SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ps3

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kamy100

I don't mind admitting that I am a Sony Fanboy. However couple of weeks ago I crossed over to the dark side and bought a 360. I have been nothing but impressed by it. Call of Duty 2 is awesome and forthcoming games such as Fight Night Round 3, Top Spin 2 and Ghost Recon all bode well.

Will still be buying the PS3 when it comes out. However I would not expect to see it in the UK until Spring 2007. What will happen is May 2006 for Japan, November 2006 for US and then Feb/March 2007 for us poor european, hopefully the rumours that like the PSP the PS3 is could be region free are true so that I can import my machine.

yeah spring next year and will be about £400 or more (blame blue ray) and games be priced at £50 to £60 ish

and plus been alot off talk about what it has but it all is rumours because someone got sacked from sony aswell for talking about the ps3 on there blog site

BUT DONT FORGET the games will only be as good to how the developers make them and same with the graphics

Edited by thebigguy

Guest Kamy100

and plus been alot off talk about what it has but it all is rumours because someone got sacked from sony aswell for talking about the ps3 on there blog site

384025[/snapback]

Yup that is right. They sacked this guy who worked for Sony or one of its subsiduries for saying that the PS3 was harder to develop for and that in some respects the 360 is more powerful.

Guest Kamy100

Just come across some leaked information that the PS3 will be released as follows:

16th September 2006 - Japan

21st September 2006 - US

March 2007 - Europe (Date to be confirmed at E3).

That one hell of a long wait for us Europeans again.

Anything you might read about possible release dates and pricing is completely made up.

Look, I'll start a rumour:

PS3 will launch worldwide between September and November 2006.

UK price will be £250

Hard drive will be extra, and will enable PVR functions

The controller won't be that batarang thing they showed last year.

Take your pick!

I wish it didn't look so much like a Bang & Olufsen design! Still, if they're going to make a gigantic console, let's hope there's room for some soundproofing inside. I got an Xbox 360 last week, and it's ridiculously noisy when it's spinning a game disc - my girlfriend thought the washing machine was on.

• 3 weeks later...
Good news for us Europeans as it will be a worldwide launch.  Wasn't expecting to get the PS3 by March 2007 so to have it November 2006 is a big bonus.

Sony also made lots of other announcements about the PS3:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/696/696062p1.html

390780[/snapback]

Kammy, I thought you would know better than that rolleyes.gif They might be saying that its a world wide launch now but give it a couple of months and that will all change sad.gif

Guest Kamy100
Kammy, I thought you would know better than that  rolleyes.gif  They might be saying that its a world wide launch now but give it a couple of months and that will all change  sad.gif

390782[/snapback]

Nah I don't think so. Sony want to hit the busy pre-xmas period to maximise the sales. I would pre-order as they will be in very short supply.

Nah I don't think so.  Sony want to hit the busy pre-xmas period to maximise the sales.  I would pre-order as they will be in very short supply.

390800[/snapback]

Hee Hee - I cant wait to dig this up in March next year when we still cant get our hands on one biggrin.gif

Just come across some leaked information that the PS3 will be released as follows:

16th September 2006 - Japan

21st September 2006 - US

March 2007 - Europe (Date to be confirmed at E3).

That one hell of a long wait for us Europeans again.

384572[/snapback]

Ive heard japan is november now and usa is november but the europe is surpose to be spring 2007 blame the blue ray technology ebcause they are having problems

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.