BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sensible Soccer Returns

Guest Kamy100

That game looks crud. Won't pull me away from pro evo any time soon. The goalkeepers suck and the passing and shootings really weird.

400636[/snapback]

Remember, sensi was NEVER about the graphics - it was ALWAYS about the gameplay

Sometimes the simplest of games can be awsome

Played the old one (mega drive), found it hard to play and it had very strange controls.

401087[/snapback]

Ah well, you needed to have played it on the Amiga. Absolute classic. And I'm not sure what problem you had with the controls, there was only directions and one fire button. Not of this namby pamby 15 thousand button combinations you get these days.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll probably get it but I doubt it will be anything like the original sensi and I also doubt the game mechanics will come close to evo. Sorry to be a wet blanket but I think sensi will be be neither as addictive as the original nor as playable as Evo. Hope I'm wrong tho.

Still I've always been a KO2 fan myself and the greatest footy game from that era was in the arcades - Tekken World Cup (the one with the rollerball). 20p a go in Blackpools funland - ahh memories. cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

didn't Sensible Soccer try a 3D version a while back? I have vague memories of it on the PC... it was never as good as SWOS on the amiga tho - our flat at uni in 98 had an amiga in the lounge soley for SWOS playing biggrin.gif

if they can make it as good as that, then it will have equalled the best football game ever.

I played it yesterday (its on this months PS2 mag demo disk) You only get to play a half but I had a few goes to give it a good run.

When I first picked it up I loved it and to be fair it plays pretty much the same but with tweaked graphics and the odd player animation however, I got really bored very quickly which was a shame because I wish I had left its memory a happy one. Its like watching your fav kids cartoon He-man after all these years only to realise that the person you once looked up to is actually a great big bender.

Leave the happy memories in the past where they belong - thats what I say.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's been released and I'm impressed. For the price you can't go wrong. (I just wish I hadn't shelled out the business end of 500 quid for my xbox 360.

I've never been one for long posts so here's my quick review... (the PC version)

Is it worth buying?

Hell yes, especially for the price. The graphics are simplistic and I thought they could have put a bit more effort in on that front but it's too much fun for it to matter. Woudnt have bothered with the big heads though - would just have put one on Bellers.

Is it as good as Evo?

No comparison but it certainly beats any FIFA game <spit> hands down. To sit down, play a football simulation and get absorbed in the game and gloat at your mate when you score the only goal of the game in injury time after faffing about in the middle of the park for 90 minutes, play evo. If you want a kickabout, jumpers for goal posts, dog doo on the ball, getting your mate to head it etc... (and endless more Fast Show quotes to boot) play Sensi 06. It's just as much fun.

Does it play well?

It's so simple even a dingle could play it. And you don't even need to like footy to enjoy it (although I can't understand anyone who doesn't) The physics are basically a straight port of the original sensi although additionally Offsides have been added and the "snap shots" you can do are immensely satisfying. You can move your wall and also control your keeper when it's one on one. Ball bustingly amusing when playing a mate.

Is it as good as Sensi?

It IS sensi with a few extra bells and whistles on it. I think they've gauged it just right - fans of sensi won't be dissapponted but it's also a welcome relief for those players that suck at evo. All we need now is an online version which I suspect won't be too far away.

To close....

Sensi has joined the premier league of footy games - just like our boys in Blue and White, it punches well above it's weight and bites hard enough for the big boys to sit up and take notice.

:brfc::brfc:

I missed the whole Sensible Soccer craze. As I probably haven't mentioned before, I'm still a big Super Nintendo fan and I've gone and paid $10 for Sensible Soccer for the SNES. Will try it out and see how it goes.

I can't believe that anyone isn't raving about how good International Superstar Soccer Deluxe was on the SNES (not sure if it was on other consoles). It might have been because there was a fierce rivalry between my brother, uncle, and his brother-in-law, though. I still play it on occasion. Never get bored of it, but I'm firmly a PES fan now.

I missed the whole Sensible Soccer craze. As I probably haven't mentioned before, I'm still a big Super Nintendo fan and I've gone and paid $10 for Sensible Soccer for the SNES. Will try it out and see how it goes.

I can't believe that anyone isn't raving about how good International Superstar Soccer Deluxe was on the SNES (not sure if it was on other consoles). It might have been because there was a fierce rivalry between my brother, uncle, and his brother-in-law, though. I still play it on occasion. Never get bored of it, but I'm firmly a PES fan now.

The best footy game on the snes was Striker however, they tried to remake it and it was rubbish

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.