BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News comment

More news re:Cameron stiffing Eddie Odie Milliband.

In response to Little Ed's severely misjudged speech to the Party where his pathetically misjudged main thrust to the 'great unwashed' was to promise a parsimonious freeze on energy prices from 2015 to 2017 should New Labour win the election, the electricity companies have responded by raising prices above the rate of inflation AND promising the govt not to do so again until 2015. Effectively Little Eddie's rash promise is doomed to failure along with Little Eddie himself imo. As far as that man is concerned he might lead the Labour party but he is no deep thinker and most definitely no poker player. The unions keaned up bigtime when they stupidly put their puppet in power above big brother David.

Oh well....... ^_^

What has got to do with your opening salvo on the emergency services and the Glasgow incident? Trying to divert the subject I'll wager.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be honest this chopper crash/accident seems to be taking up far to much of the news, maybe im just a cynical theorist but I cant help but wonder what scummy political and world news is slipping under the radar.

T'was ever thus.

• 3 weeks later...

http://cars.aol.co.uk/2013/12/23/exclusive-bus-is-just-the-ticket-for-traffic-cops/?icid=maing-grid7|uk-ws-bb|dl9|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D232401

Kinell! One major villain was peeling an orange and another master criminal was reading a newspaper at traffic lights!!!! Thank flerk we can now all sleep soundly in our beds.

"Insp Shannon, who is charge of roads policing in the area, explained that one of her officers - who held the appropriate licence - drove the bus as others kept an eye on the motorists as they passed."

Bet there were a good few upskirt and cleavage shots being passed around at the station.... or am I being overly judgemental?

Nice to know with all the serious crime around that our money isn't being wasted eh?

• Backroom

http://cars.aol.co.uk/2013/12/23/exclusive-bus-is-just-the-ticket-for-traffic-cops/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl9%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D232401

Kinell! One major villain was peeling an orange and another master criminal was reading a newspaper at traffic lights!

Nice to know with all the serious crime around that our money isn't being wasted by jobsworths.

To be honest, I'm glad about thingslike this if it helps to prevent even one death on the road. The number of lorry drivers I've seen on a laptop at the wheel (including one today in those horrid conditions on the M65) is shocking.

To be honest, I'm glad about thingslike this if it helps to prevent even one death on the road. The number of lorry drivers I've seen on a laptop at the wheel (including one today in those horrid conditions on the M65) is shocking.

They aren't catching those folks, Mike. That would be a good thing.

More often they are catching people who are stationary. It's like the authorities have forgotten about whether or not their is actually a safety issue, and simply lick their fingers and leaf through the rule book.

Easy money.

• 2 weeks later...

I've only just noticed this thread. Astonishing criticism of the emergency services from people who can have no more knowledge of the situation than that which the media outlets chose to publish.

We've so many experts on here it seems the NHS, Fire Service, Police and Ambulance Service could be run very effectively by half a dozen Rovers fans - presumably saving the taxpayer billions into the bargain?

Or was it just a slow news day?

I've only just noticed this thread. Astonishing criticism of the emergency services from people who can have no more knowledge of the situation than that which the media outlets chose to publish. We've so many experts on here it seems the NHS, Fire Service, Police and Ambulance Service could be run very effectively by half a dozen Rovers fans - presumably saving the taxpayer billions into the bargain? Or was it just a slow news day?

If they had been in London during the blitz there'd still be people trapped.

btw I meant it for any news comment.

Well if it's such a big concern to you next time get in the car and go help. You'll get turned away but at least will have a made a gesture.

Or is it just words?

So effectively you are inferring that those trapped people were no concern to you.  Nice.

No I'm suggesting if it is such a big concern to you that in future you actually DO something instead of pontificating about it.

That would make a change wouldn't it?

• Backroom

Scargill vindicated - I wonder how the right wing press win spin that one ?

Also revealed - Thatcher had 120 hair appointments in 12 months, all paid for by the taxpayer of course.

Oh c'mon look at her sodding hair. Same in every picture, how did you not know that?

Scargill vindicated - I wonder how the right wing press win spin that one ?

Also revealed - Thatcher had 120 hair appointments in 12 months, all paid for by the taxpayer of course.

Simple... address the real issue. It was a victory for democracy over communism. Unfortunately for the likes of the communist union leaders at that time democracy = majority rule and not minority one. Screw the 70 odd pits closing and thereby saving the coal for a rainy day we'd be being controlled by a Politburo and secret police by now.

Why do you see communism as Utopia when history proves that it never works?

As for hair appointments Barbara Castle arrived in a chauffeur driven limousine to Ribchesters De Tabley hotel every Sat morning whereupon she dumbed down by changing her hand bag, hat and shoes' and donning a cheap housecoat before being taken in a Ford Anglia or similar to Gillians Hairstylist on Sudell Cross for her weekly 9am appointment followed by her constituency surgery at 10am. So who exactly paid for all that do you think?

Oh c'mon look at her sodding hair. Same in every picture, how did you not know that?

Of course he knew it Mike. Old Jim was a big fan it seems and was the originator of the quote in my sig..... albeit back in his days as a junior reporter. He's changed sides a bit since it seems. My guess is that she rejected the advances of the love struck press hack and it turned him to the dark side.

When The Government start lying through it's teeth as the Thatcher Government did during the miners strike it's democracy that is the loser. Lots of things changed for the worse in this country as a result of that dispute. Just one example - the amount of trust and respect the police and the justice system as a whole lost in those times will never be re-gained.

The actions of the Government at that time brought us nearer a police state than anything the N.U.M. ever did.

I caught a programme on Radio 4 the other day regarding the miners that were "fitted up" at the time. Stones are beginning to be overturned at last, just like Hillsborough, and the worms are crawling out. As in the case of Hillsborough It won't make pretty reading and more than a few coppers who've since attained high rank won't be sleeping easily in their beds.

Thatcher and NCB chairman Ian MacGregor were saying one thing in public and something totally different behind closed doors – they were hell-bent on destroying the mining industry, the NUM and organised labour in general.

These papers mark the time when Britain changed from a genuine democracy to a sham democracy with its own private army of off-duty policemen ready to accomplish whatever the government wished by force.

It was a disgraceful period in our history of which the Thatcher govt should be ashamed.

Thatcher and NCB chairman Ian MacGregor were saying one thing in public and something totally different behind closed doors they were hell-bent on destroying the mining industry, the NUM and organised labour in general.

These papers mark the time when Britain changed from a genuine democracy to a sham democracy with its own private army of off-duty policemen ready to accomplish whatever the government wished by force.

It was a disgraceful period in our history of which the Thatcher govt should be ashamed.

Jim, the writing was on the wall when the first thing the Thatcher Government did was to give huge pay rises to the police, the judiciary and the armed forces. If that wasn't a declaration of intent I don't know what was.

The behaviour of the police at the time was a disgrace. Giving them a free hand in 1984 in my opinion lead directly to the catalogue of abuses that have emerged subsequently.

A good law abiding friend of mine of mine told me " Before the strike if I had seen a copper in trouble in the street I'd have stepped in to help, after the strike I'd just turn round and walk away ".

Archived