SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Hughes feels that in our current situation he wants more grafting players in the first-team than 'luxury' players like Gamst-Pedersen or De-Pedro. I think Gamst will knuckle down and keep working hard and I do hope that he shows the staff his potential and claim a first-team place.

Rover6, after todays performance you'd be hard pressed to put a case for MGP to replace Reid or Emerton. MGP's performances in the past have not merited a place in the first team, and Hughes must see something in trainind we don't.

MGP's last performance was an international, he was brilliant. All over the pitch, set up goals, and got one himself. Along with the reports that he is doing very well in traing - do you see a picture?

So you'd replace a player who is growing in confidence and playing better with one, who has shown nothing? withstupid.gif

Reid put in some good challenges today that broke up Liverpool attacks, without these our defence would have been under a lot more pressure.

correct sumps.

MGP has looked very poor every time I've seen him play, for rovers and Norway.

HAHA, worst arguement Ive ever heard.

What internationals have you seen? Hes been very good at international levels, 7 caps, 4 goals and 3 assits, and playing overall very well.

Morten have played great the last matches for both BRFC and Norway - so don't come here and complain about him! Just think of the FEW games he have played again f.ex Man Utd (assist) and Bornemouth (Goal)! And for Norway? Last time he played against Sloveina, he had a wonderful assist, and a goal! And the game before there again - he was rated as the best player on the field!

So don't come here and say that he hasn't preformed well - cuz he have!

so good that he cant get on the rovers bench.

He was average against Man Yoo and was very very poor against Newcastle and Pompey.

Ive seen him play twice for norway, against Wales when he did nothing, and the other time when he came on against scotland. When he should have scored

Oh my god. Those 3 matches you are judging him by was within his 10 first days in England, no house, few training sessions, full season in norway behind him, internationals in between, and three different managers on those 3 matches. Is it wise to judge him by those matches?

You saw him against Wales and Scotland. I agree, that is his two worst internationals in his carerr (7 caps, 4 goals, 3 assists), against Wales he got 45 minutes (friendly), the match was low-tempo, and Morten was voted MoM, made delaney look like a fool several times (http://home.no/superstyle - look at the wales vid). Against scotland he got like 20 minutes, and made HIMSELF two good oppirtunities he missed. He must be the first player in the world to miss two chances in one whole match, both created by himself! LEts kick him to the u17's!!!!!

No really, you are way out of line with your arguements.

Rover6, after todays performance you'd be hard pressed to put a case for MGP to replace Reid or Emerton.  MGP's performances in the past have not merited a place in the first team, and Hughes must see something in trainind we don't.

MGP's last performance was an international, he was brilliant. All over the pitch, set up goals, and got one himself. Along with the reports that he is doing very well in traing - do you see a picture?

Erm, no.

Why on earth would Rover put an appearance clause in a contract that kicked in after a few games? Why would the club even sanction a signing that we couldn't afford in even the short term? It's just more looking for something when it isn't there.

rover6, you actually want Hughes to come out and say the exact reason he isn't picking an individual player? What about Jansen? Gresko? Gallagher? Hell, what about Douglas? Enckleman?

I think that Hughes is a big fan of reviewing players based on training, so Pedersen is obviously not doing great in training and, i doubt Jansen is doing well, but players like Reid are doing well.

ALL reports in Blackburn (media, friends of mine) says he is doing WELL in trainigs.

Why is this even being discussed? Our best players in the last three games have been Reid and Emerton who occupy the right and left wing spots respectively. Neither should, or will, be dropped in the immediate future - so no MGP.

Still it's probably all to do with some sort of appearance related fee. dry.gif

I'd love to see De Pedro in the team ASAP, he showed some real quality in his passing against sporting lisbon, and hasnt played a full game since. I realise that his pace and stamina are problems, but his fitness can be improved and I understand that Hughes is working on this.

As for Pederson, i think a few bench appearances would be good for confidence, but he has yet to prove himself in a blue n white shirt, so its up to Hughes to judge what he does in training.

Maybe Hughes feels that in our current situation he wants more grafting players in the first-team than 'luxury' players like Gamst-Pedersen or De-Pedro. I think Gamst will knuckle down and keep working hard and I do hope that he shows the staff his potential and claim a first-team place.

I have many times compared Morten to Freddie Ljungberg in his style and skills while playing.

Is he a luxury?

In Norway and on the national team Morten is known for backtracking and working VERY hard in 90 minutes defensively.

Why he obviously didnt do that against Pompey, Newcastle and United ive explained in one of the posts above.

I just wish that Hughes would explain the situation. He's come out and explained that de Pedro's fitness is keeping him out of contention. But in MGP's case, the silence is deafening.

What do you Norwegian guys think about MGP's mental strength? It is possible that him being snubbed so far is going to seriously damage his confidence unless he's got real self-belief.

As I know Morten, his mental strength is ok, not very good (missed a pen in the cup in norway and a few vital chances) and not terrible. But that isnt the problem. It might become though, if Hughes keeps ignoring him, and not supporting him. Ive heard that he doesnt give any feedback to Morten, and that must be hard for Morten, 23 y/o and in a new country and league.

What he ALLWAYS does is stay focussed and true to the club who is paying him his money.

He is in the "party-age", and in Tromsø many of his friends got to town on saturday, drank, or even just to have a look on what was happening. Morten allways got to bed early before matches, he has never drunk alchohol (not excessively) and is always working hard in team practices and self-pracitces (cant remember the word, in norwegian its own-training). Last year he had ONE day he didnt train properly, that was christmas eve smile.gif

That should help!

Why on earth would Rover put an appearance clause in a contract that kicked in after a few games? Why would the club even sanction a signing that we couldn't afford in even the short term? It's just more looking for something when it isn't there.

rover6, you actually want Hughes to come out and say the exact reason he isn't picking an individual player? What about Jansen? Gresko? Gallagher? Hell, what about Douglas? Enckleman?

No-one says it was a few games, it might be 30.

The thing is, about commenting, you can ONLY boost a players confidence by doing so. He can say in public that Morten is working hard, and will get the chance if he performs, he hasnt done that.

He is not giving Morten personal feedback on the trainings and such, so a media comment could tell Morten what he actually is doing wrong.

Jansen has been to the club for 6 years or something, that is different.

Morten cost the club a great deal of money, and has been at the club for 2 months and still not gotten a proper chance, and he was bought in as a first team player to begin with (not saying he should be because he was brought in as one).

Open your eyes instead of questioning everything around you.

God just give it a rest, this conspiracy theory has been exhausted and your arguement is just so inane. Give it a god damned rest, NOBODY cares!

I actually dont think its a conspiracy, or anything to do with the money. I just think its complete ignorance.

The signing of MGP after we had signed de Pedro was one of the strangest pieces of business transacted by Souness. A second international left winger really was a high priority given we had headaches all over the park. blink.gif

I always saw MGP as a risk in the same way as Reid was. Stead was a blind leap of faith which worked magnificently and no doubt will do so again. But the gap from Tippeliga and Div 1 is proving a longer term hurdle for the two midfielders. Reid is finaly coming good and no doubt MGP will do too.

My reading of MGP's Prem appearances for Rovers was that he hadn't got his mental approach right. Against Man U he was like a kid running round a giant sweet shop and effectively left us playing 10 against 11 (plus ref) all game.

MGP has just got to face it. He was given the opportunities by Souness, Parkes and Hughes and he didn't take them. Yes, they are good excuses as to why he didn't but they are still excuses when the Rovers desperately need performances.

Jansen blossomed and faded. Now Emo and Reid are taking the chances given to them and Thompson and de Pedro are pushing hard for their opportunities, not forgetting Gresko and Gray must also fancy the left wing slot if McEveley plays them out of left back contention.

Yes, MGP has a good record for Norway but I venture to suggest that Emerton, de Pedro and Gresko's international careers are the more substantial and that MGP would not get as close to England selection as Gray and Thompson have done if he were English. Nor has MGP been nominated for the UEFA team of the season as is the case with Emerton. Even Reid and Douglas have full international caps.

I am delighted MGP is impressing in training. I really am- we need all 30 senior pros to be burning up Brockhall in training if we are to move above the relegation battle.

When MGP gets his next chance for Rovers (as he surely will) he had better not blow it again or he will be finding himself behind a Souness-inspired unneccessarilly long queue with Jemal Johnson also coming into the reckoning.

Edited by philipl

True, because they are not official.

I don't know what connections you have, I just have the feeling that whatever anyone says, you'll be supporting Gamst 100%.

Remember, it's the CLUB we support, not Gamst, and we're not going to sell Gamst just to be sure he'll get enough matches this season. I really couldn't care less tbh, we're sure as hell not going to take Reid and Emerton out of the starting XI now.. Gamst has the potential, and he'll make it if he keeps on working, that's how I see it.

Gashi has got loads of potential.. but he lacks a lot when it comes to stability and some tactical training is still needed.. smile.gif

He'll need a year or two more in Vålerenga before he can move on, to a foreign club.

The same goes for Daniel Fredheim Holm, arguably one of the brightest talents in Norway nowadays.

But lay off, they're VIF property anyway! thumbs-up.gif

True, because they are not official.

I don't know what connections you have, I just have the feeling that whatever anyone says, you'll be supporting Gamst 100%.

Remember, it's the CLUB we support, not Gamst, and we're not going to sell Gamst just to be sure he'll get enough matches this season. I really couldn't care less tbh, we're sure as hell not going to take Reid and Emerton out of the starting XI now.. Gamst has the potential, and he'll make it if he keeps on working, that's how I see it.

The reason for that, my friend, might be that i actually know Morten as a person, in addition as a player. We were what you' say in norwegian "bekjent", can't remember the english term, though. I've played alongside him (altough 4 years ago now) and the senior-team allways haid their training sessions before use (youths), so ive seen quite alot of him.

About the Gashi case. I would rather see us not signing him. We signed Morten because we missed a left-winger, and look what happened. And now we should buy Gashi because we need a midielder? We'll ruin him aswell. But i was the manager, i would gladly give Gashi and Gamst an extended run in the starting XI, both very good players. I can remember Gashi playing with the newcastle players last year!