BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Let Down

Soueys Bluey

A lot of people are being far too generous.

Just about everyone on the pitch was a disgrace to the shirt, the name of Blackburn Rovers, and Jack Walker.

Every time a ball was played forward the Celtic player was at least a second quicker to react.

Too angry to go into specifics.  :(

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True we were second to everything tonight, a huge disappointment, but didnt anyone else suspect it was on the cards after we played them off the park at Celtic AND STILL LOST?! Its all very well being neat & tidy with passes round the park (first leg anyway) but finishing is what wins matches and the difference between the 2 sides was that they had a world class finisher called Larsson who knows how to take a chance, and we had two lazy has-been Man Ure rejects whose names no-one needs reminding of.

By the way, you know you've seen an unimaginative Blackburn performance when you leave the ground and hear those immortal words: 'The Peter Jackson man of the match award goes to... Nils-Erik Johannson.'  Stone the crows! I'd sooner have given it to that prat in the Rangers shirt!

I can understand your sentiments.

It certainly was a hugely disappointing performance to put it mildly.

We were outfought in the tackle, too slow, gave possesion away shabilly, and there was no cohesion, or proper shape to the team at all.

Strangely enough, I thought that Craig Short, despite his slip for the 1st goal, was one of the few players on the night who I wouldn't want to describe as being a disgrace.

Craig did at least give the impression of trying. Sadly many of the other players didn't.

Off the pitch......I've never heard such racist bile and bigoted sh*te in my entire life by fellow Rovers 'fans'. Just as clueless as the muppets on the pitch.

I'll second that.  2 idiots in the middle of the Blackburn end tried to start "no surrender" every 4 minutes.

Clueless.

:rover: i've only read revidge blue's thread and it sum's tonight up to me,i ain't felt this bad since we were in the 3rd division,no fight,no heart a disgrace to the shirt.

You feel even worse than after that game against an already relegated Nottingham Forest?  I don't.

I think many of our players were led to believe it would be a stroll in the park for them given the Celtic performance at Parkhead and the reaction after that.

The Celtic players had something to prove and they were up for it more than us in every department. A lot of credit must go to them for the way they stopped us playing but to not score against them on our own ground is woeful.

Larsson said that the result will teach us a lesson and it has. We are still a very young team however and we'll learn from our mistakes and do far better in the future. You only get one chance in the UEFA Cup however unlike the Champions League - Newcastle learnt from their three defeats by winning the next three and going through to the next round. Our chance will come again!

Well what can I say? Awful? :(  My first trip to Ewood was marred by a pathetic performance by our 'men.' Celtic's 'boys' had little trouble containing two strikers with brick wall touches, an unimaginative midfield and a starved for service Damien Duff. Cole and Yorke were feckin' awful. Constantly playing with their backs to goal, totally unable to find each other, their team mates or get a meaningful shot off (Cole's disallowed effort exempted.) I'm very down due to the totally inept show put on by a team that is supposed to be full of attacking verve ???

Souness was quoted after the game as saying that Celtic had 2 lucky breaks. What rubbish, they did us over like a dead donkey. We were shocking.

On a side note I must say that Ewood is an absolutely fantastic stadium. No wonder you all chant Jack Walker's name (for that alone.) Those Dingle muppets can only dream of having such a set-up. Also Blackburn is nowhere near as bad as all the nay-sayers make it out to be ??? The drive in was very pleasant. Mind you we had just been in Preston.

Absolute rubbish performance from the lads. Celtic were first to every ball, header, tackle etc. I expected Rovers to be up for this game but we wasn't. We did them at their ground, didn't score, they did us at Ewood but did score. Cant be bothered to talk about individual players but they best put in a proper performance against Everton or I definately wont be happy.

We wound Celtic up after the first game and they got their revenge.  Let's remember that it was the'r biggest game of the season and I'm still not convinved that Celtic are a decent team.  They got their breaks -  the slip by Short - the corner that was a throw-in for the second and nothing we did went in.  I'm not too bothered by what the nation thinks of us, my main concrn ois that it doesn't effect our league form.

Most embarasing night as a Rovers fan.

Certain people need to take a look at themselves.

Souness for mouthing in the press all week, "If they socre we'll still win", well that didnt quite work out did it.

And certain players who bottled it.

We must bounce back on Sunday against Everton. Souness has kept saying the league is the most important, now lets push on in the league. Aswell as Everton are playing, these are games we must win at home.

A lot of people are being far too generous.

Just about everyone on the pitch was a disgrace to the shirt, the name of Blackburn Rovers, and Jack Walker.

Every time a ball was played forward the Celtic player was at least a second quicker to react.

Too angry to go into specifics.  :(

Absolutely Revidge but I will go with Anti Euro to exempt Craig Short from this.

Yet again the players and GS go mouthing off in the media and cock it all up again - Fulham anybody?

What's all this @#/? about staying in the Premier League malarkey - some people are living in dream world thinking we are going to be on the top six if we carry on like we are, relegation more like - if we can't take a game like last night seriously then we have got big big problems. If we are good enough we will stay in the Premier League regardless of how many games we play or whoever we play.

Last night was an embarrassment and we deserved everything we got. Sorry but the apathy that GS seemed to be showing going into this competition transpired itself last night into the players.

The annoying thing was we where not beaten by a good team, but by a team that WANTED to win - which to me is what it is all about.

ABSOLUTELY BLOODY AWFUL!!

awful,embarrassing,useless,flairless,clueless,gutless....

there are many adjectives that describe this attempted performance but one stands out from the rest

CRAP

a totally inadequate effort from persons who get paid a lot of money. They should all be fined as a result and given one almight kick up the rear end. If Celtic can do that to us what are Everton going to do on Sunday when our heads are even more down ?

Blues Stand Up and Be Counted

Very Disgruntled  :(  :(

David Dunn is a very average footballer overrated by the majority of Blackburn fans. When you haver important matches you want your so called best players to respond. He didn't. He trys to many high risk passes in the final third of the pitch that he has not the skill to pull off. He heeds to lose 2 stone and work on his speed over short distances. When ever I see him he fails to impress. Please discuss.

Got to Blackburn in 2 hours from Brum, got home in 2 hours - had a bag pinched from the Blues bar - met up with some board memebrs - saw rovers lose - I didnt think we were "all" that bad last night (just pretty bad) we miss Flitty, Duff wasnt at the races - Gillespie (did he come on) - I thought Curtis was "Solid" few astray passes, but the night was full of them,

I cant understand why we went to 3 5 2, playing 4 4 2 we were finding it difficult but we were making a lot more chances than we did after the break.

We wound Celtic up after the first game and they got their revenge.  Let's remember that it was the'r biggest game of the season and I'm still not convinved that Celtic are a decent team.  They got their breaks -  the slip by Short - the corner that was a throw-in for the second and nothing we did went in.  I'm not too bothered by what the nation thinks of us, my main concrn ois that it doesn't effect our league form.

was about the sutton miss and Hartson's clear header!!! should have been 4-0

Cole and Yorke have come to rovers for a holiday!

Neill was one of the worst on the pitch last night, although that wouldn't be hard.  The groundsman has alot to answer for if he wet the pitch before hand to make everyone slip all night (short)

Curtis looked solid, might be a potential LB in him yet, should never have come off, we went dire after that, we cannot play 3 at the back although i understand Souey had to take the gamble, but i like John at CH so my opinion was out of all the defenders last night he was doing the best up till half time.

Nils Erics dad must pick man of the match awards!!?

Dunn needs to take a good hard look in the mirror and realise he is not even in Flittys league, now i never thought i would say that!

Matty looked like he had stepped out onto a motorway, where the traffic was passing him by too quick and Duffer was up against someone with a little pace so that ruined his game.  David Thompson was average, Tugay poor, and Brad ok.

ANTI-CLIMAX, GUTTED, SAD, etc

The groundsman has alot to answer for if he wet the pitch before hand to make everyone slip all night (short)

Sorry Tom I believe you'll find the pitch was wet because it absolutely @#/? it down all day yesterday and only stopped around 5:30pm

I thought that footballers were supposed to wear studs.

Too often this season Rovers have slipped and slid all over Ewood Park.  What is wrong with them.

I didn't see too many Celtic players slipping.

Basic organisation is to have the boots to cope with the situation.  You'd think that we were the away team!

Well we certainly played like we were.

Celtic are crap. They will lose every single game if they play in the premiership, and I hope they get hammered next round.

I think that a lot of people "South of the Border" are missing the point about Celtic and Rangers.  Quite simply that they are not currently set up to compete in the English Premiership ~ from a financial perspective anyway!  Last place in the English Prem pays far more than a Championship spot in Scotland.

If they were to join the English Premiership/1st Division, then it would take a few years for the new financial rewards to kick in and then they would be able to attract better players.

When Parkhead (Celtic Park) has the South Stand redeveloped 82000 fans will fit snugly into the ground, add on cash from the league and I think that Celtic would be a force to be reckoned with.

Just to say that they are crap, after you've been beaten fairly and squarely by them is a bit of a laugh.  

Is anyone going to retract the comments about Sutton from a couple of weeks ago ~ he took the rip out of you yesterday evening.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.