BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] PES 2013

Played the demo the last 2 days and have to say it is a huge improvement on last year. It's a tough one because i am enjoying playing it but not sure if it will be worth getting it if I just drop it when FIFA 13 arrives. Very impressed with pes though.

Having played FIFA 13 and PES 13 I view both games as having different strengths and weaknesses. FIFA 13 looks slick, the gameplay has improved and the animations are very lifelike, unfortunately I like to offline a lot and FIFA 13's AI while having improved is still not good enough, the demo that I played which was based on 95% code the AI was better than than FIFA 12 but still not upto scratch, particularly defensive AI which was making far to many basic mistakes. Also teams don't have individual playing styles, in essence it is the same playing against Man Utd as it is against say Swindon Town. However, if you play a lot of online then FIFA 13 is awesome and Utimate Team has improved hugely this season.

PES on the other hand doesn't look as good as FIFA 13, the animations have improved but is still not upto the level that FIFA 13 has reached. But for someone who plays a lot offline then the AI is fantastic, even in the demo you can see that teams have their individual team styles, playing against Barcelona is different to playing against Bayern Munich. Online, Konami say they have improved but I have my doubts.

So i'll be buying both as they each games offer me something different.

I've never been too bothered about the ai in FIFA but that's probably because I'm not very good myself ;)

I do like the way you can cut open a defence in pes and feel like you did it all. In FIFA it feels less natural perhaps.

Was a pes fanboy myself in the ps one an ps2 days. Was utterly gutted with their first ps3 attempt with its frame rate and lag issues and I never really got on board with the series since. It's master league was the main draw for me, while as much as I enjoy FIFA, I just do one off matches because he career mode just isn't that special in my opinion.

Kamy I couldn't see the option to have a traditional master league, only the one with everyone starting off with generic black boots and you having to unlock them which in turn help your stats, which I find unrealistic, am I missing something?

I am playing a master league online and am really enjoying that. The gameplay on FIFA 13 seems far too fast and arcady on comparison. There is no lag online on PES which surprised me considering the fact it's online modes are often criticized, and I have nearly released all of my generic starting squad, I have so far bought Lodeiro, Ait-Fana, Helder Postiga, Romulo, Matic, Planus, Xhaka and Ratyiski plus a few more, the gameplay is top notch.

Unfortunately it is not possible to play a traditional master league. But what I do is not use the boots that I have unlocked, that way the game stays realistic. Yes it's a pain having black boots for every player but I can live with that. Hopefully they will patch it because they know that people don't like it.

I agree RE FIFA, but try these settings, makes the game more realistic:

Difficulty Level - World Class for Home games, Legendary for Away, Derby and cup final games

Game Speed - Slow

CONTROLLER SETTINGS

Manual but Assisted is fine

Auto Switching - Air Balls

Auto Switching Move Assistance - Low

Defending - Tactical Defending

Camera - Co Op

Last updated 30/09/12 - 22:15PM

USER SETTINGS

Sprint Speed- 41

Acceleration - 47

Shot Error - 50

Pass Error - 50

Shot Speed - 47

Pass Speed - 38

Injury Frequency.- 64

Injury Severity - 48

Goalkeeper Ability - 46

Positioning:Marking - 60

Positioning:Run Frequency - 46

Positioning: Line Height - 50

Positioning: Line Length - 35

Positioning: Line Width - 48

Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 57

Power Bar - 60 - (Down to user preferences)

First Touch - 70

CPU SETTINGS

Sprint Speed - 41

Acceleration - 47

Shot Error - 53

Pass Error - 54

Shot Speed - 47

Pass Speed - 38

Injury Frequency.- 64

Injury Severity - 48

Goalkeeper Ability - 46

Positioning:Marking - 60

Positioning:Run Frequency - 46

Positioning: Line Height - 50

Positioning: Line Length - 35

Positioning: Line Width - 48

Positioning: Fullback Positioning -57

First Touch - 70

bought it today, have to say, its gotten even worse than last year, i can't get a hang of the little joystick to move my player, i always use the buttons (this is the xbox version) and the players give the ball away far too much, some how they seem to make it worse every single year

Finding it entirely the opposite. Have hated it for a number of years, and this year think they have finally got it spot on. Played a few multiplayer games with my friends and have to say, the fun element is back. The different types of goals we scored are just incredible.

Not liking the boots thing with master league though, but on BAL it works really well.

Archived