BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

hughes has just said this:

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes has tipped out-of-favour winger Morten Gamst Pedersen to return to form this season.

The 23-year-old winger was signed by Graeme Souness and has played just twice since Hughes took over at Ewood Park.

However, the £1.5m signing from Tromso scored for Norway in a World Cup qualifier against Slovenia in October and Hughes believes he can contribute to Rovers' campaign.

"Morten is working very hard," Hughes said. "At the moment, it is not the right time to promote him, but he will have an impact for us this year, no doubt."

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta link ally??

also, cuidado, whats your take on our other frozen out (and proven) left winger?

for all of everyones bitching about his weight, (and i'd like to know wher youv all seen him so close up to be judging his gut - cos its certainly not on the pitch), against sportin lisbon in pre-season he looked absolute class!

maybe hughes hates left footers cos he still reckons they practice witchcraft.... would explain the mgp/todd illusion.

Edited by mark

cuidado- Out of curiousity how would you describe your feelings for MGP.... love or just showing real care for a good friend.

Would you like to see big Jol take him on at Spuds- he really is a disgrace your manager. When Sir Alex saw the size of his gut he made his own judgement on him.

I think most of us are backing, in this case, MGP. The whole furore surrounding him not be involved is ridiculous. I can understand why it seems odd why he is not playing to you.

I trust our coaching staff more than I do your opinion, even though I appreciate you coming on to view your thoughts on MGP.

I am sure he will play a part soon but I am not losing sleep over it.

hughes has just said this:

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes has tipped out-of-favour winger Morten Gamst Pedersen to return to form this season.

and Hughes believes he can contribute to Rovers' campaign.

"Morten is working very hard," Hughes said. "At the moment, it is not the right time to promote him, but he will have an impact for us this year, no doubt."

I've hardly bothered with this thread cos I'm not inspired by the title.

Hughes first priority and one which to date he has done admirably is to make us hard to beat! He's only achieved that by making us harder to score against. And that in a nutshell is why MGP has not figured much.

His next job is to trade a few draws for a win or two, and depending on who arrives in the Jan sales is why MGP could become a key player.

I expect that MGP will certainly get a chance should the Savage deal go through. If Savage played with Ferguson then creativity would be required from the wings. However its obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse that Pederson, Ferguson and Tugay cannot play in a team threatened by relegation and facing a scrap every week. We would be known as the divisions lightweights and would be rolled over every week. MGP has talent but he has to adapt to English football and that isn't achieved overnight.

Edited by thenodrog

Now it says on Ceefax that Rovers have turned down a bid from an unnamed French club to take Pedersen on loan.

Now that can't be right - we're not playing him because Hughes is an idiot, right? Or at least because we can't afford to play him because of an appearance fee, right? There can't possibly be some...footballing...reason behind his absence from the team, can there?

Wait, wait, I've got it - Hughes obviously has a grudge against Pedersen and is keeping him here to ruin his career. Phew. Was afraid I'd have to revert to logical thinking for a minute there.