SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gillingham away 17.3.18

JHRover

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stuart said:

You’ve never seen our current U23s play, have you? You have no clue about how Tomlinson or Travis or Mols or any of our youngsters play, yet you ask a ‘genuine question’ without really wanting an answer.

And you’ve done exactly what I expected in dismissing my suggestions - hence baiting.

No I haven't, apart from in the checkatrade/cups when theyve been blooded; the purpose of the question was to see if we had any attacking players in the team that could have made a difference on the bench. You are presuming I have an agenda that isnt there. Even if Travis or Tomlinson had been on the bench, I dont see how they would have helped to get a winner at all.

I've given my views on understanding Mowbrays need for experience in general over the home straight, and how results have backed up that notion in the main.

Just now, Tony Diamond Inc said:

Just for the record, I'm having huge fun laughing at you and the rest of the tremblers who can't enjoy one of Rovers' most successful seasons.

Hilarious!

You enjoyed it tonight did you Tony?

Amazing that you and lapdogsteel seem to think smug is the way to go this evening. :wacko: 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Whittingham on the wing is bizarre. I can think of no reason how it helps us offensively or definsivley. Would Antonnson with his running not have been a far better option? How did Whittingham get on out there? 

I thought you watched every game on i-follow?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

No I haven't, apart from in the checkatrade/cups when theyve been blooded; the purpose of the question was to see if we had any attacking players in the team that could have made a difference on the bench. You are presuming I have an agenda that isnt there. Even if Travis or Tomlinson had been on the bench, I dont see how they would have helped to get a winner at all.

I've given my views on understanding Mowbrays need for experience in general over the home straight, and how results have backed up that notion in the main.

But my point was not about striker but an attacking team, formation, style of play, passion. Mowbray does not have it in him. Johnson and Dunn have done exactly that this season against supposedly the top academies in England.

We looked absolutely knackered and devoid of any attacking ideas tonight. It was genuinely like we played for a draw.

Apologies if you didn’t have an agenda with your question. There has been an edge to your posts of late.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Has he? Which game? He's hardly been given a chance.

To be fair, the only 2 real examples I can remember are Hull in the cup, where he appeared totally disinterested, Fleetwood away, where he did little, and Wigan at home when he was totally ineffective.

I would much rather him be in the squad than Samuel, but id rather have Graham or Armstrong down the middle before him.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I'll enjoy it once we've got promoted. You obviously have different standards.

No, I think we share the same footballing ambition. We may have different perspectives on earning a point away from home though, whilst consolidating our place in the automatic promotion berths.

Just now, Stuart said:

But my point was not about striker but an attacking team, formation, style of play, passion. Mowbray does not have it in him. Johnson and Dunn have done exactly that this season against supposedly the top academies in England.

We looked absolutely knackered and devoid of any attacking ideas tonight. It was genuinely like we played for a draw.

Apologies if you didn’t have an agenda with your question. There has been an edge to your posts of late.

If you had to put it in a sentence - we lack energy.  That's been the case for most of the season apart from the odd 25-30 minute purple patch. A bit of youthful enthusiasm in midfield wouldn't go amiss.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes carrying a hamstring injury/muscle fatigue, seems like blaming his relationships/private life are adding 2 and 2 and getting 5.

If hes carrying a knock he shouldnt have been played tonight.

Agreed about not playing if he had a knock, but you’re underestimating the power of women here. It’ll have influence, of that I’m sure - last time it reared its head was earlier in the season when he couldn’t get going at the club. He needs to be back firing on Saturday. On the pitch. 

Just now, Tony Diamond Inc said:

No, I think we share the same footballing ambition. We may have different perspectives on earning a point away from home though, whilst consolidating our place in the automatic promotion berths.

I've already said a point is not a disaster. The pressure is still on Shrewsbury to get a win at Bradford. But I'm not enjoying it. Not one bit. I dread to think what might happen this summer if we don't go up.

Just now, Stuart said:

I only listened to tonight, but from that alone, I can totally understand all criticism for tonights performance, aimed at Mowbray, in fact ive totally agreed on all of that, team selection wrong, subs wrong. If we had to take Dack off due to lack of fitness, you have to leave Graham on, and Evans, Smallwood and Whittingham shouldnt all be on together.

I just feel that it is unfair, within such an excellent run of form, for people to have such grave doubts about our lasting power, and in a season where after 41 games, including the start we had, weve scored 75 goals and have 86 points, for people to be suggesting that Mowbray doesnt have it in him to play attacking football. That said, to add some balance, if we finished 2nd I would be pleased and relieved, but not hailing Mowbray as the messiah.

Im not trying to downplay the achievements of the u23s either, but they are in the second league down to be fair.

Maybe its just the nerves at such a critical stage, im not too sure, because im bricking it.

My point is more to peoples reactions regarding the general picture, not at all to the justified criticism about tonights rubbish.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Whittingham on the wing is bizarre. I can think of no reason how it helps us offensively or definsivley. Would Antonnson with his running not have been a far better option? How did Whittingham get on out there? 

I'm not a big Antonnson fan but if I wanted to actually win the game I'd have brought him on before Whittingham. If I wanted a draw Whittingham would be the more obvious choice.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not a big Antonnson fan but if I wanted to actually win the game I'd have brought him on before Whittingham. If I wanted a draw Whittingham would be the more obvious choice.

I think Whittingham would have been a good sub had it been for one of the middle 2. Leaving all 3 on for me was the strange part.

Archived