BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Greyhound

Used to go to Greyhounds some time ago; Blunsdon(Swindon); Reading and Portsmouth (when staying with relatives). Friends had some racing dogs. Used to love it and was quite handy with the predictions as well. Never managed to drag Mr Roversmum along yet tho' :o .

Best of luck for tonight, LDR!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just cost me a tenner. I had it each way and it came third. Oh well better luck next time

Sorry fella.

If he stopped running so wide at the bends he'd have won a do by now. He gets in front but for some reason won't run on. Time for the trainer to earn her dough I think!

For those of you following the perennial loser that is Ashanti Prince, he is running in the 8:50 at Belle Vue on Saturday.

After two races as beaten favourite I think there may be some value in his price and if he runs the bends better he's got a real chance. It is a big 'if' though.

Our trainer has another running at Belle Vue tonight called Bright Cruiser. Get on!! Monster monster.

• 2 weeks later...

Wahey!!!!

Ashanti Prince got his first win at Belle Vue last night in the 8:05.

Flew out of the traps and hit the first bend in the lead and kept two lengths clear all the way to the line. Fantastic stuff.

Tell you what, it may have only been for £67 but if you could bottle the feeling of watching 'your' dog win it'd sell for a fortune. Mind you we did have a few quid on it at 9/4 to claw back some of what we'd lost in previous races.

Onwards and upwards now, he'll go up a grade and probably run next week. Now he knows what the game is all about don't bet against him winning again.

Oi Oi Ashanti!!!

• 2 months later...

Morning Jim.

He's won 4 races now and has gone up the grades to A3 (which is the third highest grade strangely enough).

He will be running this week on either Friday or Saturday but I'll know which later today. Will post on this thread when I know.

You can find out more info on the dog by typing Ashanti Prince in the search here

EDIT : Just checked the early race cards and noticed he's not running Friday so I've got to assume he will run Saturday night when you're there. Will confirm later.

Edited by LDRover

Cheers mate, I'll be putting a few quid on him if he's running.

8:35 on Saturday Jim.

Got to be honest, I think he's got a real chance but as always it depends on how he traps and then if he avoids trouble. I can see him winning if all goes well, he's not got much to beat and I reckon you'll get a decent price too.

I'll see you there.

Yes.

Checked slightly at 1st bend and ran wide, chance was gone after that and to be honest, given the winning time, he'd never have won that race anyway.

He'll hopefully get dropped down to A4 now, a grade he can win at.

A big thanks is due to our trainer too who had two winners on the night at 4-1 and 5-1 and told us about neither. Top work.

Had a great night out on Saturday, won a treble on the first race which set me up for the nights betting.

Ashanti Prince let me down, but Jason's other tip won me a few quid in the last race.

Cheers mate.

• 1 year later...

Well I've joined a syndicate which has bought a greyhound, no name yet, but he was only born last month, so its gonna be a while till he starts racing. He comes from a good pedigree, his dad was called Geordie Parker, his stats are here. Is summary, he ran 49 races, got 30 x 1sts, 6 x 2nds, 4 x 3rds, 3 x 4ths, 5 x 5ths and 1 x 6th.

Looking forward to a good few nights at the dog racing.

Well I've joined a syndicate which has bought a greyhound, no name yet, but he was only born last month, so its gonna be a while till he starts racing. He comes from a good pedigree, his dad was called Geordie Parker, his stats are here. Is summary, he ran 49 races, got 30 x 1sts, 6 x 2nds, 4 x 3rds, 3 x 4ths, 5 x 5ths and 1 x 6th.

I'd play him up front with Santa myself. :lol:

Nice one Jim, hope it goes well for you.

• 6 months later...
Jason/Jim,

Either of you got anything new to report on this? Was enjoying following the progress back when this one was live...

"White appache" is coming along very nicely. He should be racing by next year, and reports from the trainers say he is the fastest between him and his brother, so it looks like we picked the right one so far.

whiteappacheur5.jpg

Nice one Jim, let me know when he's making his debut at the zoo, I may be enticed along, by the way, who's training him?

As for Ashanti Prince, he got a couple of injuries and we decided to retire him. Can I just say that there's a lot of bad publicity of what happens to dogs when they finish racing but our trainer Darren Hampson put us in contact with a good greyhound rehoming kennels in Stoke on Trent.

So Ashanti is now enjoying his retirement and we can enjoy the memories of his (all too infrequent!) successes.

Edited by LDRover

Nice one Jim, let me know when he's making his debut at the zoo, I may be enticed along, by the way, who's training him?

Roy Carter who is based in Ormskirk, he is not attached to any track, mainly deals with pups. If he is an open dog we will leave him there, if not we will ring his dad's owner to organise

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.