SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Convicts Return

Timmy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopped watching a couple of times and twice I've turned over to see a new batsman being introduced on-screen. I think I shall repeat the process.

If these guys are skittled over quickly then the target is makeable but unlikely. I haven't seen enough from our top order to suggest that they can do this, but it wouldn't be impossible. Australia have to be big favourites.

I don't know why you are all so negative... there is going to be at least two days, rain excluded, for England to chase down any target. I won't feel happy if Australia cannot bat two more sessions and set ... well, Gilchrist gone now... I was just about to say, set a 450+ run target. What is going on with Gilchrist and Ponting? sad.gif

i just dont have the confidence in Englands top order to get anwhere near the runs required. The openers and vaughn along with freddy have done absolutely sod all with the bat this summer.....heres hoping they prove me wrong!!

I'm pretty confident that we can do it. They have shown they can bat against Mcgrath in the one day matches. Pietersen batted well against him briefly this morning. There's plenty of time for England to get the runs. I've got a feeling Strauss is going to be the hero!

Come On England!

Been addicted to stick cricket over the last week or so! Quality game!

StickCricket.com

We only have a chance if we can bowl the aussies out by lunch tomorrow at the latest.

The wicket is apalling, and getting worse as the game porgresses.

Heres hoping that robot bowler cant keep this rate up for long!

on a side note i dont actually think that winning the first test is so important for England. Obviously it would be nice to win for confidence but i can see the Aussie attack tiring towards the end of the series, especially with the back to back tests and so i think so long as we're still in itby the fourth test then we can definately do it!

Also have to take into consideration how test cricket has changed over recent years. Teams score more runs generally, and the runs they do score they certainly score faster. Bigger targets are becoming more and more attainable. Now if we could avoid our second innings turning into the McGrath show like the first did I think we'd be alright.

The crunch is ripping out the Australian tail. This morning is all about holding catches and taking the run out opportunities. If the England performance in the field hadn't been so weak yesterday, this match would be extremely winnable.

Instead, assuming the target is 50 runs on from the Australian over night score, the second innings will be the supreme test of the England batting.

More than likely - Ive got my head dress on and just off to start prancing around in the garden

However this England team is the one most likely to do it (other than the Aussies anyway)

If Trescothic/Straus/Vaughn actually get in and score some runs - who knows. Flintoff is due a big score too.

Poor Jones. He must have had half a mind to drop that after the help (or lack of) he has had from Flintoff and Geraint. I don't give England much chance of chasing now. They had a chance overnight if the last three wickets fell cheaply but Katich played brilliantly and the tailenders survived off a combination of good play and inept fielding.

Sad to say, but rain may well have to be the twelvth man. It's a shameful thing to look to but if the top order collapse again then we won't stand a chance.

There's always the chance that the world class upper order will pull through for England. 400 runs is not impossible. However, you have to worry chasing 400 when we couldn't chase 200 in the 1st.

Edited by bellamy11

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.