SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven Reid looks all set for another suspension so maybe MGP's luck is about to change. Although something tells me that if Hughes is prepared to bring Nissa when we're 4-0 down, rather than MGP, then his chances aren't too good.

It's about time Hughes came out in the press and explain the situation.

I think the midfield that played the second half yesterday is the one we should continue with. Hopefully Hughes will give MGP some games now an then and develop to the player I believe he can be. I have seen MGP in many games this season (also for Tromsø and Norway) and I know he is a player with great talent.

I don't think Hughes will come out an explain anything about why he keep MGP on the bench. Hughes is not a man with many words. He is quiet during training and do not talk much to players off the pitch.

and I think, so do most of the fans.

And the fans thought that Steven Reid was a waste of space who should be transferred at the earliest opportunity - until recently.

MGP will not be able to prove himself unless he gets a run in the team like Reid has had.

"Morten hasn't been playing for us recently because....uhhhhhh.....well, I don't think he's good enough."

That would achieve what? Since when have we expected our managers to go to the press and justify his team selections?

I am just guessing here rover6- but the reason we have given Reid a chance is the more sensible option. The coaching staff know more about him and what he can offer, he might be impressing in training to the level where they have to give him a chance.

You talk as if there is a conspiracy against him. Or I am starting to think you may fancy him- you can answer this if you wish to... if not I respect your privacy.

and I think, so do most of the fans.

And the fans thought that Steven Reid was a waste of space who should be transferred at the earliest opportunity - until recently.

MGP will not be able to prove himself unless he gets a run in the team like Reid has had.

Reid also had to wait a year for this run (granted much of the time was due to injury, but not all).

"Morten hasn't been playing for us recently because....uhhhhhh.....well, I don't think he's good enough."

That would achieve what? Since when have we expected our managers to go to the press and justify his team selections?

And very very unlikely seeing as the club paid 2.5m not so long ago for him. I reckon he'll get his chance sometime, he's been talked up too much not to.

at the game on sunday emerton was on the left side because apparently 'he likes coming onto his right foot' this maybe true but this means that he cant deliver a very good cross when the oppurtunity arises which kept happening on sunday.

The best place for him is on the right with either Reid or Pedersen on the left, so that there will be oppurtunities for our strikers.

at the game on sunday emerton was on the left side because apparently 'he likes coming onto his right foot' this maybe true but this means that he cant deliver a very good cross when the oppurtunity arises which kept happening on sunday.

The best place for him is on the right with either Reid or Pedersen on the left, so that there will be oppurtunities for our strikers.

Yes! And a lot of supporters give Emerton grief for this, without fully realising that it's not his preferred position. At times he looked really fed-up with having to backtrack to get cross the ball with his other foot.

I'd much prefer to see him on the right. Then again Reid played well there.

So Emerton should do what Pedersen did. Learn how to use your left foot. Pedersen is right footed, but since there where so few left footed players he teached himself how to use the left foot as well.

If he's not good enough - why is he on the bench? If Hughes thinks that he's such a liability that even when we were losing 4-0 he brought on Nissa instead - why on earth waste a space on the bench? He might as well put someone he actually has faith in rather than using up one of the 5 spots.

It doesn't make sense if you look at it in simple football terms. Because the general doctrine is that new players are given time on the pitch to settle into the club - unless they're George Weah's fake cousin and is blatantly not up to the standard or some 17 year old bought for the future. MGP hasn't been given the chance by Hughes and it's damn unfair. I suspect if this was an English youngster who was performing well for the England U21s side - people would be up in arms.

Instead, I sense a bit of arrogance with people disregarding him because he's 'only' a Norwegian international and been playing well in some tin pot league.

My opinion, as you probably know, is that Hughes doesn't want to bring him on, because if he does reasonably well, he'll be under pressure to pick him again - and eventually trigger the appearance fee owed to Tromso after a certain amount of games. And this would scupper his plans to bring in Gabbidon/Savage or whoever he has lined up.

Maybe it's just a little deeper than you think.

WE've already paid 2.5 mill for Pedersen, I doubt the fee will double if he plays 10 games.

I'd imagine (and note I don't claim to know, or even have a shrewd "really I'm a bit of manager-on-the-sly" take on it) that Hughes is trying ot protect the guy's brittle confidence. Maybe he's waiting for us to be winning in a game, so he can give Pedersen some time on the pitch with no bad consequences?

Right that's it. Just play him Hughes FFS. Just so the whining can stop for a week. blink.gif

Rover6, we know what you think. You repeat it after every match. Repeatedly. No-one else agrees though, except his agent Cuidado who isn't even a Rovers fan.

Reid and Emerton have been our best players in recent weeks. Who are you going to drop? If Reid gets a ban then I guess MGP will get his chance. He'll have to take it or Reid will come back in. But we're not going to drop one of our two form players to let a lightweight youngster in who's shown absolutely nothing yet to deserve a place in the team.

God knows why I'm replying though - you don't listen and I'm sure you're just on a wind up anyway.

When RFW introduced Ryan Giggs to the Man United team he did it slowly. Cup games and substitute appearances in games United were already winning. He could afford to do this with a strong squad already at his disposal. This careful nurturing saw Giggs become one of the best left wingers of his generation.

Due to an injury crisis at Liverpool, Souness was forced into playing Redknapp, Fowler and McManaman ahead of schedule. This was OK initially, but all got injured regularly, came in and out of form, and are burnt up wastes of space now.

You've clearly just decided that Hughes isn't playing MGP for financial reasons. This is just plain stupid. If MGP is one of our best 11 players then it makes sense for him to be i the team winning games for us.

Hughes has told Pedersen that he has plans for him this season. Why can nobody accept that? Why is it that two months out of the team has convinced people that Hughes is unfair and never going to play the lad. Management doesn't work like that. If MGP plugs away then he'll get his reward. He'll get his chance eventually. There's far too much impatience.

Remember that he's already played a lot of football this season and looked burned out in his Premiership games. Hughes may well be bringing him up to the pace of the English game in training before putting him back in the team. It takes time to adjust for a lot of players.

Stop bloody whining.