SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Convicts Return

Timmy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't really make a post-win post, so here it is. Obviously was elated with the result. Any hope of saving the game most probably went on day three, when Australia made it to lunch with one wicket in hand.

I thought the English bowlers were pretty good, and if the batsmen had done their job, and the fielders taken their catches, the bowlers would have at least kept the target within reach.

So, if the batsmen get it together, then England are not out of this by any stretch of the imagination.

I hope not though!

Aye but in Jones' case you'll never be able to polish a turd ohmy.gif

335707[/snapback]

The aussies seem to manage it! found a few diamonds in those turds though!

The golden age, when all the old aussies finally call it a day!

At least their losing alot more matches than they used to, the transitional period in world cricket. Look what happened to the west indies! To go back to the turd analagy, every dog has it's day!

Will andy symonds be in attendance at his home ground on thursday? huh.gif

Who are the Australians getting to replace Farrina?

Its a long shot but properly coached, Australia have enough soccer talent to challenge the fifth best Latin Americans.

As for the cricket, England have selected the same team and will get the same result.

I can't see england putting collingwood in the squad and not picking him for the team on thursday

336156[/snapback]

Yep, I agree. He will be the one change to the team, and I reckon he could make a difference. Again... hope not!

I'd gladly swap an Ashes series for a Football World Cup Qualification.

336133[/snapback]

Well we do have a few to bargain with tongue.gif , but seriously, football at the international level is one of the very few sports (not sure of our croquet world standing) Australia hasnt been a major player in, be it world champs or just plain dominators. sad.gif

getting in your excusses already?

336234[/snapback]

What are you trying to say?? We will qualify for WC, but only because a freak of nature prevents us from KICKING YOUR ARSE and we lose the ashes. Or, the way of things will not change and we beat you again, but we dont qualify for WC??

getting in your excusses already?

336234[/snapback]

As I stated earlier in this thread, I'm not getting worked up about the result. As long as the cricket is close and entertaining I don't really care who wins.

Personally, I think its good for the game, and good for the Australian team to lose a series every now and then. It keeps them on their toes, and (hopefully) keeps them humble.

What are you trying to say??  We will qualify for WC, but only because a freak of nature prevents us from KICKING YOUR ARSE and we lose the ashes. Or, the way of things will not change and we beat you again, but we dont qualify for WC??

336349[/snapback]

By the sounds of it, if Freddie shouts Boo! loud enough all your team will be legging it to hide behind their mummies legs.

wusses laugh.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.