BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Good Day To One And All

I must admit that I want Rovers to play Burnley before I'm finished at Uni summer 08, would be great to experience a match against our arch rivals!! although preferably in the cup, cos we don't want them to be a premiership team do we :P

I must admit that I want Rovers to play Burnley before I'm finished at Uni summer 08, would be great to experience a match against our arch rivals!! although preferably in the cup, cos we don't want them to be a premiership team do we :P

I would love them in the Prem, be great watching them beat Sunderlands record for the least points!

Have to say, there is a certain inevitability that the dingles will win promotion this season. Having come 7th so often, they will make the play-offs and that small squad is sufficiently tight that they'll see off all-comers in the end of season kick-about.

It seems to go in cycles of one relative small team from an area making it up a level and the neighbours follow... then the dingles.

I would love them in the Prem, be great watching them beat Sunderlands record for the least points!

Moppy,

Threre's a chap called Gav who posts on here every now and then who put me right on this one. I suggested the same as you, but he rightly pointed out that if The Dingles ever got promoted to the Prem then they would have far too much money.

Leave them to stew where they are.

Don't think Hughes will leave to manage the Barcodes. He has been quoted at wanting to manage the club's he's played for, so that leaves a handful of clubs; Wrexham, Man U, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Everton and us.

Good point. Funnily enough I could see him managing one of the foreign teams before Man U. Cant see him ever managing Chelsea. And sorry to split hairs but he never played for Wrexham. He was born there but came up thru the Man Utd youth team.

Despite our dislike of them they are an old North West town club with a(half decent ;) ) tradition.With all respect you look at 'tin-pot' clubs like Reading,Watford,and Fulham and personally I would welcome t' Claret B'stards replacing any of them.Like many have said, a guaranteed 6 points and the usual pish take with full houses at both grounds!!

All I can say is that all those who don't want Burnley in the Prem along with Preston (and us of course) are afraid. Years ago we never used to be, on the contrary we positively drooled over the prospect of meeting and beating our local rivals. Until you have had the experience of traveling (scarf's flying )to Turf Moor for a boxing day match and watching them take the lead and then Rovers coming back to equalise in the second half and finally nicking the winner with 5 mins to go, you have never lived. It makes your Christmas complete; and the extra delights of watching the Dingles throwing their season tickets and scarves on to the pitch and melting away before the final whistle leaving only the Rovers fans singing their heads off.

Then after the match the thrill of running the gauntlet as you go back to your car and getting agro or stoned all the way out of Burnley and again as you pass through Accy! Oh, happy days! And most of you lot are afraid of it!! COME ON!!! Are you a man or a mouse?

Edited by Fife Rover

Well said Fife!

The "what's that?" factor of the dingles in 2nd place is only surpassed by the pleasure of seeing BIG CLUB slithering down the table. Fancy the Baggies will be a good side now they have got rid of Robson. Mowbray certainly buried their away day hoodoo in style yesterday.

I guess the M65 will get a bit busy when there are the Bumley v PNE play-off games.

Sg - you must be going soft

Attendance yesterday was a disgrace when we are in THIRD, lets hope the win will entice a few more on.

Got to say I'd love us and Preston to go up. They are in a better position than us to maintain their current position - we need a huge slice of luck with injuries, suspensions and form but stranger things have happened.

Actually I'd love us, Cardiff and PNE to go up - that would p*ss the premier league chiefs of (and the so called big clubs in our division like Birmingham, WBA, Leeds, Southampton)

And philipl - lets hope you are right

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.