BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Daft review. Daft system in place and MUST be removed. DRS has been the talk of the series and has taken the attention away from the games greatest contests.

Also, Cook should be banned for his ridiculous over-rate yesterday. Around 12 overs per hour with Swann bowling majority of the time. Disgusting. Fans have paid good money for them tickets for them to be cheated out of a full game due to idiotic tactics by the England team. An embarrassment for cricket and should be dealt with by the ICC.

• Like 1

Daft review. Daft system in place and MUST be removed. DRS has been the talk of the series and has taken the attention away from the games greatest contests.

Also, Cook should be banned for his ridiculous over-rate yesterday. Around 12 overs per hour with Swann bowling majority of the time. Disgusting. Fans have paid good money for them tickets for them to be cheated out of a full game due to idiotic tactics by the England team. An embarrassment for cricket and should be dealt with by the ICC.

"Disgusting" India team fined for slow over rate.

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricket/india-fined-for-slow-overrate-against-sri-lanka/article4880924.ece

Next.

Big difference between an ODI and Test match, Jim. The game was completed regardless of the slow over rate, they weren't delaying in order to change the outcome of the result, whereas Cook was scared. Hence used disgusting tactics in order to delay a cracking performance by the Aussies. Shameful.

His point still stands. The fans paid for 90 overs cricket alright due to rain they would not have got that but they could have got substantially more overs in with the quite clearly deliberate time wasting. In test cricket you should clearly be able to bowl 15 overs an hour. Also ODI and test are completely different, Cook was time wasting where Kohli was making tactical changes to try an stop the runs the overs were still bowled in the ODI in the test yesterday they were not there is the difference.

So Aus review the ball was shown to be hitting the stumps but it is still given not out and they lose a review ridiculous, if he was bowled you wouldn't say he's not out because only 49% of the ball hit leg stump. DRS is an absolute joke, just like has the umpiring been in this series. Trott out now anyway never looked comfortable

Edited by somersetrover
  • Like 1

Big difference between an ODI and Test match, Jim. The game was completed regardless of the slow over rate, they weren't delaying in order to change the outcome of the result, whereas Cook was scared. Hence used disgusting tactics in order to delay a cracking performance by the Aussies. Shameful.

Do you want me to find other examples of "shameful" Indian time-wasting ? It's pretty easy if you look.

Do you want me to find other examples of "shameful" Indian time-wasting ? It's pretty easy if you look.

India may have been fined for slow over-rate, but the reasoning was due to field changes etc from Dhoni as he is a very active captain. Cook on the other hand was deliberately slowing the game down in order to force the draw.

India may have been fined for slow over-rate, but the reasoning was due to field changes etc from Dhoni as he is a very active captain. Cook on the other hand was deliberately slowing the game down in order to force the draw.

You could certainly never call Cook an active captain that's for sure.

Lyon coming on to bowl really hope he bowls well because he has the ability it's just his confidence that is his trouble, due to always being dropped for no good reason.

Edited by somersetrover

All teams time waste if it works in their favor to do so, it's just part of the game.

To an extent. Yesterday that Dingle and the rest of the England cricket team were an embarrassment to the sport.

2 down now. Weather holds up then Aussies should wrap this up.

You could certainly never call Cook an active captain that's for sure.

Lyon coming on to bowl really hope he bowls well because he has the ability it's just his confidence that is his trouble, due to always being dropped for no good reason.

Correct. Chasing 332 to win from 98 overs is not that difficult (under 4 an over). Have a go at the Aussies. If wickets tumble quickly then go on the defensive. However, they have been defensive from the start.

You're a clown

Correct but please do us all a favour and either put him on ignore like I have or at least stop quoting him so that we don't have to read his wumming.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Get Out Pietersen.

Whose side are you on ?

Jeez, Bryan, he took a fair bit of his pad at the same time. That's hardly being thick.

Perhaps Clarke was to blame for not telling him.

or they are just as thick as the England and wales cricket team for wasting their DRS.

Hey Mr Thickness! The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB for short) is the governing body of cricket in England and Wales. Your national cricket team is called England.

Cricket as you say is not my strong point and maybe I should refrain from giving an opinion...... .

Correct, so why don't you take your own advice ?

Back to the Ashes series. So all's well that's ends well, god is truly an Englishman. Praise to the glorious Manchester weather but the Good Guys in the White Hats have been the better team over the three Tests. As for the baddies in the black hats, where's the pride but, in all honesty, who cares ?

England have now prevailed for the fourth time in five series but because of the idiotic ICC scheduling will have to do it over again this winter and yet again here two summers from now in 2015. It doesn't make any sense to me and threatens overkill for a series that should be widely anticipated every 4 years or so.

On a critical note I have been disappointed with England this series. Cook and Trott are in a deep trough of form and the batting is generally well below par. I cannot see Pietersen being around in 2015 and he will have to be replaced soon. For the next Test in Durham, I would also like to see Compton open and Root dropped to No 6. Graham Onions also has to play - if he doesn't play on his home ground in his current form he will never get a game for England again. Bresnan would have to go although he bowled quite well at OT.

Whose side are you on ?

Hey Mr Thickness! The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB for short) is the governing body of cricket in England and Wales. Your national cricket team is called England.

No one particularly but I would like to have seen Aus win this game to keep the series interesting, surely from a cricketing perspective you wanted this as well. I was pleased Pietersen was out because I can't stand the arrogant self absorbed disloyal man.

I never actually call them England or England and Wales, I call them South Africa A instead.

Edited by somersetrover

No one particularly but I would like to have seen Aus win this game to keep the series interesting, surely from a cricketing perspective you wanted this as well. I was pleased Pietersen was out because I can't stand the arrogant self absorbed disloyal man.

I never actually call them England or England and Wales, I call them South Africa A instead.

You must be joking. I want to stuff this lot by as many as possible and send them back home on a banana boat. From what I see and hear of Pietersen I don't like him personally but recognise he is a very talented player who has always pulled his tripe out for England. Drives me mad sometimes but we are weaker without him.

References to South Africa is stupid. The players in question have lived in this country for a long time and are fully committed to the national cause.

References to South Africa is stupid. The players in question have lived in this country for a long time and are fully committed to the national cause.

Prior perhaps. Trott and Pietersen at one point were committed to South Africa's cause when they played youth cricket thereand Trott's case youth international cricket and they didn't move here until they were adults. But let's face it Pietersen is only committed to himself, we all know that. You may call the reference stupid but in the last year Strauss, Compton, Prior, Dernbach, Trott, Meaker, Kieswetter and Pietersen (who all all SA born) have played for England in one form or another which is quite incredible.

Edited by somersetrover