BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Drugs

Hows this for summary justice ?

Local druggie steals some money off a so claled friend from down near the drop out area of Preston. He then goes and seeks solace in the form of heroin but does not tell his two friends who are with him that he has already scored.

All three take a walk for the day via moor nook and so on and end up on the Lane, Preston. druggie then says to mates, over here lets all share this bag. All three go off out of sight, druggie 1 (the one with the bag) cooks it up on druggie 2's spoon and his own citric acid. But in greed, just as they are all about to dig in with their own needles, druggie one decides f$$k it, its all mine, and draws all the spoon and injects it straight into his arm.

other 2 druggies are aghast, upset and jealous, watch as the heroin takes over and promptly sends druggie 1 into oblivion, his eyes roll, his lips go blue and he collapses and sinks into a coma. Druggie 2 and 3 both render assitance but not before druggie 2 recovers his own spoon and citric acid.

however, its too late, death comes quickly and druggie 1 is soon off to the mortuary.

So there you are, a real true story. sad but all too familiar in this day and age.

Are you upset about the fact that some kid was possibly getting his end away with his teacher and outraged at the abuse of position (so to speak)

or the fact that the kid was possibly getting his end away with his teacher and you never did when you were at school? wink.gif

Saw this on the Beeb Online yesterday Leah Betts

Just to add something else to the debat- ecstacy has already been pointed out to be alot less dangerous, at least in the short term (the results for the long term have not come in yet as widespread use only started in the eighties), than alcohol.

360384[/snapback]

The health problem with ecstasy mainly comes from the potential for it to be mixed with more harmful things. It is possible to 'drown' yourself...the production of urine can be affected, add that to the constant feeling of needing fluids and there is the potential for people to drink more water than their body can handle. This happened in the infamous 1996 incident when a schoolgirl died after taking a pill...and her friends kept giving her water to make her better. dry.gif (edit: just realised I was referencing Flopsy's link there, should really read to the end before replying.)

I think ecstasy is one case that supports the argument for legalisation of drugs...I'm sure that government controlled 'products' would be much safer, in fact it would probably just be the pure MDMA form rather than mixed at all. The same argument is often used for the legalisation of cannabis, although poor versions of that rarely cause people to die (if at all).

Edited by LeChuck

from the scuttlebutt I heard about Betts' death was that her parents (not her friends) poured 8 pints of water down her throat and killed her. A tradgedy that would have been avoided if

a) Betts hadnt taken a pill

b ) People new enough about drugs to recognise problems and to deal with them. Threatening death or jail for 60 years isnt going to stop it, in fact it will just push deeper underground and kids will still do it because its "fun" and "daring"

There was a conversation on 5 Live with Simon Mayo last week - I am endeavouring to find the link

The same argument is often used for the legalisation of cannabis, although poor versions of that rarely cause people to die (if at all).

362031[/snapback]

Cannabis is one of the few drugs that you can never 'overdose' on; even with clinically induced high amounts (i.e. not possible to achieve by smoking or eating it) in experiments. This puts it apart from other drugs including caffeine.

The health problem with ecstasy mainly comes from the potential for it to be mixed with more harmful things.  It is possible to 'drown' yourself...the production of urine can be affected, add that to the constant feeling of needing fluids and there is the potential for people to drink more water than their body can handle.  This happened in the infamous 1996 incident when a schoolgirl died after taking a pill...and her friends kept giving her water to make her better.  dry.gif  (edit: just realised I was referencing Flopsy's link there, should really read to the end before replying.)

I think ecstasy is one case that supports the argument for legalisation of drugs...I'm sure that government controlled 'products' would be much safer, in fact it would probably just be the pure MDMA form rather than mixed at all.  The same argument is often used for the legalisation of cannabis, although poor versions of that rarely cause people to die (if at all).

362031[/snapback]

Ecstacy stops you p!ssing. Dehydration is definately the biggest problem with that drug

Rubbish

You think you only dehydrate because you 'dance like fools'. It stops your brain properly judging body temperature, makes you think you need a p!ss when you dont (and look like a fool).

Personally I cant say I ever felt majorly dehydrated etc and stayed on pints.

By the way, this is in no way gloating or anything just cos i realised all the 'danger hype' wasnt all it was made out to be.

Edited by dan_mark_furness

and thats the problem - people know they arent going to die after one pill (well not unless they are incredibly unlucky) and that the people who die are the ones who are foolish and dont know to rest, drink fluid etc. The vast majority know enough people who've taken it and the worst that happend was a come down

And weeing dehydrates you - not not weeing btw. Being unable to pee is more a sign of dehydration not a cause.

because they're know how to deal with the effects of the pill and to cope accordingly.

Those who die either have pills that have been cut with rat poison or have downed 16 pills been on the go for 6 nights, not drunk enough fluid, knock their heart rate through the roof and die of heat stroke, heat exhaustion and dehydration. Because they dont sit down and chill out for a bit, top up lost fluids let their heart rate settle. Instead they just carry on till they drop.

Pissing or not pissing has nothing to do with it

Ecstacy stops you p!ssing. Dehydration is definately the biggest problem with that drug

362583[/snapback]

I did say that first part, only more eloquently (if I may say so myself).

The second part I don't really agree with, I know the body is constantly wanting water...but that doesn't mean it NEEDS water. Having too much is a far greater danger than having too little in this case.

because they're know how to deal with the effects of the pill and to cope accordingly.

Those who die either have pills that have been cut with rat poison or have downed 16 pills been on the go for 6 nights, not drunk enough fluid, knock their heart rate through the roof and die of heat stroke, heat exhaustion and dehydration. Because they dont sit down and chill out for a bit, top up lost fluids let their heart rate settle. Instead they just carry on till they drop.

Pissing or not pissing has nothing to do with it

362639[/snapback]

Every pill is cut with other things, every single one. If you had a 100% pure pill (or MDMA) you'd be absolutely knocked for 6 and probably up with Neil Armstrong for hours!!!. Its all about chances, I have done it for more than 2 nights on the trot and been fine, and carried on drinking beer and doing whatever else. Its all luck matey, some more lucky than others

Dont touch the damn things

Every pill is cut with other things, every single one. If you had a 100% pure pill (or MDMA) you'd be absolutely knocked for 6 and probably up with Neil Armstrong for hours!!!. Its all about chances, I have done it for more than 2 nights on the trot and been fine, and carried on drinking beer and doing whatever else. Its all luck matey, some more lucky than others

Dont touch the damn things

362751[/snapback]

That's what Im going to do as well. Take drugs, have a brilliant time, get bored and then tell people to stay off them!

Makes perfect sense!

The only difference between illegal drugs and legals ones is the Government. And they know everything!

Think for yourself, do what you like, be safe and most of all, enjoy yourself!

peace out

I have done it for more than 2 nights on the trot and been fine, and carried on drinking beer

Dan, not sure if you are suggesting that beer is a solution to dehydration but beer/alcohol is a diuretic = makes you pee, therefore makes you dehydrated. Hence the pint of water before bedtime to stave off the overhang.

Is that all it takes to loose the overhang??

I should be an Adonis in the morning then! biggrin.gif

363355[/snapback]

biggrin.gif Indeed, just one pint of water before you retire and you will wake up in the morning to a perspiring Kelly Brook begging for more.

"Sorry Kelly," you'll say "I've got a marathon to run, I'll be back in about three hours, keep the bed warm love."

And in fact you'll be back, after running the marathon, and you will satisfy Ms Brook to her heart's desire. Then she'll cook you a fried egg sandwich. Naked.

And it'll be all down to that pint of water.

absolute crud, this government know only one thing, and that is how to rob people of their hard earned cash mad.gif

363351[/snapback]

If I was going to pick out a single point of view which makes me weep then this has to be it.

The government makes the whole bloody country work, without it the whole fabric of society would fall apart. If you feel strongly about it, join it. Become a civil servant or lobby to be an MP so you can improve things with your superior assessment of ideal governance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.