BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

There's a lot of ###### being written in this thread about how bad MGP is and I'm sure it's got something to do with the fact that rover6 is championing his case. Not that I particuarly agree with most of what rover 6 writes, but the slating that MGP is recieving on here is completely out of order IMO.

I'm sure that eventually MGP will get his chance - if he was that bad then he wouldn't even be on the subs bench - and when he does I hope that he takes it with both hands - he is after all a rovers player and we could do with all of them playing well.

But at the moment I think he probably needs a little bit more upper body strength - plus Reid and Emerton are playing exceptionally well at the moment and doing everything that could be asked of them (apart from scoring 5 each every game - bloodly wasters!) and so it's unlikely that Hughes will bring in anyone to disrupt a midfield that is beginning to play well together - hence Thommo didn't start against Fulham.

In short, what I'm trying to say is that I don't think MGP is crap, as some have posted, and I have no doubt that he will get his chance at some point this season - hopefully near the end of the season when we're up challenging for a European spot (I can dream, can't I?) - and I hope that when he comes in he will prove to be an excellent player. I'm sure that all rovers fans are hoping that though!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have 2 wide midfielders in Emerton and Reid. Most people agree that third in line is Thompson who is returning from a major injury, not 100% fit but has looked good in recent cameo appearances. Fourth in line is MGP who has not had a run in the team but has looked poor in cameo appearances. We're winning easily 2-0 up at Fulham so Hughes gives Thommo 10 minutes to get his Premiership sharpness back for if (when) Reid is banned. Common sense.

This might ruffle a few feathers.

If Grabbi had only played 2 games for Rovers and then never got another chance his reputation would never have been destroyed. Maybe then we'd have got some of our £6.75million back instead of letting him go for nothing.

Edited by Hasta

There's a lot of ###### being written in this thread about how bad MGP is and I'm sure it's got something to do with the fact that rover6 is championing his case. Not that I particuarly agree with most of what rover 6 writes, but the slating that MGP is recieving on here is completely out of order IMO.

I'm sure that eventually MGP will get his chance - if he was that bad then he wouldn't even be on the subs bench - and when he does I hope that he takes it with both hands - he is after all a rovers player and we could do with all of them playing well.

But at the moment I think he probably needs a little bit more upper body strength - plus Reid and Emerton are playing exceptionally well at the moment and doing everything that could be asked of them (apart from scoring 5 each every game - bloodly wasters!) and so it's unlikely that Hughes will bring in anyone to disrupt a midfield that is beginning to play well together - hence Thommo didn't start against Fulham.

In short, what I'm trying to say is that I don't think MGP is crap, as some have posted, and I have no doubt that he will get his chance at some point this season - hopefully near the end of the season when we're up challenging for a European spot (I can dream, can't I?) - and I hope that when he comes in he will prove to be an excellent player. I'm sure that all rovers fans are hoping that though!

Nail. Head. On.

Assistant manger Stig Inge Bjørnebye has been in Blackburn this week having a chat with Hughes regarding the situation of Morten Gamst Pedersen.

The answer he got from Hughes was that MGP needs to get tougher if he wants to play in the PL. Mgp himself says he is working on that every day on training..

Hughes has also rented a lot of really scary movies for MPG to watch alone his basement..

Edited by krislu

It's the same meeting, but the fantastic reporters in VG get more and more information from the meeting each day...

I have to make it perfectly clear that I am NOT crying for Gamst in the starting XI. I just want to see him get a few minutes here and there, when we are a few goals up and things are going well. I'm sure there's a reason why he IS on the bench, there's no doubt he is talented and there's no doubt he is to lightweight at the moment. However, with a few games under his belt, he might understand how much he has to give in every duel to make it.

That's true, Radagast.. but it works both ways IMO, we've lost 4-0 on three occasions, he could have had some minutes then aswell.

But let's just see what happens, Reid will probably be suspended for a few games.. my point is really, if we get more matches like the one against Fulham, I hope Sparky gives Gamst some playing time.

It will be a crying shame if Gamst cant get a bit more physical because if he cant his English career is all but over. When ive seen him play for Norway hes been excellent lets hope he comes through this period a stronger footballer than when he joined us.

But howcome tough man bully boy didnt spot these weaknesses in MGP's makeup.

I just wondered what kind of midfielder we lacked today. Imaginative? Creative? Good corners? Actuall crosses from the byline? Long throws? Pace? Shots?

the headline of rovers.co.uk : "we lacked imagination". Rovers have ONE victory since mid sept, and Morten doesnt even get to play for the reserves. What has he done wrong? Does everybody have to have muscles? Does giggs, duff, ronaldo, malbranque, defoe, wright-phillips (<- the best wingers in the league btw) have muscles? Do they need it?

All this because of a lame fee rovers have to pay mortens club. open your goddamn eyes.

I just wondered what kind of midfielder we lacked today. Imaginative? Creative? Good corners? Actuall crosses from the byline? Long throws? Pace? Shots?

the headline of rovers.co.uk : "we lacked imagination". Rovers have ONE victory since mid sept, and Morten doesnt even get to play for the reserves. What has he done wrong? Does everybody have to have muscles? Does giggs, duff, ronaldo, malbranque, defoe, wright-phillips (<- the best wingers in the league btw) have muscles? Do they need it?

All this because of a lame fee rovers have to pay mortens club. open your goddamn eyes.

Haven't watched the match as yet so won't comment on our lack of creativity, but those players you have used as examples pretty much prove you wrong. Ronaldo and Giggs, in particular, have huge upper body strength and the ability to run through the opposition. Duff has the blind pace to run past anyone and has certainly increased in strength and stature in the last few years, Defoe is a centre forward, similarly Malbranque is a creative midfielder - is Tugay huge in stature? I think Wright-Phillips is just about the only one on that list I can give you, though he's certainly tougher from what I have seen than Pedersen.

I swear if I hear this one more time I'll scream.

Please just go away and stay off this thread.

Yes, Spurs lacked that kind of midfielder today (outside of that one run from Brown). Since they would be "we" as far as you are concerned.

I must admit it was dissapointing to not see either Morten Gamst or De Pedro on the bench. Of course Hughes probably felt Thompson and Bothroyd would be the main attacking substitutes needed.

With Reid and Emerton non-effective against Spurs down the flank, surely this will make Sparky look at his other wingers?

Pedersen or De Pedro should be on the bench before Gary Flitcroft. I was disappointed that we seen so little of them. They could have come on yesterday and made a difference. They would have brought more of an attacking threat than Matteo anyway.