BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Birmingham 3-3 (phew)

cn174

i don't rate Emerton.

Andy Gray summed him up on Sunday when he said he doesn't get his head up early enough to see his options.

every time he gets possession he does the same thing - the head goes down and he runs straight at the opponent in front of him at full speed......almost every time he loses possession or at best gets a throw-in.

can someone on the training ground not point out to him that he shouldn't decide what he is going to do before he gets the ball but rather decide when he's actually in possession. this would put a few question marks in the opposition's mind at least.

he has no tricks either - not one.

a carthorse.

What a load of rubbish, sure you are entitled to your opinion but i mean c'mon. Emerton has been either the best player or in our top 3 best players this season. If you atcually got to games (Gray of course doesnt really have a clue about us, he is too busy watching the big boys) then you would see the good level of performance he is putting in tinykit.gif

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't rate Emerton.

Andy Gray summed him up on Sunday when he said he doesn't get his head up early enough to see his options.

every time he gets possession he does the same thing - the head goes down and he runs straight at the opponent in front of him at full speed......almost every time he loses possession or at best gets a throw-in.

can someone on the training ground not point out to him that he shouldn't decide what he is going to do before he gets the ball but rather decide when he's actually in possession. this would put a few question marks in the opposition's mind at least.

he has no tricks either - not one.

a carthorse.

What a load of rubbish, sure you are entitled to your opinion but i mean c'mon. Emerton has been either the best player or in our top 3 best players this season. If you atcually got to games (Gray of course doesnt really have a clue about us, he is too busy watching the big boys) then you would see the good level of performance he is putting in tinykit.gif

top three players in a team thats 20th, can't be doing too great, I think he's right that Emerton sometimes lack that final ball, but he's doing better then last season

watch him tomorrow.

it never even enters his mind that he could look for a pass BEFORE running at least ten yards with the ball.

if he would only take a wee bit of time to assess his options he would do a lot better imho.

Yep, i was at the game and i still think what you wrote was crap.

Since the spitting thread got pulled, best place for this seems to be here.

Spitting in football

I draw your attention to the following:

Steve Bruce said:

"He spat in Gudjonsson's direction at the floor in disgust at him over what he had called him and what he had said. It was like a Gallic gesture."

The ability of Steve Bruce to make himself look a cretin knows no bounds ...

Edited by Bryan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.