offer - reputations.  But I wont make the mistake that some and I mean some rovers fans did of writing them off on the basis of two games (never mind one!).

Anyway im not on here to gloat, just merely to say Ive thoroughly enjoyed the banter on here, and will regularly frequent it even though our tie is over.  A lot of decent people on here.  No not you Abbey!!  5-0?  That prediction is looking a tad silly now isnt it?

One thing I am glad about is that Larsson scored two crucial goals for us.  Was fed up about him being written off - I think he's now proved he could cut it in the Premiership.

All the best in the League guys.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.