BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Poland 0 - 2 Ecuador.

Hasta

Ecuador apparantly only qualify for the World Cup because they win every home game in their group as they play many many moons above sea level. However the only competitive game they won away from home since the last world cup was against Bolivia who are even higher above sea level than they are.

Their recent friendly results are defeats to Holland, Japan, Macedonia (!) and Uganda (!!) with a draw against Columbia and a win over Honduras (yipee).

Poland on the other hand chased England home in the qualifyers and made us sweat a bit. They scored 10 more goals than England in our group and won every other game apart from the two against the Three Lions.

They played Ecuador in a friendly on neutral ground at the back end of last year, won 3-0, yet are 11/10 to win this game.

As it's the first day of the World cup and it's an otherwise dull game I'm sticking my neck out and sticking £30 on the Poles.

(I've also backed 0-0 just incase Ecuador pack defence!)

Poland will stroll it - wont they ????

Edited by Hasta

Ecuador apparantly only qualify for the World Cup because they win every home game in their group as they play many many moons above sea level. However the only competitive game they won away from home since the last world cup was against Bolivia who are even higher above sea level than they are.

Their recent friendly results are defeats to Holland, Japan, Macedonia (!) and Uganda (!!) with a draw against Columbia and a win over Honduras (yipee).

Poland on the other hand chased England home in the qualifyers and made us sweat a bit. They scored 10 more goals than England in our group and won every other game apart from the two against the Three Lions.

They played Ecuador in a friendly on neutral ground at the back end of last year yet are 11/10 to win this game.

As it's the first day of the World cup and it's an otherwise dull game I'm sticking my neck out and sticking £30 on the Poles.

(I've also backed 0-0 just incase Ecuador pack defence!)

Poland will stroll it - wont they ????

No

I was telling someone today that they shouldn't say Poland will roll over Eduador. They qualified from an extremely tough group and so you would think it would put them in good stead to at the very least be a competitive force.

Poland are hardly a force to be reckoned with.

Edited by James No. 7

i thought that was a very strange game. I thought Poland were nice to watch, good passing etc until they got into the final third. No shots on target says it all really though!!

With the Germans also looking dodgy in the opening match that group is wide open now...Poland Vs Germany is now massive!!

Delgado looked good for Equador....lets sign him!! :ph34r:

Joking of course!

Ecuador have some decent players whose pace can create problems, but not enough quality to pull through imo. As for Poland, they all seemed uninspired (unbelievable really, in a WC) and not up for it..

Edited by herbergeehh

I can't believe I was actually there!!! I'm at the freaking World Cup!!!

Ecuador had a great defense, they pretty much stopped most of Poland's attacks quickly.

The other side being as Mrs American said - Poland seemed a step too slow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.