SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 07

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I got Fifa 07 on the ps2 and i think its a vast improvement on the 06 version and id still prefer it to PES.

2 small niggles though are:

1 - no Sergio Peter however Taylor and McEveley (sp) are on there...

2 - hardly any Rovers players have there name verbally said on the game, think its only savage, benni and zurab on there... correct me if im wrong and if there are any others...

I can also say that there is no way in hell that the fella thats claiming to have played 3 seasons is telling the truth!! Why i hear you ask...

Well for several reasons, 1 that he would have to play around the clock unless he does 2 minute a half matches. If he simulates each game there is no way he would finish 1st 3 seasons in a row and i would also like to point out the final nail in the coffin.

If you play it at the hardest level possible then i definately doubt your honesty as it would be nigh on impossible to play 3 seasons in the space of time between game coming out and when you said you'd managed 3 seasons, including maximum level of dificulty.

1 thing i love about this new version though is you can change player positions so moral doesnt drop even if you play them out of game position.

e.g. changing Lucas Neil from rb to lb, Emerton from rwm to rb and David Bentley from cf to rm... its all good... Not to mention Crouchy and his robot!! lol

1 - no Sergio Peter however Taylor and McEveley (sp) are on there...

If you go online with it then it will update all the players for you :tu: (This was the ONLY good thing I had to say about FIFA this year - and I am normally a fan)

Yeah well its my choice isnt it cheers. If you dont like fifa dont b*tch about it to people who do, its sad...

Got to agree. I like playing both games for different reasons but I just can't understand the people who go out of their way to slag FIFA off. There seems to be too many people jumping on the Fifa bashing just because it's the "cool" thing to do.

* rant over, I'm having a bad morning already * :(

Got to agree. I like playing both games for different reasons but I just can't understand the people who go out of their way to slag FIFA off. There seems to be too many people jumping on the Fifa bashing just because it's the "cool" thing to do.

* rant over, I'm having a bad morning already * :(

Not so, I have bought FIFA every year it has come out (along with PES) and I like the differences in them both however. the little things that you find nice in the new FIFA soon get out weighed by the bad.

Give it till after xmas and see if anyone still plays.

Edited by Cocker

Just got the Xbox 360 version today and it is a completely different engine to the Xbox 1 and I can't say it's for the better.

If people thought the PS2 / Xbox version was rubbish, that isn't anything compared to the 360 verson.

I might give it another go tonight, or I might just play PES6

I rented FIFA 07 for the Xbox 360 last night from Blockbuster and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nice playing in proper kits and proper stadiums including the New Wembley and Millennium Stadium.

FIFA obviously know people think its too easy, so they've set difficult challenges for a the user to gain points which can be put towards the editor or new kits/balls and even highlights of the 2005/06 season from the top European leagues.

I am yet to play PES 6 but from what I hear it has been a disappointment.

FIFA 07 is by no means as polished as Madden 07 but its certainly the best FIFA game there has been for a while.

Thoughts on Pro Evo 6 - PS2 game:

Just spent the night before last playing Pro Evo 6, and have to say i wasnt impressed.

The game structure e.g. league season is poor at best and it doesnt even have the real team names for half the premier league.

Most the stadiums in the premier league are missing, so for the little time i played a league season i had to play Blackburn Rovers at fracking Highbury.

Shooting is woeful as going through on goal and then shooting you would be lucky to hit a barn door.

Taking the ball off a opposition player either results in being yellow/red carded (if press sliding tackle) and if you press the 'nudge player off ball' button it takes about 3 minutes real time in a 10 minute a half game to get the ball of a player, by which time the player has usually stormed through on goal and scored with impeckable accuracy.

The players faces and graphics are nowhere near the quality of Fifa and in my opinion after playing it, Fifa blows Pro Evo out the water!

The one redeaming feature that Pro Evo has is ball handling however it isnt that terrbly behind Fifa in that department.

The only thing that stopped me from taking the game disk out of the PS2 and smashing it against the wall was the thought of a refund!!

I would like to say this is just my opinion on the game...

Chalk one up for Fifa in my opinion...! :rover:

Edited by Rover The Moon

The game structure e.g. league season is poor at best and it doesnt even have the real team names for half the premier league.

Thats because they dont have the licence - see the previous posts in the pro evo thread from Flopsy about the option file that will sort this out

Most the stadiums in the premier league are missing, so for the little time i played a league season i had to play Blackburn Rovers at fracking Highbury.

And so they are in most other football games? Anyway, when the game gets going what more do you need to see than the players on the pitch? You cant tell where it is once kick off has begun?

Shooting is woeful as going through on goal and then shooting you would be lucky to hit a barn door.

You havent done the training have you ;)

Taking the ball off a opposition player either results in being yellow/red carded (if press sliding tackle) and if you press the 'nudge player off ball' button it takes about 3 minutes real time in a 10 minute a half game to get the ball of a player, by which time the player has usually stormed through on goal and scored with impeckable accuracy.

Your really funny :lol: Why dont you play the tutorial if you dont know how to play the game - it WILL sort out your tackling problems out

I am not shooting you down here mate but its not Pro Evo's fault that you are no good at the game (i cant point out enough how important the tutorial will be to you)

I did the tutorial...

The games pants and Fifa is better. Fact!

I have never lost a game on Fifa, with Pro Evo 6 iha such a huge gap between difficulties.

Id recomend Fifa 07 from now on...

FFS, your main concern with PES6 is that you're utter crap at it! It's pathetic. It's even more pathetic that you indulge in a game because you never lose.

Veteran Pro Evo players have absolutely no trouble competing at the highest difficulty. And that is the whole point of a game: competing; to pass some time with a bit of mental stimulation, not mind-numbing repetitive and unchallenging gameplay.

With a little bit of motivation, no fear of a challenge, and a bit of patience, and I'm sure any new player can master the game. (What is with the young 'uns these days? They never want to put in a bit of work and expect everything to be put on a plate for them! :lol:) Like Cocker said, there are tutorials to ease you into the game if you give the game a proper chance, and no-one is obliged to start at the highest difficulty (there is no shame in using the easiest level to start with).

I did the tutorial...

WHAT :blink: You did it and you still cant score or tackle :blink:

Wait a minute, this isnt like the story that you went to Ewood then you didnt then you did and it turned out you wern't there at all was it ;)

Edited by Cocker

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.