BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England seem to be just desperate to get to the follow on total. Its going to be tight, but i hope England dont just switch off after that point. If they could bat till lunch at least it will make it very difficult for Clarke to decide how many more he needs to get in the 2nd innings. Will he bat till a certain time or a score? If I was an Aussie, id like him to set England a tempting target. Is he that kind of captain?

Prior, Broad, Swann and even Anderson are capable of getting decent scores, I'd be disappointed if we didn't make it over the follow on line. If Starc can make a 60 any of those four can. It's what happens after that. We don't have to win this game, Australia do. However anything over 350 will take some getting batting last.

England seem to be just desperate to get to the follow on total. Its going to be tight, but i hope England dont just switch off after that point. If they could bat till lunch at least it will make it very difficult for Clarke to decide how many more he needs to get in the 2nd innings. Will he bat till a certain time or a score? If I was an Aussie, id like him to set England a tempting target. Is he that kind of captain?

It's sh1t or bust for the aussies, they have to take risks.

still what do i know?

Guest Norbert

You're right Gordon. It is the time for them to do a 'death or glory' move if we get over that follow on line and chip away afterwards. No point being cautious and negative like some recent England captains.

Clarke often takes risks, he's on of the few captains to win a test after declaring behind on the 1st innings.

Not sure he'll follow on if applicable, as our seamers will need a rest as it doesn't look like he can rely on Lyon to get most of the wickets.

If we knock England over at some time on the 4th day, I'd bat again for a session or so, make a quick hundred runs and then send them in again with half an hour to go before stumps.

Clarke often takes risks, he's on of the few captains to win a test after declaring behind on the 1st innings.

Not sure he'll follow on if applicable, as our seamers will need a rest as it doesn't look like he can rely on Lyon to get most of the wickets.

If we knock England over at some time on the 4th day, I'd bat again for a session or so, make a quick hundred runs and then send them in again with half an hour to go before stumps.

Great plan, however a slight issue. Rain forecast for the next 2 days!

Weather forecast seems to clearish this morning, with showers during the afternoon.

The forecast for tomorrow at the moment looks like heavy rain during the morning and then persistent rain during the afternoon with a possibility of some play late afternoon. It could mean that at maximum over the next 2 days the Aussies have around 100-120 overs to force a result. With that kinda forecast I would enforce the follow-on if they get into that position.

Hopefully Prior, Broad, Swan and Jimmy can firstly get the runs to avoid the follow-on and then eat as much time up as possible.

Decent day out today. Suprised the rain held off until it did. Luckily for England I think the weather will save us tomorrow

Maybe but who says we couldn't bat the day out ? This England team has the strongest tail I can remember. Every player is capable of making a 50 and probably 9 of them capable of a 100 on a good day.

A great day for winning the Ashes.

If you have to rely on the weather to beat an ordinary, fractured Australian team, then I suppose it is.

But the tide will turn.....

Mind you, the weather at the return tests in Aus tends to be somewhat erratic.

My disappointment is with back-to-back ashes tests. What's wrong with every four years?

It's not that hard, with so few countries playing test cricket, is it?

If you have to rely on the weather to beat an ordinary, fractured Australian team, then I suppose it is.

But the tide will turn.....

Mind you, the weather at the return tests in Aus tends to be somewhat erratic.

My disappointment is with back-to-back ashes tests. What's wrong with every four years?

It's not that hard, with so few countries playing test cricket, is it?

Too right, you never give a sucker an even break. We've been robbed by the weather before so you take the rough with the smooth.

I agree with you about back to back tests though. It'll devalue the competition.