BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Drugs

Alcohol is as terrible as anything else if taken in excess, whilst nicotine is as addictive as heroin. So why are they not treated in the same way as the other stuff?. Drinking, and the related violence and health problems are as big a problem in society as drugs, but there are no calls to ban alcohol.

Anyway, alcohol, heroin, cigarettes are all bad for you, and people are going to find and abuse them if they're legal or illegal. You cannot destroy the market for these substances. Perhaps, some sort of licensing system as is the case with guns can be introduced, and tokens for X amount of these substances for an individual could be introduced, backed up with incredibly harsh sentancing for those who break the rules (e.g. dealers, parents giving it to their kids getting 20 years with no early release). It may just work, which is a lot more than things are at the moment.

I was in Bedford town centre a few weeks ago, on a bench, minding my own business, and there were these two girls. I was having a bit of a look as both of them were good looking, and they sat on the bench behind me talking away. Anyway, they pull out some bits of paper and start sniffing it. Now I'm there, thinking 'either they love the smell of paper, or there is some Colombian party powder there'. My thoughts were correct, they were snorting coke on a park bench in full view of everyone, in an area where police regularly go past either on foot or in a car at night. Now if people are that open, then why then something is wrong. Stronger sentancing will discourage some, but its so deeply ingrained people will take the risk.

Like I said ...badly educated and impressionable kids easily fall into the habit <_<

Or maybe just curious, ever thought about that? I was well educated on them, did it stop me trying? no.

Id be curious to find out just how many on here who have a go at ppl who have tried drugs, have tried themselves

I haven`t really paid much attention to this thread (not read the last 10 pages entirely) but i just want to add my tuppenneth & say i have no time whatsoever for anybody who uses drugs. These are my reasons;....

An ex-girlfriend who lived with me is now a heroin addict & has completely f#####-up her life.

She has two kids, who are bringing themselves up & are on the 'at risk' register.

She`s been in prison a couple of times recently (for what? i don`t know??)

She (& husband) are classed as a DOS (drink on site...methodone) by the local chemists......so they can`t sell it.

All in all, a very sad case. :(

Before we split, she used to enjoy the odd spliff with her mates......although never in front of me (cos she knew i dissapproved). After our split, she got in with a guy who was into heavier stuff...

I didn`t see her for a couple of years, but heard on the grapevine she`d gotten into drugs in quite a big way. When i finally did bump into her, i was totally shocked at how she looked. This beautiful young girl i`d once been out with was now a gaunt, grey, skeletal figure, with a terrible complextion, dull hair & a look of what i can only describe as "hard"......the typical look of a junky. Her family are totally devastated with the path she`s chosen (as are her old friends) & have told me the kids are always hungry, but every time they`ve bailed her out financially, she`s just gone & spent it on smack (or whatever she`s on)

I`m probably rambling on a bit (as usual) but my reason for posting this is to say, drugs ruin peoples lives, not just your own, but everyone around you as well (kids,parents,family,friends)

...So why do i have no time whatsoever for people who take drugs?.....because i feel they`re selfish.

Every junky started out "just having a laugh"

Or maybe just curious, ever thought about that? I was well educated on them, did it stop me trying? no.

Id be curious to find out just how many on here who have a go at ppl who have tried drugs, have tried themselves

exactly

i once put a thread on another forum saying i bet half of you lot have taken drugs, loads responded saying no no, obviously the ones that didnt

then set up a poll, and the results were almost 50/50

exactly

i once put a thread on another forum saying i bet half of you lot have taken drugs, loads responded saying no no, obviously the ones that didnt

then set up a poll, and the results were almost 50/50

There's a difference between those who have tried drugs and those who continue to go on trying drugs.

I`m probably rambling on a bit (as usual) but my reason for posting this is to say, drugs ruin peoples lives, not just your own, but everyone around you as well (kids,parents,family,friends)

...So why do i have no time whatsoever for people who take drugs?.....because i feel they`re selfish.

Every junky started out "just having a laugh"

Cletus ; I've seen the same thing myself first hand and what bugs me are the "head in the clouds brigade" who think that legalising drugs will somehow help solve the problem . It won't make the slightest bit of difference to those taking the drugs or to those who have to pick up the pieces .

I , too , used to have a girlfriend who started out on cannabis and then graduated on to speed . Result ? A total personality change and a waste of a life . Another lady I know has a smack head junkie as a daughter and is obliged to spend her entire life forever sorting out the resulting family problems . The result ? Many more than just one life lost to drugs .

• 3 months later...

The dreadful serial killings over the last couple of weeks in Ipswich illustrate (amongst other things) the scourge of drugs.

Watching the news reports on television, it appears that the girls who were killed had heroin problems and were out at night selling their body to feed their drug habits.

Without heroin, there would be less prostitution and less crime. I hope that the psychopath in Ipswich is caught soon before he strikes again. A secondary issue is that the police need to do all they can to tackle the menace of heroin which is blighting so many people's lives.

There's a story in today's LET about an Asian "Mr Big" from Blackburn who has made literally millions from supplying heroin - along with money laundering.

LINK HERE

(Note: LET links sometimes don't last longer than a day before changing to another news story)

There's a story in today's LET about an Asian "Mr Big" from Blackburn who has made literally millions from supplying heroin - along with money laundering.

Does the fact he is Asian have any relevance except to reinforce your racist agenda ?

I sincerely hope the Ipswich maniac is caught soon and also sincerely hope he is white and local.

Another schoolboy composition from little Lord Rothermere on the evils of immigration would be too much to bear.

The dreadful serial killings over the last couple of weeks in Ipswich illustrate (amongst other things) the scourge of drugs.

Watching the news reports on television, it appears that the girls who were killed had heroin problems and were out at night selling their body to feed their drug habits.

Without heroin, there would be less prostitution and less crime. I hope that the psychopath in Ipswich is caught soon before he strikes again. A secondary issue is that the police need to do all they can to tackle the menace of heroin which is blighting so many people's lives.

I don't know if we are yet doing nominations for "Posts Of The Year Awards" but if there is a catagory for "Most Insensitive & Tasteless" then I'd like to nominate this one.

Without heroin, there would be less prostitution and less crime.

I don't necessarily agree aesf. The laws of supply and demand dictate that the problem would remain but it would be more costly than the price of a fix.

I have been promoted at work and will be taking Microsoft Exams next year.

Thanks for that snippet. Well done, I'm sure that everybody on here is really pleased for you Trig....... ooops sorry err Bucky. :tu:

Does the fact he is Asian have any relevance?

I sincerely hope the Ipswich maniac is caught soon and also sincerely hope he is white and local.

1. Depends whether dealing in drugs is OK or not in the Koran. That doctrine (when it suits) appears to rule all their lives doesn't it?

2. Why does 'white and local' matter one jot?

Probably because Jim hopes that this isn't another opportunity for the right to use something like this as a reason why we shouldn't have immigrants and why muslims are evil. The likes of yourself and AESF will have a field day if he turns out to be a muslim, if he is a white man from Ipswich then it will simply be written off as one psycho who doesn't reflect the entire society.

I don't necessarily agree aesf. The laws of supply and demand dictate that the problem would remain but it would be more costly than the price of a fix.

Thanks for that snippet. Well done, I'm sure that everybody on here is really pleased for you Trig....... ooops sorry err Bucky. :tu:

1. Depends whether dealing in drugs is OK or not in the Koran. That doctrine (when it suits) appears to rule all their lives doesn't it?

2. Why does 'white and local' matter one jot?

You are a vile character.

And a chicken for never trying drugs. You have missed out.

Maybe if you dropped a few Es you would develop some empathy.

but they do now you're old and gormless ;)

They had prostitution before Heroin AESF.

What happens to a lot of working girls is that, especially with the foriegn trafficked girls, that they are forcibly injected with just enough Heroin to get them addicted and therefore they need to work the streets to get their fix.

It will be interesting to see whether this leads to the legalisation/decriminalisation of prostitution.

Without heroin, there would be less prostitution and less crime.

Heroin exists and it's not going to go away. We either deal with it or put our heads in the sands. I'd suggest hoping that in some fantasy version of the UK that it would disappear is acting like an ostrich at the beach.

Even eradicating heroin would not make much difference to poverty. It would still exist just as always.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.