BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why did the Darwen End turn on the Riverside on Monday?

It did not stop loads of us standing up and singing in the JW Upper, and we had banners.

Steward told us to put them away, he was told to go forth and multiply and he disappeared very sharpish.

In the DE a supporter had a 'kean out' banner and the police (not the stewards) tried to confiscate the banner and arrested the lad who had unfurled it.

It's good to hear that from all over the ground people were trying to do their bit though.

In the DE a supporter had a 'kean out' banner and the police (not the stewards) tried to confiscate the banner and arrested the lad who had unfurled it.

It's good to hear that from all over the ground people were trying to do their bit though.

Arresting a lad with a Kean out banner is disgusting, if one gets arrested, all should be arrested with banners surely.

As fans we have the right to voice our opions as we pays our money, or at least we used to have that right.

Newshams another muppet who needs outing, ideas above his station for me.

Its interesting that the policing in the Darwen End was extremely confrontational in the main with police in amongst the fans. In the Bburn end they stood on the track over the fence, and served no purpose whatsoever really, a part from a show of strength at the end of the game which didn’t really work.

I sit in the DE, and although the atmosphere is largely good, it is populated with some bell-ends who can't accept others don't want to sing like they do...

I thought the whole idea of the unrestricted seating in the DE was to promote the singing section. surely if you want to sit quietly there are plenty of other areas of Ewood to go in. It would seem that your reason to be there is purely to save money.

Well I'll let you into something, I stayed sat down on this occasion even though I would have liked to stand up. Reason being that the last time I stood up in the Riverside I was the only one in our bit. Thankfully a few other people stood up but then we were treated to a large bunch of people shouting at us to sit down.

This time I just kept it to singing anti-Kean/Venky's songs as I didn't want to get into a stupid debate again. Good thing too as two guys sat nearby to us stood up and ended up in a big argument with some fans behind saying they couldn't see the game which almost led to steward intervention, but thankfully it calmed before they got to them.

It either works if everyone does it, and if everyone doesn't it just leads to people complaining that they can't see the game. And in the Riverside there's quite a few kids so it's understandable if people's kids can't see the match going on that their parents have paid good money to get them into.

This is exactly as it was in the JW Upper for me. I stood up (as did about ten others in my block) and we were immediately pestered into sitting down by many in my block. Only when it became apparent that we were going to get relegated on the night did people suddenly become interested in protesting against Venkys and Kean. Most lively I've ever see the Jack Walker. :rolleyes:

Arresting a lad with a Kean out banner is disgusting, if one gets arrested, all should be arrested with banners surely.

As fans we have the right to voice our opions as we pays our money, or at least we used to have that right.

Newshams another muppet who needs outing, ideas above his station for me.

Its interesting that the policing in the Darwen End was extremely confrontational in the main with police in amongst the fans. In the Bburn end they stood on the track over the fence, and served no purpose whatsoever really, a part from a show of strength at the end of the game which didn’t really work.

The big difference at the wigan game was the use of banners being viewed as an unlawful act? and police being used to take them down (I have seen the same use of police force at Coventry games where they are also protesting about the owners)

All through this season the police have been stood in the riverside corner of the DE filming/taking pictures. I have spoken to a few policemen about how that act can be seen as irritating/annoying/intimidating but the answer is always the same... 'evidence gathering'. I'm assuming that any act can be viewed as unlawful, especially in a football ground setting, and any 'reasonable' use of force can be used against it with no recourse.

All through this season the police have been stood in the riverside corner of the DE filming/taking pictures. I have spoken to a few policemen about how that act can be seen as irritating/annoying/intimidating but the answer is always the same... 'evidence gathering'. I'm assuming that any act can be viewed as unlawful, especially in a football ground setting, and any 'reasonable' use of force can be used against it with no recourse.

Nothing better to do barry, trying to show they’re earning their money by filming innocent people, simple as that.

Bottom line is the police and stewards failed to stifle the anti kean and anti venkys message that the fans wanted to get across, we struck one back for the real people that matter, the fans.

With the greatest respect... the darwen end (and the BBE) were singing 'stand up...' and the whole of the riverside just sat on their collective arses, this at a time when VISIBLE anti-kean support was needed from every corner of the ground to show the pri@k how everyone felt.

By not standing it could be said (and indeed it was) you were 'supporting' Kean by your collective apathy and that is why the chant of 'your support is f $h1t'.

As for your 'the yellow t shirt brigade' comment... it's nice to see where your loyalties lie.

@nick123... 'angry mob element... small minority'??!!... no Nick, it's called support (the whole reason why the Darwen End is at capacity every game).

@khod... isn't the main point of the Darwen end nowadays to be vocal and as such... if you don't want to sing why be in there? There's plenty more places where you can sit and spectate.

@Tom... predominantly the 'singing' part of the DE is populated by the younger crowd and as such... full of the enthusiasm of youth. Not every chant is going to hit the heights but at least they are there... singing their hearts out.

Just a thought

I'd like to see (when coco the clown gone) all the singers back in the Blackburn End. I thought when away teams had that end, the singers became too dispersed meaning it affected the "at home" atmosphere.

As observed from my perch in JW upper.

Nothing better to do barry, trying to show they’re earning their money by filming innocent people, simple as that.

Bottom line is the police and stewards failed to stifle the anti kean and anti venkys message that the fans wanted to get across, we struck one back for the real people that matter, the fans.

Theres a fat copper who arrested me. He protects little stevie-brown-shoes. It works like this--

One fan near Kean tells him he's 'a disgrace and we all know what him and his friends are upto', then you have one of the medical team(the ones in the green boiler suits)report to fatso pig that theres a naughty fan. Then they wait until half time when you go for a pee and arrest you.

Fatso said there was a report of me swearing(which i hadnt) when i argued with him, he said i was drunk and stuck the cuffs on and him and his mate dragged me out.This happened at the Villa game. Ive only used my season ticket for the Wigan match since.

I wouldnt be surprised if Agnew and Shambles have sneaky little grassers planted all around the ground.

Theres a fat copper who arrested me. He protects little stevie-brown-shoes. It works like this--

One fan near Kean tells him he's 'a disgrace and we all know what him and his friends are upto', then you have one of the medical team(the ones in the green boiler suits)report to fatso pig that theres a naughty fan. Then they wait until half time when you go for a pee and arrest you.

Fatso said there was a report of me swearing(which i hadnt) when i argued with him, he said i was drunk and stuck the cuffs on and him and his mate dragged me out.This happened at the Villa game. Ive only used my season ticket for the Wigan match since.

I wouldnt be surprised if Agnew and Shambles have sneaky little grassers planted all around the ground.

Its easy to call someone drunk and arrest them at football, happened to me several times, only once had I had a drink, buts its your word against the police.

Football fans have no come back, everyone thinks we're guilty by association which is disgusting, but hey ho.....

Anyway we fought back Monday night, the tide has turned in my book.

I actually saw Newsham in town today with his wife shopping, I'm happy to say I showed him more respect than he's shown Rovers fans of late, I didn't have a pop at him, although it took some restraint, I'll sleep well tonight knowing I did the right thing.

Its easy to call someone drunk and arrest them at football, happened to me several times, only once had I had a drink, buts its your word against the police.

Football fans have no come back, everyone thinks we're guilty by association which is disgusting, but hey ho.....

I actually saw Newsham in town today with his wife shopping, I'm happy to say I showed him more respect than he's shown Rovers fans of late, I didn't have a pop at him, although it took some restraint, I'll sleep well tonight knowing I did the right thing.

Thats some restraint Gav, hats off to you, l couldn't have been that restrained since his minions tried to search my son and then he blatantly lied about it to the FF and the Telewag. Scum of the earth that man. If l ever saw him in the flesh l'd tell (ahem) him too.

Thats some restraint Gav, hats off to you, l couldn't have been that restrained since his minions tried to search my son and then he blatantly lied about it to the FF and the Telewag. Scum of the earth that man. If l ever saw him in the flesh l'd tell (ahem) him too.

Something the Brfc Action Group has battled strongly against for months, once again the proof is in the pudding, the "ff and the telewag" will accept the clubs answers and you will hear no more, the Brfc Action Group would have FOUGHT for YOUR RIGHT to an answer, hence why the club spoke to some and not the others, easy ride is the answer, the man even admitted himself ;)

• Moderation Lead

I thought the whole idea of the unrestricted seating in the DE was to promote the singing section. surely if you want to sit quietly there are plenty of other areas of Ewood to go in. It would seem that your reason to be there is purely to save money.

?? I have a 19 game st in there and stand in the singing section (and even join in!), but don't let that cloud your judgment...

Are you within your rights to arrest the steward for assault?? It would be risky doing a citizens arrest on a steward because the cops would probably turn on you, but if it was on CCTV it could be very messy for Newsham.

?? I have a 19 game st in there and stand in the singing section (and even join in!), but don't let that cloud your judgment...

But in your earlier post you stated that some people go in there who may not wish to sing. My point was not directed at you, as I do not know you. But at the fact that the idea of having the unrestricted seating was to attract people into that area who wanted to sing.

Why early on in the game did the fans in the Darwen End decide to have a pop at their Riverside counterparts for not standing up when the Darwen End were singing stand up if you give a @$%£? One of the worst experiences I have had as a Rovers fan, I've had a seson ticket for 25 years and never been as angry with my own "fans" mainly instigated by the yellow tee-shirt brigade unless I'm mistaken.

Do we really need a thread to discuss this ? :rolleyes:

I have sat in the Riverside, since it was built, and this season the Riverside has been mostly silent (as has the BBE)

If you are offended by the 'pop' from the Darwen End, you need to toughen up!

I'm suspicious of your post. Your point about 'yellow t-shirt brigade' makes me wonder what your motive is.

• Moderation Lead

But in your earlier post you stated that some people go in there who may not wish to sing. My point was not directed at you, as I do not know you. But at the fact that the idea of having the unrestricted seating was to attract people into that area who wanted to sing.

Quite possibly yes, but the thing is, if people have gone in there and don't wish to sing, and they sit away from the singing section (ie families) I see no reason they shouldn't be able to do this without being questioned.

Quite possibly yes, but the thing is, if people have gone in there and don't wish to sing, and they sit away from the singing section (ie families) I see no reason they shouldn't be able to do this without being questioned.

Why don't the families go to a different part of the ground, maybe the family stand? I reiterate. I thought that the idea of the unrestricted seating was to encourage a SINGING SECTION. If I am mistaken in this assumption, I stand corrected.

Do we really need a thread to discuss this ? :rolleyes:

I have sat in the Riverside, since it was built, and this season the Riverside has been mostly silent (as has the BBE)

If you are offended by the 'pop' from the Darwen End, you need to toughen up!

I'm suspicious of your post. Your point about 'yellow t-shirt brigade' makes me wonder what your motive is.

I asked earlier for him to elaborate on "the yellow t-shirt brigade" comment ... Still no reply. Why do people start threads slagging people off and then sit back and watch their WUMming reactions,?

You would of done well, John was at Ewood Park all day yesterday over-seeing a charity football competition for Blackburn youth zone, he also went to the evening gala

Archived