BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Broadband

We are currently on BT Unlimited Broadband at £29.99 a month. Is there anything as good, but cheaper?

How would I find out how much I was currently downloading a month?

Any recommendations?

We are currently on BT Unlimited Broadband at £29.99 a month. Is there anything as good, but cheaper?

How would I find out how much I was currently downloading a month?

Any recommendations?

I've just ordered tiscali for my daughter, on special offer at £12.99 per month, unlimited and 1 meg connection.

I think it's £14.99 now here.

How's the speed of all your connections - quick enough, or a bit slow? BT is good, but I want to save the extra £10/month cost of high def TV.

Normal web usage I'd say 1meg is plenty fast enough, depends on what you're after. Some of the packages that BT offer upgrade you to 8meg at no extra cost, 1meg at around £15 a month should suffice.

At my other address I had a 10 meg cable connection, during downloads the plates were shaking in the cupboards.

I still cant ADSL in my area, so I'm lumbered with AOL or ntl. At the moment, I've got a 612k ntl cable connection, which is absolute useless, because I was downloading OpenOffice via BitTorrent at a staggering... 7kb/s. AOl are just as bad though. My neighbour uses them.

i'm with ukonline at the moment. 2mb for £15 per month. uncapped. never had any problems so i have never needed to use it, but i hear that their customer service is awful.

does anyone know of any providers that offer decent upload speeds?

Den, If you want a realy bargain look at Biscit. You get your phone line rental, loads of free calls to national and local numbers, and upto 8meg broadband for £19.95.

I looked at the free broadband offer with talk talk but it worked out at £30, makes biscit the better option.

Biscit Freemax

• 2 months later...

I am currently with Tescos with Dialup at a cost of 10.99 a month - I have been looking at broadband for a while now and I dont get all the different deals etc and its all a bit confusing!

I dont download anything majorly all i do is surf the web but since we got broadband at work its too slow at home.

Don't want a package that includes my phone line and calls just broadband - any ideas?

broadband is definately the way to go. if you dont download much then you won't have to worry about any usage allowances. you could go to many providers and not pay much more than you are paying now. you could probably even get a broadband service for less than you are paying now.

adsl guide is a good place to start. i use uk online and i think they offer a basic package for 10 quid per month. i dont know the exact details on that deal, but you should be able to find someone that will throw in a free modem and not charge a connection fee

I still cant ADSL in my area, so I'm lumbered with AOL or ntl. At the moment, I've got a 612k ntl cable connection, which is absolute useless, because I was downloading OpenOffice via BitTorrent at a staggering... 7kb/s. AOl are just as bad though. My neighbour uses them.

Doubt its a connection problem, more a seeding issue or you need to mess with bit torrent

what bit torrent software are you using

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.