SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS Reid is NOT suspended for next week, where do you get this from ?

The players out for definate next weekend are Thompson and Dickov, both have one match suspensions.

there is every chance that Reid may actually get found not guilty ala atouba.

MGP will have his chance I am sure

MGP has had one decent game, decent, not good and that was against the mighty Bournmouth. He isn't Premiership quality yet, and we can't risk playing him all the time in the hope that he will come good.

I agree with what you say but feel it's all about fitness levels and adjustment to the speed of the Eglish game rather than a lack of quality. When he plays for Norway he seems to both score and weigh in with a fair number of assists. In other words he can do it at international level but not at club level.

In other words he can do it at international level but not at club level.

and this is proven by what? a handful of premiership games he's played?

reid was poor for us in his first season and looked nothing special at all and also dominic matteo had an appauling start for us and was dropped but now both of them have been recalled. morten g-p hasn't been given a fair chance i think.

In other words he can do it at international level but not at club level.

and this is proven by what? a handful of premiership games he's played?

reid was poor for us in his first season and looked nothing special at all and also dominic matteo had an appauling start for us and was dropped but now both of them have been recalled. morten g-p hasn't been given a fair chance i think.

Sometimes I wonder whether it's worth posting on here smile.gif

The point I was making is that he can do it at international level but isn't being given the chance at club level. I too think he should have been given a more lengthy run in the team. His serious lack of match fitness at PL level will now hinder his chances even further.

MGP offers something different - he's a goalscoring winger who's left footed. In a 0-0 relegation six-pointer, he's the sort of person you might turn to for a goal or an assist. But Hughes refuses to use him, even as a sub.

I am not going on about this because I just want MGP to succeed - like some posters. But because I want Blackburn to succeed. Imo, Hughes is shooting himself in the foot by not utilising MGP's talents - for whatever reason.

Most people are trusting the manager's judgement. And I certainly retain faith in Hughes but on this particular issue, I cannot see a genuine football reason for totally omitting MGP from first team action.

It seems to be like the Alan Mahon situation all over again. Souness refused to use him even though we were so desperate for a left footed midfielder, we were playing Nissa there at one point. Difference is that MGP is surely a better player than Mahon and it's not as if we 'desperately' need him to play because Emerton is doing well.

Sorry if this post annoys anyone but I felt I had to get it off my chest.

It's a hindsight/ foresight problem.

Hughes has better foresight than anyone on here because he see Pedersen in training every day.

But once he's been tried, everyone has equal hindsight. What would happen if Pedersen was a flop? Everyone would be quiet, or be saying that it's Hughes' fault he was a flop, because he didn't try him earlier.

We're all (apart from Queer Daddo) eager for Rovers to do well, and we know that we lack creative influence up front, but it all strikes me as wish-fulfillment to say: "Try MGP".

Does anyone seriously think that Hughes has a vendetta against MGP which precludes him from being selected even if he was dazzling as Victor Kiam's smile in training? Or perhaps Hughes doesn't know how to spell his name, so just doesn't pick him because it's easier than embarrassing himself by asking how it's spelt?

Why let the simple explanation that he's not trying hard enough or cannot show the right attributes in training get in the way? OK, fair enough you need first team games to get first team fit, but if he hasn't got this then surely he would get a game from the bench if he was good enough in training?

But he's not.

I defy anyone of you to disprove that. Because none of you see what he's like in training.

Of course the responses will be:"Yeah, but ..." and all that jive, but playing well for Norway guarantees nothing.

He either pulls his spuds out in training or he doesn't play, anything else is compost.

Thats a great post Bryan, but there is an additional element to it I think. Reid and Emerton work very hard and are defensively sound while providing a moderate attacking threat. I would imagine the fear is that MGP might not be able to perform defensively as well due to his sleder physique and more attacking mentality.

With a relatively lightweight midfield pairing of Ferguson and Tugay, even Flitcroft cant throw himself around that well these days, it might be a major concern that we will find it hard to get posession in the first place and our left in particular- with so many problems at full back too- could be dangerously exposed.

I am sure these factors are working against MGP too.

At every press conference after every away game a Norwegian journalist asks Mark Hughes why he isn't playing MGP.

He gives the same reply all the time, he'll get his chance, important member of the squad, etc etc I bet he's getting fed up with it too!

It has to be remembered that MGP has already played most of a league season in Norway.

Perhaps the lad just isn't good enough,perhaps the lad lacks the body strength at present to compete at this level (seen pencils with more meat on 'em!),perhaps the lad doesn't impress in training??????...so many questions, so few answers.

He was bought by a manager who wasted 7 million of Jack walkers trust money on Grabbi!! mad.gif

Enough said.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Perhaps the lad just isn't good enough,perhaps the lad lacks the body strength at present to compete at this level (seen pencils with more meat on 'em!),perhaps the lad doesn't impress in training??????...so many questions, so few answers.

He was bought by a manager who wasted 7 million of Jack walkers trust money on Grabbi!! mad.gif

Enough said.

Perhaps he's ###### and should be sent back on the next ferry to Norway.

Here's hoping anyway.