BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gmail

I've just read whilst on gmail, that in the UK they are no longer issuing @gmail.com acconts, because some company claims to have copyright over the name. Now you have to get an @googlemail.com accont until the issue is resolved.

I dunno whether there was a gmail before google set it up, but if they can prove their case in court saying that google stole their name, they could make a few bob out of it!

I've just read whilst on gmail, that in the UK they are no longer issuing @gmail.com acconts, because some company claims to have copyright over the name. Now you have to get an @googlemail.com accont until the issue is resolved.

I dunno whether there was a gmail before google set it up, but if they can prove their case in court saying that google stole their name, they could make a few bob out of it!

354310[/snapback]

Ooo bugger unsure.gif

• 4 weeks later...

my first impressions of gmail are good. its funny to go on the main page and see your inbox growing. i think theyre right when they say you wont ever have to delete anything again.

a question for anyone who has been using it for a while: how much spam do you get? in the past whenever i've used popular providers after a while i usually get loads of crap.

and i circumvented the @googlemail.com thing tongue.gif @gmail.com seems somehow better, although im not sure why.

The capacity is good for a free account and it files in a different way to ordinary e-mail.

I understand that new UK and German addresses have to be your.name@googlemail.com.

However, since the change, I have issued invitations from Malta to people in the UK and they have got your.name@gmail.com addresses.

• 9 months later...

How long does gmail take to load up, and is it flooded with adverts.

Im using a web based email, and it takes ages to load and it is flooded with all the usual advertizing banners.

Gmail is pretty quick at loading up.

There are adverts which appear on the right hand side but they aren't graphical so you hardly notice. They're ones like below - just text links on the right:

IPB Image

If you want Alan I'll send you an invite to gmail so you can see for yourself

Edited by cn174

• 8 months later...

My interent service is provided by AOL. Had it for 4 years, and looks rather expensive now by comparison.

If I change to someone else, will I still be able to use my AOL inbox? All my stuff is set up for that see.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.