BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sensible Soccer Returns

Guest Kamy100

Can`t stand all the FIFA and PES sophistication of gameplay. I dont want to have to learn what button to press for left hand ,low shot with swerve and/or after touch blah blah blah.

I wanna jump on, hit go and start playing footy. Sensible Soccer is/was the most playable of all soccer games. End of debate. Even on the MegaDrive. It`s never been bettered. Agree with the Playstation version-it was riddled with bugs, a really big let down was that.

Hope the PS2 version is as good as the Amiga one.

On a more important note that mega drive thing has Cannon Fodder the finest war game EVER!!!

On Subject I always loved Sensi esp SWOS but that excuse of a game for the 98 version which was in 3D was awful. Id love it if they could recreate the simplicity like the interview leans towards you could play the original with ONE fire button and you could create some of the finest passing movements ever. I just hope they don't put commentry in cos I loved commentating along to SWOS when I was 12

Don't get me wrong....I love Sensi, however Kick Off 2 came out two years before Sensi and was everybit as playable!!!

359718[/snapback]

I'm one of the few who loved both, but Sensi coming out a bit later enabled them to get the best out of the ST/Amiga and come up with some new tricks. Dino Dini tried to better the Kick OFf games with Goal, but in the end, the Sensible lot had just come up with as near to a perfect 16bit game as you could find.

May just get the Megadrive version tho if it has Cannon Fodder on it... Still remember a cross over version of Sensi Soccer they did as a demo where you played football with a grenade.

Speaking of Goal!, I was a massive fan of that. Had it on my Amiga and played it for hours upon hours. Had another go about a year ago, and it just seemed awful. It's amazing to think how far games have come in 10/15 years.

This Sensi looks interesting, but somethimes things need to be left in the past where they are best remembered.

Goal was a great game too, but not in the same league as sensi - as I'm sure you'd agree.

I could pick up SS or SWOS, play it, and enjoy it for hours and hours.

I'm excited about this, but I hope they do it properly - as Bellamy says, there are some things better left in ther past.

• 4 months later...
First video of the new sensi game:

http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=263&s=l

400145[/snapback]

It's really sad but I found myself singing along to the music. I really did play Sensi Soccer far too much when I was younger.

This new version does look quite fun. I wonder how long the fun will last before people go back to PES/FIFA?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.