BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

PLEASE stop refering to this appearence fee as if it is fact - it is not! It's just something you have fathomed and its just so irritating to constantly read it. Also, I find it EXTREMELY unlikely that an appearence fee would come into effect after less than 10 appearences. That is the only way this could affect Hughes winter transfer budget. On another thread people have been taking the... out of you when MGP is mentioned and thats because you ALWAYS state your opinion, relentlessly. We do not care anymore, give it a rest.

Personally I hope MGP plays on saturday if Reid is banned, mainly to see if he has improived his game and if he has learnt anything from the new management. Also because this would allow Thompson to play in the centre.

Edited by tcj_jones

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's not good enough - why is he on the bench? If Hughes thinks that he's such a liability blah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blah

I don't even know why I'm responding to you anymore. Just because a player can't get in the XI does not mean the manager thinks he's a waste of space. As I've said to you before (your answer, of course, was "......") such an attitude is the same as saying we shouldn't put any players on the bench at all because obviously they are so bloody useless. I really can't believe I'm wasting the minute jouls of energy it takes to type this on you again.

Goodness me we have managed to get 1000 replies on this topic. Amazing lol

Hmm, but a quarter of that total is from just 4 people.

Three of the four are Norwegian, and the other is Rover6.

And one of the three Norwegians is bordering on the obsessive when it comes to MGP, and isn't a Rovers fan.

As an American following Convey by reading a Reading messageboard, he is having the same problem. The fact is, from an outsiders perspective, no one wants him to fail and most think he will come good in a season or so, they just don't feel he is ready right now. And you know what? They are probably right.

I feel your frustration, knowing that when given a chance a player will prove himself. Instead of you, though, I'm not whining like a little (rhymes with witch), but waiting patiently, because I know he eventually will be given that chance, just like MGP will.

If Hughes thinks that he's such a liability that even when we were losing 4-0 he brought on Nissa instead - why on earth waste a space on the bench? He might as well put someone he actually has faith in rather than using up one of the 5 spots.

i think nissa was brought on for that last 10min or so for sparky to see if he could handle a real premier league match. recall that after this incident, nissa became our regular centreback and we never saw matteo again. so, you can't say that there was no purpose in this move.

also, i'm sure MGP would have got his chance had the team not played as well as we did in the 2nd half against birmingham. we basically bossed the entire half, and thommo's introduction further accentuated our so-called dominance. remember we were on top of them for a very long period, and i think the reasoning here is that hughes felt we could snatch a winner simply on the adrenaline generated, and thus made no sense to disrupt the flow with another substitution. in any case, i thought thommo was brought on out of necessity - toogs was that bad. i'm pretty sure MGP will get his chance sooner or later, but for now, i'm happy to go along with hughes' judgement.

Im not going to quote, just skip back and read bellamy11 excellent post.

MGP has to adjust to premiership football, it's a big step up from Norwegian football. People will say he's an international but I recall another Norwegian who when joining Rovers took over 12 months to establish himself as a regular.. The management at the time brought the player on gradually and he developed into one of the best defenders that graced Ewood Park.

MGP is young and impatient, he and his supporters have to be patient, then maybe one day he will grace similar status at Ewood to Henning Berg.

Goodness me we have managed to get 1000 replies on this topic. Amazing lol

Hmm, but a quarter of that total is from just 4 people.

Three of the four are Norwegian, and the other is Rover6.

And one of the three Norwegians is bordering on the obsessive when it comes to MGP, and isn't a Rovers fan.

Yes very true indeed.

But I am a norweagian and I must remind all of you that not all norweagians has the same opinions regarding MGP. Just to underline this read my previous MGP post from back in june.

I must admit I am very VERY afraid MGP wont live up to our expectations.

Given a season to adjust, he might become great, but i am afraid his first PL season wont be an award winner. We have a left side problem who need an answer next season, and I dont think MGP will be a revelation from day 1.

Yes he is a good prospect, but £2,5 m for an unproven norweagian sounds a bit harsh to me. Especially when you consider the only consistant form he has had was half last season and a quarter of this one.

Dont get me wrong, I would love to see MGP join our squad, but I feel the price is too high, and I think some of my fellow norweagians may exagurate the skills and wonders of MGP.

WE've already paid 2.5 mill for Pedersen, I doubt the fee will double if he plays 10 games.

We've paid £1.5 million and there is a further payment of £1 million depending on appearances and various other conditions.

There is a subtle difference between bringing a player through gradually by giving him sub appearances here and there and what is happening with Pedersen not getting any time on the pitch since the Bournemouth game.

I hereby declare that I shall not comment further on the matter* in fear of being the sole cause for an exponential rise in suicide attempts amongst Blackburn Rovers fans.

*(Until MGP plays or gets sold or disappears to work on a Siberian salt-mine where he will get a decent chance of proving himself with the pick-axe).

Agreed with you for a while, 6, but I do think you're exaggerating a bit.

Against Birmingham, I saw no reason for letting Gamst on. The midfield was excellent, and especially Reid looked impressing the last 45 minutes methinks. But I do agree, when we're 4-0 down and nothing is working, it could be a good idea to put Gamst on- just to give him some playing minutes..

When RFW introduced Ryan Giggs to the Man United team he did it slowly. Cup games and substitute appearances in games United were already winning. He could afford to do this with a strong squad already at his disposal. This careful nurturing saw Giggs become one of the best left wingers of his generation.

Due to an injury crisis at Liverpool, Souness was forced into playing Redknapp, Fowler and McManaman ahead of schedule. This was OK initially, but all got injured regularly, came in and out of form, and are burnt up wastes of space now.

You've clearly just decided that Hughes isn't playing MGP for financial reasons. This is just plain stupid. If MGP is one of our best 11 players then it makes sense for him to be i the team winning games for us.

Hughes has told Pedersen that he has plans for him this season. Why can nobody accept that? Why is it that two months out of the team has convinced people that Hughes is unfair and never going to play the lad. Management doesn't work like that. If MGP plugs away then he'll get his reward. He'll get his chance eventually. There's far too much impatience.

Remember that he's already played a lot of football this season and looked burned out in his Premiership games. Hughes may well be bringing him up to the pace of the English game in training before putting him back in the team. It takes time to adjust for a lot of players.

Stop bloody whining.

Rover 6, Cuidado, just read the above post everytime the conspiracy theory enters your head, as , in my opinion this is probably the most accurate summing up of events surrounding MGP.

Calm down, chill out and your time will come thumbs-up.gif

Ive never posted on the topic of "appearance fees" cause i thought it was daft,until today.

we all know that MGP joined in a deal that included certain breakdowns such as future games,uefa cup position,etc...people were slagging off a couple of the guys who were making up conspiracy theories earlier in the thread.Its unlikely that Hughes wouldnt use MGP if he needed him on as a sub.But i think the appearance fees explains why he doesnt bring him on in a dead game such as being 4-0 down at chelsea or 2-0 up here at fulham.i think he doesnt want him to use up the allocated appearances in meaningless games,in case he ends up being a flop,we would have to pay more.

But IM SURE Sparky will use him eventually,in meaningful games or as a tactical substitution in the future.But dont expect any 2 minute run outs to get accomodated to the premiership.Bottom line is MGP is second choice right now on the left wing cause Reid and Emerton are producing the goods.

why change a good working team like we have at the moment for the sake of upsetting the apple cart ?

McEveley needed a break hence Nissa coming in at left back for him to be replaced at CH by Short.

Tugay must have realised that with a now fit again Thompson Rovers have an untapped resource from amidfielder that is capable of shooting, capable of ferocious tackling and capable of scoring more than his fair share of goals.

Rovers are showing a plus side to their football now they have confidence, now they are fitter and now they have a work ethic that we have not seen for 18 months.

MGP can bide his time, he is young and at some point he WILL get his chance, at the moment he has to wait like Gally. Look no further than this laddie as he waited and waited, got his chance and now fully deserves his place in the first 11.

I agree with you Bobby G that when we went up 2-0 ten minutes from time that it would have been a good time to bring on MGP. Not because the other players had played bad, but because MGP could get 10 min without to much pressure on his sholders.

What i don't agree with is that it's a conspiracy not to bring him on. Why wait now to play him. If Rovers have to pay Tromsø money after 10 or 20 MGP play, when why not let him play 9 or 19 games. If he then hasn't shown what he is good enough for the team, then don't play him and save the money. Don't think Hughes will hold a player that is good enough for the team on the bench for many weeks and at the moment there really isn't any room for MGP. Sad but true.

I think MGP isnt good enough for the team right now,cause we have two in-form wingers,but i think the appearance fee explains why he isnt making meaningless 2 minute appearances at the end of games.If you think about it,there hasnt really been a game where we are trailing by 1 goal with 10 mins to go and MGP could have come on.Its either been draws,which our players were playing well in like last week,or big defeats like Boro and Chelsea or a comfortable lead like yesterday.

I think MGP isnt good enough for the team right now,cause we have two in-form wingers,but i think the appearance fee explains why he isnt making meaningless 2 minute appearances at the end of games.If you think about it,there hasnt really been a game where we are trailing by 1 goal with 10 mins to go and MGP could have come on.Its either been draws,which our players were playing well in like last week,or big defeats like Boro and Chelsea or a comfortable lead like yesterday.

Thank You. Someone else has seen sense and turned their back on 'head in the sand' attitude.

well durrrrrrr. Of course we aint going to make any changes during a game if the players are playing well.

Thank You. Someone else has seen sense and turned their back on 'head in the sand' attitude.

If MGP has an appearance fee clause for playing 10 or less times then I will buy you a pint.

If people don't agree with you then they have their head in the sand? I'd expect better of somebody with your linguistic sharpness. A bit petulant for somebody who wants to be taken seriously.

This is getting rediculous now.

Has nobody else noticed-

1/ MGP was @#/? when he played in the first 2/3 games.

2/ We are FIVE games unbeaten, with our midfield playing excellently.

But no, we're surely not playing him because of some clause that doesn't even exist.