SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Squirrels

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

pfft by a "real gun" I presume that you mean a handgun well that'll be useless because its:

1) Unsporting; and

2) Pointless because except in films, you wont be able to hit anything more than 5m away unless you throw the pistol at the squirrel

you want a rifle, but you might as well just get a high powered air rifle or catapult because they're cheaper, easier to use, more accurate and make less noise, so you might be able to get more than one before they realise.

We've got squirells breaking into houses round here. Once in Erdington, always in Erdington

pfft by a "real gun" I presume that you mean a handgun

Hand gun? bowlox... I mean a 12 bore shotgun!

Vermin probs in the past and I just used to borrow one. Now borrowing a shotgun for a day or two to exterminate damaging vermin is considered on a par with hijacking planes and flying em into buildings, 1st degree murder and driving at 35mph.

Edited by thenodrog

Vermin probs in the past and I just used to borrow one. Now borrowing a shotgun for a day or two to exterminate damaging vermin is considered on a par with hijacking planes and flying em into buildings, 1st degree murder and driving at 35mph.

Shotgun!! You sissy! What you need is a MG42, Prairie Dogs don't stand a chance, its like shooting Prairie Dogs........ in a prairie.

The largest overkill I have ever seen though was just outside of Fallujah some of the boys from the 1st Marine Division, 1st Tank Battalion noticed a dog (some ugly flea ridden mix bread) running up to them with a satchel strapped to its back, a main gun round from a M1A1 Abrams 120 mm smooth-bore cannon doesn't even leave blood behind.

Yeah because that happens.

A Shotgun? talk about making it easy for your self, you big wuss, use a long barrell, it takes skill and not just being able to point the weapon in the general direction of the target

you want to use one of these

SoldierTech_Barrett50_lg.jpg

Will get rid of any vermin problem, and possibly most of next doors wall

Yeah because that happens.

A Shotgun? talk about making it easy for your self, you big wuss, use a long barrell, it takes skill and not just being able to point the weapon in the general direction of the target

you want to use one of these

SoldierTech_Barrett50_lg.jpg

Will get rid of any vermin problem, and possibly most of next doors wall

OK Flopsy but you need to tell me what it is called then I can drive to Moss Side this evening to pick one up.

Edited by thenodrog

• 4 months later...
Saw one Thurs morning on Bolton Road paws up - is the tide turning?

:brfc:

It's a scam,

The one lying in the road is a decoy. They prey on unsuspecting motorists. Those fool hardy drivers who stop to look, get mugged by the remainder of the pack, who have been laying in wait behind walls, bins and up trees.

Another scam that you need to watch out for, is emails from the Fernhurst area claiming to be collecting funds for Nigera. It would appear that the squirrels have tapped into new broadband cables in the area, which why many subscribers in the area have slow connections.

It's a scam,

The one lying in the road is a decoy. They prey on unsuspecting motorists. Those fool hardy drivers who stop to look, get mugged by the remainder of the pack, who have been laying in wait behind walls, bins and up trees.

It's a daft but brave bgugger then..... If there's a fresh dead one in the road I usually try to squish em properly!

• 8 months later...

No squirrels recently. This winter's visitors are rats looking for a new residence during the recent cold spell. Tip -underneath decking and raised flower beds make excellent dwelling places. Fortunately Colin from the council's pest control department kills the blighters for free.

Edited by MCMC1875

Fortunately Colin from the council's pest control department kills the blighters for free.

That's not me BTW. When I see a rat I scream & stand on a chair. I'm OK with cameras though. I just pucker up.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.