BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Loan Extended

frosty

"Neil is going back because his new manager hasn't seen him play and he wants to show him what he can do."

Does that mean Danns feels that despite playing every game for Colchester he's not been getting enough attention from the Blackburn management / coaching / scouting staff ??

If not, then what the heck's the point sending players on loan ? In the last handful of games the Us have played away at Blackpool and at Bradford, so there's no excuse for not having had him watched.

I wonder what advice he's had from Hughes or anyone else in the management team ? "Yes Neil, come back to Blackburn and you'll get a run out with the stiffs against the mighty Bolton Reserves next Tuesday night."

Or "Neil, take advantage of the next three competitive fixtures to get some good experience (FA Cup v Mansfield, L1 v Torquay and L1 v Huddersfield), we'll have a good look at you in those games and maybe bring you back in December."

Seems a rather strange comment from the Colchester boss if Danns hasn't actually been recalled, and if he has, why didn't he just say "Blackburn have recalled Neil" ??

EDIT there are more complete quotes from the Colchester bosshere on the official site but interestingly no comment at all from the Rovers side. Yet.

Edited by Tris

rover.gif it might not be as silly as it sounds tris,i once had a conversation with a rovers member off staff,about tiny taylor who was on loan at darlington at the time.

did you see tiny on tv on sunday,i asked.

no i did not know the match was on was his reply.

surely these youngsters are watched when they on loan,i asked

no! he replied.

looks like danns knows the score tinykit.gif

Besides, there is a difference between having the player watched (by a scout or assisant) or allowing Hughes to see how the lad can play.

Although, I'm sure someone with a pessimistic view will think that this indicates that Hughes doesn't trust the scouts??? ph34r.gif

Surely it is not hard to understand. As a manager I would think it is much more pertinent to rate a player under your own system with players of the quality he needs to aspire to around him. Much better than trying to rate a player playing for another manager, not knowing how the player has been asked to work and playing amongst those of supposedly lesser quality.

If you are looking to buy a car do you watch someone else drive it or do you test drive it yourself, makes excellent sense to me to bring the lad back in house

If you are looking to buy a car do you watch someone else drive it or do you test drive it yourself, makes excellent sense to me to bring the lad back in house

But in this case the car is owned and paid for and is being vigourously run in against finely tuned racing models.

Why bring it back to have its shiny gloss taken off by running around Morecambe on Tuesday nights with a bunch of old crocks just out the bodywork shop ?

Coming back to Blackburn was Danns' decision - he wasn't recalled by Hughes. Which means that Danns thinks that he can break into the first team squad and I don't see why not with Ferguson being the only real central midfielder of note we have.

Only fly in the ointment for Neil is that Thommo's getting back to fitness and playing central midfield for the reserves.

• 1 year later...

Danns posts a goodbye message on a Colchester forum, its a shame more premiership players dont do this, the ungrateful pricks. How to leave a club with dignity and pride, take note Hunchback.

http://www.cu-fcchat.com/chat/viewtopic.php?t=7976

Theres also a nice bit in the thread about Danns sitting with all the fans watching Colchester matches.

Edited by wakefieldrawks

Never thought he was given a fair chance at Ewood. Granted, I know Souness and his coaching staff saw him every day in training and they would have known if he was up to it, blah blah, but he looked like he had a real motor when I saw him play against D.C. United a couple of years back. I don't think he'll ever be a starting central midfield in the Premiership, but he could have developed into a nice squad player.

Best of luck to Danns (but not to the Big Club).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.