SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difference is, Gally has come through the academy all the way, and it's also after the new reserves boss Hodges came in, that the fringe players has been excluded from the reserves.

I think it's Hughes who decides whether to let fringe players play for the reserves. Hodges just picks from those available to him.

I think what you are seeing, is the academy under 19 side replacing the reserves. Seems the right way to go, to me. If the reserve side was full of first team squad players, the over 18's wouldn't get a game at any time.

On top of that, not many of the big clubs play their first team squad players in the reserves. There doesn't seem much point, the reserve games are usually the last place to make a judgement of a player.

There doesn't seem much point, the reserve games are usually the last place to make a judgement of a player.

Which adds the point, whats the point in reserve matches??

All they do is mess up pitches mid season and injure players when your trying to get them fit again.

I'm still confused about this "Hughes decides whether fringe players should play for the reserves"

Quite apart from the fact that since Hughes has brought his own team in no fringe players have appeared, what is the point of having a reserve team coach if he doesn't pick the side?

Maybe I'm wrong in that, but I don't pretend to have inside knowledge on the club, unlike some ...

I think Morten Gamst Pedersen should be starting all the games this season, after all he done extremely well to score 2 goals against NORTHERN IRELAND, in Belfast this year!!! (little fecker) mad.gif

In fairness, Dickov can't be dropped due to his attitude and performances this season, however a suspension won't be too far around the corner from him. Jansen, Gally and Bothroyd have put in a few decent performances up front. So Morten could be next in line with Jon Stead or even Jemal Johnson. IMO i feel that he should be given a chance in the FA Cup against Cardiff to give him a proper taste of what English football is all about and then try him again in the Premiership if successful!!!

As someone quite rightly said, he is too easily pushed off the ball and with both Reidy and Brett playing some decent football, then he won't be able to challenge for a role on the wings where he has played before.

Alternatively put him on loan for a month, but please someone tell him not to pose with a feckin Burnley scarf, just what a fellow naive collegue of his did!! ohmy.gif

I'm still confused about this "Hughes decides whether fringe players should play for the reserves"

Quite apart from the fact that since Hughes has brought his own team in no fringe players have appeared, what is the point of having a reserve team coach if he doesn't pick the side?

Maybe I'm wrong in that, but I don't pretend to have inside knowledge on the club, unlike some ...

I can't pretend to be aware of the current inner workings at Blackburn but I do know that conventionally the Manager (i.e. Hughes) advises the Reserves manager what players are available to him, and he makes his choice from there. Hughes may also have decided that he wishes to use the reserves to develop younger players, or that he doesn't want to risk anymore injuries.

wait and see, pal, wont be much help in the world-class wingers in div 1

Once again Im not sure what your point is.

We had plenty of chances today, we need someone who can score them. Emerton has been played very well on the left side, unlike MGP when he played.

Frightening, Mum... that was a direct question, I hope?

"They are still very much Rovers players"... sounds like someone's leaving in January... would've been a terrible move obviously, to offload a young bright talent like MGP... but if it's one thing I've learned as a Rovers supporter - you just never know! sad.gif