BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sven Caught Again

vyeo

Capello is one of the best defensive coaches in the world, and has had a lot of success the last few years.. not sure if he'd leave Juventus for England though.

385364[/snapback]

Italian football and English are two very different styles. Capello would be asking some players to do stuff they are no good at and asking others to not attempt stuff they are good at. Worlds would collide. Anyway who the hell wants to watch Italian style footy played by an English team?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Italian football and English are two very different styles.  Capello would be asking some players to do stuff they are no good at and asking others to not attempt stuff they are good at.  Worlds would collide.  Anyway who the hell wants to watch Italian style footy played by an English team?

385377[/snapback]

well imo italian football has been quite successful over the years huh.gif

well imo italian football has been quite successful over the years huh.gif

385401[/snapback]

Not for quite a few years now. Italian football is in crisis.

Six serie A clubs average gate is less than 10k. Even the mighty Juve are only averaging 28k this season.

Off topic, I know, I'll get me coat.

Capello is one of the best defensive coaches in the world, and has had a lot of success the last few years.. not sure if he'd leave Juventus for England though.

385364[/snapback]

I am aware of his exploits, I just asked is he better then Sven.

I think if anything Sven is a much better attacking manager and suits the English player style better

Not for quite a few years now. Italian football is in crisis.

Six serie A clubs average gate is less than 10k. Even the mighty Juve are only averaging 28k this season.

Off topic, I know, I'll get me coat.

385405[/snapback]

True but there is more to it than that. The clubs have individual pay-per-view deals and that is suiting the big clubs just fine. They 'big three' of Jue-Inter-AC Milan are raking it in and probably wouldn't care too much about the rest of the league.

It could be a worrying vision of the future here...rapidly declining crowds as everyone just watches it on telly. Not to mention an even greater disparity between the big clubs and the others than we have here at the moment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.