BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship Revenue 2012/13

Hey,

I don't quite post on here a lot, but, i do read lot off of here.

Just came across something which i thought would be interesting.

This is the championship revenue for last season. Quite a few surprises in there.

1404271549450077.jpg

EDIT--> I just found out the championship wages last year....No prizes for guessing who's on top

1404271816170090.jpg

Bolton along with us? Stumps me. That team doesn't look like having that many high earners to me. They've blown that Pl money just like us but not sure on whom.

Looks like we will be midtable (on that chart) next season.

And bottom two years later (without promotion).

Kind of shows that you need to get promoted before the parachutes run out. Leeds, Brighton and Forest will definitely vote in favour of FFP.

Hey,

I don't quite post on here a lot, but, i do read lot off of here.

Just came across something which i thought would be interesting.

This is the championship revenue for last season. Quite a few surprises in there.

1404271549450077.jpg

EDIT--> I just found out the championship wages last year....No prizes for guessing who's on top

1404271816170090.jpg

Bolton along with us? Stumps me. That team doesn't look like having that many high earners to me. They've blown that Pl money just like us but not sure on whom.

Great info, really shows the problem we have. Next season given that the parachute payments will reduce, and that we have only a couple of players actually out of contract, and already had a big gap between income and expenditure, what happens to cover the gap? Debt / Venkys / etc...?

Im aware we have some big wage earners who have left after these figures, but I believe at least a few of them we either paid up the majority of their contracts early, or are still paying at least some of their wages, so those need to also be counted too.

Scary stuff.

Also shows that Burnley were very lucky to get Dyche in when they did. This was their final year of the parachutes.

Luck or good stewardship? Bearing in mind we are on target for a small profit this season I'd suggest our board can take some degree of credit for working to get the club ready to meet FFP.

What amazes me about those graphs is how many clubs are spending more than their total turnover on wages - and indeed that the rest seem to spend their total turnover on them! Is it any wonder football is in such a mess!

FFP may not be perfect but the principle is sound and we need something putting in place to protect the future of our clubs.

oh and by the way our parachute payments for year 3 and 4 are about half what Blackpool and you get!

Luck or good stewardship? Bearing in mind we are on target for a small profit this season I'd suggest our board can take some degree of credit for working to get the club ready to meet FFP.

What amazes me about those graphs is how many clubs are spending more than their total turnover on wages - and indeed that the rest seem to spend their total turnover on them! Is it any wonder football is in such a mess!

FFP may not be perfect but the principle is sound and we need something putting in place to protect the future of our clubs.

oh and by the way our parachute payments for year 3 and 4 are about half what Blackpool and you get!

Luck.

Great info, really shows the problem we have. Next season given that the parachute payments will reduce, and that we have only a couple of players actually out of contract, and already had a big gap between income and expenditure, what happens to cover the gap? Debt / Venkys / etc...?

Im aware we have some big wage earners who have left after these figures, but I believe at least a few of them we either paid up the majority of their contracts early, or are still paying at least some of their wages, so those need to also be counted too.

Scary stuff.

Without parachute money our income looks very much on a par with Peterbrough, Bristol City and Barnsley-time to be afraid if Venkys get even a tiny bit fed up of throwing cash at this

as opposed to racking up millions of debts?

exactly Abbey. Busted flush springs to mind. Really weird to even imagine how this can ever come right financially. Even if by some miracle we did get back up unless they didn't spend a bean and merely look to collect the next batch of parachutes (ie immediate relegation) they would barely recover their outlay/overdraft/debt unless at that point they could sell on to some nutters

A gutting, and utterly needless situation, thanks to the corruption of those formerly at the club, and the owners' negligence.

These graphs just start to highlight why we needed promotion this season - not doom mongering or being harsh on Bowyer, but the financial reality is promotion or being in a very bad place.

Scary stuff indeed.

Archived